Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 1moreset024
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Does this look bad?

nwjt is offline Associate Member

Does this look bad?

Usually do incline, decided to do flat bench for first time in quite a while, not a whole lot of weight, wasnt straining either. 4th set, pop pop.
    I have full movement. Not sure what to make of it. This is about 36 hours after, blood pooling up a bit on bicep, no pain there. Chest is tight when I raise my hand.
    Ive read mixed things online,

Does this look bad?-20171218_162457.jpg

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Youre good. Popped a vessel in front delt.

1moreset024 is offline Banned
    Never flat benched?

Get your form correct or you have a long road ahead of hidden shoulder and rotator cuff injuries
    Obs likes this.

Looks to me like a muscle tear.... not a full rupture.

I have had many in my quad or hamstrings that black and blue up.

Looks like you should be doing nothing but super light cable flies for a while.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Probably better get that checked out. The bruising and location are consistent with a pec tendon injury. It’s much easier for the doc to fix it if it’s a full rupture early rather than later.
    Obs and cousinmuscles like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Obs
    Imo, muscle tears hurt like hell, especially partial tears. Prtial tears limit mobility.
    You popped a tiny blood vessel. Be good as new in ten days.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Imo, muscle tears hurt like hell, especially partial tears. Prtial tears limit mobility.
    You popped a tiny blood vessel. Be good as new in ten days.
    No always the case, you can rupture a tendon and the nerve endings and not really feel a thing. Because the neural connection is severed. Sometimes the only pain a person would feel is after massive amounts of swelling take place.
    Obs likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    No always the case, you can rupture a tendon and the nerve endings and not really feel a thing. Because the neural connection is severed. Sometimes the only pain a person would feel is after massive amounts of swelling take place.
    I sure did get my ab tear checked probably a good idea then.

no pain in bicep but do you have pec pain??

FYI I went to the ortho doc today, he didnt know anything as expected. Getting an MRI approved. Hope to get that this week yet.
    I have full motion of my arm and its getting better and better. The main issue is that I am not stretching it or moving it like normal out of fear I have a tendon hanging by a thread. So its a little stiff when I raise my hand above my head, abut I am also just sore from the exercise.

The blood on my bicep is more now, and it moved down. I think its just pooling of the blood. The pain is on the underside of mypec, and the area in my pec it would normally be sore from bench.

Based on how I feel, I think this is a tendon-muscle injury. I had a tendon to bone injury before on my left side 15 years ago, that hurt inside my armpit. That healed fine by itself, and that was in a time I had to much weight on the bar and deserved it.

I used to do Test Cyp injections for trt, 200 mg per week, did that for 8+ with levels 750+. I could do reps with 275 on flat bench (im a smaller guy). For about about 1.5 years Ive been on The Gel. My levels sit under 240. I am wondering if this is too low of T for me and my body is degenerating? I am shocked I was injured with the weight I was using, 205 lbs, the same weight Ive been doing on incline for awhile now. I had the strength to do 3 or 4 more reps and was not struggling with the weight.

For form, I use a wider than shoulder grip, and come down into right above my neck area. A good approach but I know its probably harder on my tendons, so I may have to adapt and come down onto my chest. I just hate doing that as I fell like Im doing decline bench.

Edit will keep you guys posted on the MRI. Im also not going to tell them I am on TRT, you know they will blame that.
    Last edited by nwjt; 12-20-2017 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    no pain in bicep but do you have pec pain??
    Yes, top front pec like I would be sore normallly, but an odd pain on the bottom outside of the pec that Ive never felt before.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    After this injury for the night, my fingers felt nerve pain, then it stopped. If I damaged nerves, wouldnt I lose some mobility? I definitely feel pain there, its not numb at all, its just not extreme pain. P

please read about the dangers of pressing the way you do....

The Dangers Of The "Guillotine Press"

Thread Information