neubin is offline Junior Member

Proscar questions

Hey everyone got two questions.

1)I am going to do a cycle of AS in the near future...Do I need to start using my proscar ahead of time to get use to it or do I wait until I am about to start my cycle.

2)My cycle has test e in it and also winny. I understand proscar does not work well while on winny..Can I still take it or will this cause problems?

THanks

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    drop the winny if you are really worried about hair loss.
    Do you know if youre prone to mpb?
    If you only plan on taking finasteride temporarily, dont even bother. Once you stop taking it, the hair loss will accelerate. Doctors suggest that you plan on taking it until youre in your 40s....

Im not sure about MPB, is that from the back of the head forward or is it right at your forhead?

Sounds dumb I know....The other question is if I did take it what about sex drive and all the sides from it>? Any problems you had?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    drop the winny if you are really worried about hair loss.
    Do you know if youre prone to mpb?
    If you only plan on taking finasteride temporarily, dont even bother. Once you stop taking it, the hair loss will accelerate. Doctors suggest that you plan on taking it until youre in your 40s....

Blog Entries
    Well, knowing if youre prone to male pattern baldness is a tough one. Is your mothers brother bald? Father? Grandfather?

As far as sex drive, my consensus is YES it does effect your sex drive. I remember reading a study that talked about the role of DHT in the body, and one of the things DHT does is affect the sensitivity of the gentials(in laymens terms). I am a young guy, and have taken it enough to realize that my member is not as sensitive as before. A quick ex. could be something like this: Say you get your dong felt up, or get an inkling....normally youll get wood pretty fast. Well, not while taking a DHT inhibitor. At least not as quickly. It just seems to me that you are just not as receptive down there. I know doctors say that 99% of people who take it dont get sexual sides, but also the vast majority of people taking this med are in their 30s+.
    That's all i can think of right off the top of my head

Does your drive come back up when you stop taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Well, knowing if youre prone to male pattern baldness is a tough one. Is your mothers brother bald? Father? Grandfather?

As far as sex drive, my consensus is YES it does effect your sex drive. I remember reading a study that talked about the role of DHT in the body, and one of the things DHT does is affect the sensitivity of the gentials(in laymens terms). I am a young guy, and have taken it enough to realize that my member is not as sensitive as before. A quick ex. could be something like this: Say you get your dong felt up, or get an inkling....normally youll get wood pretty fast. Well, not while taking a DHT inhibitor. At least not as quickly. It just seems to me that you are just not as receptive down there. I know doctors say that 99% of people who take it dont get sexual sides, but also the vast majority of people taking this med are in their 30s+.
    That's all i can think of right off the top of my head

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neubin
    Does your drive come back up when you stop taking it?
    It was a couple yrs ago when i stopped taking it for a while... But yes, it does come back. But let me specify a little, i dont think it really effects your sex drive per se, but it has an influence on your sensitivity-get my drift? So, i guess when youre not real sensitive or aware down there, sex isnt really a concern of yours.
    I recently just started another cycle, and finally got some morning wood! -Its things like that that you dont get while taking finasteride in my experience.

Hopefully scottp999 will give his .02 on this subject.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Any and all sides are reversible in about a day from proscar. I completely agree with 956 Vette. Great erections are still there it does seem to take a little more stimulation to get one started. I am still like a teenager when I am really attracted to someone (Physically and mentally) but if I don't feel that intense about her than it seems there is more of a build up needed to get going.

I am hoping to see what a little extra test will do with that issue in a week or so.

1) Start proscar a min of 2 weeks prior to your cycle. If you are prone to MPB then get on it and stay on it if you notice no sides. The earlier you start the better. I think that if you are 21 or older then start anytime. If you are younger than that talk to a doc. It has a great safety profile for over 10 years.

2) Proscar should not do any more balding damage if you are on winny, it just will not help the situation. If you are prone to MPB then Winny is one of the worst things you can use. Anavar is expensive but I would consider it as an alternative or just leave that component out of your cycle all together.

I looked at your profile and did not see much there. Really any advice you get will be contigent upon you telling your stats, age, cycle, and training experience.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    What about Primo, is this as bad as winny as they are both dht derivatives. I was going to use 350mg test prop and 300mg primo a week with proscar. Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    What about Primo, is this as bad as winny as they are both dht derivatives. I was going to use 350mg test prop and 300mg primo a week with proscar. Any thoughts?
    same applies w/ primo, sorry

Thanks for the advise guys, I am 26, 6'1 240 pounds still have a full head of hair, but my mothers side does have a receding line on the front that her brothers and dad all had.

There is nobody bald in my family just some have thin hair up front or it the hair line has gone back a bit...Tough call for me...

Thread Information