• 1 Post By RigPig
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup

Thread: Medrol ----Anyone ever try it ?

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

Medrol ----Anyone ever try it ?

Hey Buds,

Got a forearm "Flexor" strain issue----been bothering me for over 6wks.
    *Dayum thing won't heal. haha

Dr. Said he doesn't do cortisone shots, and prescribed "Medrol" ---comes in a pack of 5 pills. Supposed to be an oral version of Cortisone but i've never heard of it. Dr. Said its not toxic to the liver.

Anyone ever try this ?

~T

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I've had DepoMedrol shots and SoluMedrol packs before. They do work, but they make me a tad more irritable than normal, and I have a tendency to eat everything in the refrigerator. Also, I sweat much easier.
    I generally get the best results and least sides from the injections and a short run of an Nsaid like Voltaren.
    There have been several times I was able to handle elbow and forearm issues by "flossing" the area. Do a Google or YouTube on Voodoo floss and it should give you plenty of hits.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

tcw
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I've had DepoMedrol shots and SoluMedrol packs before. They do work, but they make me a tad more irritable than normal, and I have a tendency to eat everything in the refrigerator. Also, I sweat much easier.
    I generally get the best results and least sides from the injections and a short run of an Nsaid like Voltaren.
    There have been several times I was able to handle elbow and forearm issues by "flossing" the area. Do a Google or YouTube on Voodoo floss and it should give you plenty of hits.
    Thanks almost----good to see some of the "Vets" still hangin around.

Right now, i'm stuck with crappy insurance and its a pain in the arse to see an Ortho. I can't believe my primary Dr. Won't give me a shot of Cortisone (mofo #$.%, sob----haha).

Anyway, i got this Medrol pak now, paid for the dayum thing, but then spoke to my BUDDY who says it sucks (Had all kinds of sides from it, sweating, diariah, etc). ---- Now i'm wondering if i should even take it?

I can get an apt with a Dr. for a shot, but its a pain in the arse----guess i need to make that effort.

You think i should try the Medrol ?

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You have it, give it a shot. You may or may not experience the same sides as described.
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    Thanks almost----good to see some of the "Vets" still hangin around.

Right now, i'm stuck with crappy insurance and its a pain in the arse to see an Ortho. I can't believe my primary Dr. Won't give me a shot of Cortisone (mofo #$.%, sob----haha).

Anyway, i got this Medrol pak now, paid for the dayum thing, but then spoke to my BUDDY who says it sucks (Had all kinds of sides from it, sweating, diariah, etc). ---- Now i'm wondering if i should even take it?

I can get an apt with a Dr. for a shot, but its a pain in the arse----guess i need to make that effort.

You think i should try the Medrol ?
    I would give it a try. The packs gave me worse sides than the injections, but it wasn't anything that wasn't manageable. My main issues on the Medrol pack were crazy appetite, more irritable than usual, and I would sweat like a madman.
    As RigPig stated, you may not experience the sides as intensely. Again, the sides were more of an annoyance than anything. Hope it fixes you up asap.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I've only had good results from it. Haven't noticed any side effects from a few doses. It's methylprednisolone if you want to look it up.
    almostgone likes this.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Ive taken it many times for of all things poison ivy. My biggest side was an increase in appetite and water retention. Neither were horrendous, its only 6 days.I kind of recall my dosing was in a pyramid down fashion though, not one pill a day. I thought it was like 6 one day, 5 the next, etc.....
    almostgone likes this.

tcw
    Thanks Buds,

Yeah, its a pyramid deal....6 pills first day, 5 next, etc.

2 question(s)

1. Not sure how this would work with my present cycle of 200mg/wk of Cypionate ???
    2. I'm not so sure this is better or same as doing a shot of Cortizone...

Anyone Know?
    Last edited by tcw; 10-05-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Thread Information