JasonOstermiller is offline New Member

Exclamation Abdominal injury and rehab

My name's Jason, 5'10, 205lbs. Mid January I pulled weight over my head to do some triceps. When I was bending over I felt a pop in my lower abs, right on the midline a few inches below my belly button where the connective tissue is. I talked to a few doctors, no hernias, but they told me that my muscle was starting to tear, either from itself or from the fascia. Muscle strain? Been doing some research. I stayed out of the weight room for a month. Wondering if any of you have experience with this type of stuff and if there are any good supplements or anything that I could take to get my back into my regular heavy lifting and training routine. It is almost summer. Thank you!
    Last edited by JasonOstermiller; 04-09-2016 at 12:47 PM.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What symptoms are you having now? Any pain? Any soreness or swelling?

JasonOstermiller is offline New Member
    I do experience a small amount of pain when I put pressure on my core when doing some exercises (mostly noticed pain doing lat pull downs). And there is minimal, but present swelling by that area. Anybody have success with PGH?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you actually tore the muscle it'll take awhile to fully heal. If the facia is torn you'll probably always have a lump. Working the muscle some will help it heal quicker than pure rest. Don't over do it and pay attention to how it feels. Just remember some pain is just part of the game.

Thread Information