Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Lower back / knee pain

Ok so this is new and really bothering me.

I do have a torn meniscus on the same knee but on the inside of the knee.

Recently I have been getting lower back pains (same side as knee) and it's radiates to the knee. But on the outer part of knee.

It feels like nerve damage or pinched maybe....but I have no clue.

Sometimes the pain is just in the back with no raidiating...and sometimes just the knee.

Question is who would I go see my ortho...or a Chrio?

Hard to explain this sorry....but for someone who hates docs....I'm to the point where something has to give.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Generally when people have an injury, they change their body mechanics to adapt. I'm guessing that because of your knee, you take measures to diminish how much weight you are putting through that leg both in standing and with walking. That can cause a multitude of problems including what is coming from your lower back.

To answer your question I think the chiro could offer you a quicker fix (deep massage and/or manipulation), don't think the ortho could tell you too much - that's what my experience would tell me. Good luck Sfla!

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Generally when people have an injury, they change their body mechanics to adapt. I'm guessing that because of your knee, you take measures to diminish how much weight you are putting through that leg both in standing and with walking. That can cause a multitude of problems including what is coming from your lower back.

To answer your question I think the chiro could offer you a quicker fix (deep massage and/or manipulation), don't think the ortho could tell you too much - that's what my experience would tell me. Good luck Sfla!
    Thank you for the response prox.

And got an ortho apt Tuesday, it's been too long to get any meds over the phone so have to see him anyways

Also just found a chiropractic right across the street from the house

So problem sort of went away at least to the point I was not thinking about it anymore until last too days.

Friday night notice back pain. And Saturday some more.

Come Sunday it was shooting pain from lower back/hip shooting down to knee and even foot.

Wrote it off to sleeping wrong, until I started having tingling feeling in my foot. Happened Saturday too but did not have as much back pain.

So of course I'm a Google doctor. And seems like this could be sciatic nerve issue.

And basically from what I read not.much docs can do, and it goes and comes with time.

Anyone else have this? How does it happen....could I have pinned wrong?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My latest round of sciatica has lasted so far almost 5 months now. Your right it's definitely an on and off pain. Some days I get up and it's fine all day. The next day I slowly roll out if bed and for 4 hours can hardly move. What seems to aggravate mine is how long I stand on the concrete floor at work. After a 12 hour day standing pretty much all day I'll hurt for a few days. Try lying on the floor with your feet up on a chair or the sofa and your knees and hips bent 90 degrees. That really helps me. The heating pad does wonders also. And don't forget the ibuprofen.

I don't think pinning would have caused it unless you reached way around your glute to pin. High and outside on the glute and you should have been fine.

Mine started by reaching into my car for my coffee cup. Sucks getting older.
    Last edited by 600@50; 08-08-2016 at 08:03 PM.

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    When I started experiencing lower back pain, I thought about quitting training. I couldn't sleep, go for a long time, I suffered a lot. My doctor prescribed me painkillers. But it was not the solution really. What helped was yoga and swimming. Also, my wife presented me with a massage recliner. It was the real deal. It helps me relax and relieve pain.
    Last edited by Frank777; 01-13-2021 at 04:44 AM.

Thread Information