hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member

anyone here ever torn their pec?

i want to let people on here know that when you suffer an injury to get it checked out ASAP. the process to get things seen about in this country is a joke if there ever were one. also radiologists seem to be debating whether my left pec major is partially or totally torn which is unbelievable imo. its either one or the other lol. i should get something definitive today tho. just out of curiosity how in the hell could i have full range of motion with virtually no pain if it were totally torn? ive been squatting and doing accessory work on every muscle in the body except left chest for quite a while now. injury happened march 9. they seem to think its a muscle tendon tear and not tendon bone. at this point i just want to be knifed lmao. this has taken so long its absurd. thoughts? one last thing. when benching you do not have to touch your chest and do not flare the elbows, keep them tucked. this injury came with warning signs tho. i just kept on going. amazing i could push 400 off my chest while the pec totally ripped. i guess im superman or something lol.

Kinglondon is offline Junior Member
    Hey there! Yes I tore my right pec while bench pressing with my dad. Just to set the stage for you, I normally don’t touch my chest with the bar while benching due to an old shoulder injury. Anyway, I was benching with my dad, who’s almost 70yo btw and he said it doesn’t count unless you touch your chest. Silly me I started touching my chest with the bar and on my 3rd or so rep with some pretty heavy weight on I heard what sounded like a loud zipper opening up on my right pec. I could literally feel it ripping a few inches and my dad heard the sound! Anyway, he helped put the weight back on and I pulled up my shirt and it was I instantly bruised and I’m some decent pain. I never went to a dr. or anything and this was quite a while ago but I think it was several months before I could do any chest exercises again. Don’t remember the exact time line but it sure felt like a long time!

Kinglondon is offline Junior Member
    Looking back at a workout journal I see it was 2.5 months before I started working out chest again very lightly.

Thread Information