chefjmo is offline Junior Member

achilles tendon tear!

I completely tore my achilles tendon last Tuesday. I had the operation last Friday. I just finished my first cycle about 3 weeks ago, taking pct now. This is going to be a long road to recovery I know. I'll have alot of time on the couch what I'd like to know if there's anything I could do to keep some muscle/strength? My left leg gets a lot of exercise going up steps . Thanks guys.

Steve051 is offline New Member
    If you are looking to exercise the actual tendon then eccentric contractions are known beneficial for tendon healing. If its been injured try doing them in a pool otherwise do them carefully on a step by leaning your weight against something.

Step up on a step one legged with the front of your foot and balance carefully letting the back half of your foot hang over the edge of the step. Now Step on your toe with this foot and contract into a phase of pulling your heel back below the edge of the step. If it hurts take more weight with your other leg until it reaches a threshold of not hurting.

Then put your other foot back on the step and get back into the starting position on your toe with the original foot, rince and repeat.

Maybe when your finished your PCT do a cycle of growth hormone to stimulate tendon healing.
    Last edited by Steve051; 06-05-2016 at 04:59 PM.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would only work the repaired one by whatever your pt tells you. Now is not the time to push the limits.

As far as upper body I'd try to work as close to normal as possible. You're going to have to improvise on some movements but it'll do you good being in the gym. Best of luck man.
    Last edited by 600@50; 06-06-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Thread Information