Thread: shoulder injury

ironhardempress is offline Female Member

shoulder injury

I have a question concerning my husband't shoulder (he's not on this board). 12 years ago he had a motorcycle wreck that broke his left collarbone. It wasn't put back together right (sloppily) because he had no insurance at the time. It never really bothered him for years but now he is 41 and experiencing these symptoms: two fingers in his left hand are numb at the tips, he has pain and loss of mobility in that shoulder when doing pushing lifts, and he can't flex his left pec as well as the right resulting in not being able to do any pushing lifts with much weight like bench press etc. We are pretty sure this is all related to his old injury even though these problems just started up about 2 weeks ago. What kind of doctor should he see? An orthopedic doc? A general practitioner? A sports medicine doc? Or, do any of you have any ideas about what else might be causing this? He also has pain in his bicep, not when doing curls, but when doing the pushing lifts. It's really frustrating to him. He's very strong and loves to lift and this is holding him back.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    orthopedic specializing in shoulders would be my first stop.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    It's sounds like he may actually have a degenerative disc in his neck. Had the collar bone Been the problem, most likely he would have experienced it years ago.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Unless the collar bone is displaced very badly, I would not think it would have much nerve compression giving him those problems.

Look up Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS) and see if that sounds like something he is experiencing.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Proximal is offline Banned
    Great comments from above, all are worth exploring. A good ortho doc will explore everything.

Thread Information