Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hubstr
  • 1 Post By EndlessApex

Thread: Shoulder Tightness

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member

Shoulder Tightness

Hey all

Recently my shoulders has been feeling tight and crunchy, never experienced this before... Its not whilst i train, it tends to be the day after...

Just wanted to know what you guys do for your should health?

Personally i always warm up, thoroughly before doing any pushing movements, I do a lot of hang stretching, I do over head and behind back stretching with a resistance band (Similar to stretching with a wooden stick), I also do rotator cuff rotations

Just wondering if you guys have any tips, or maybe some products you put on your shoulders to help?

Thanks!

hubstr is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduke93 View Post
    Hey all

Recently my shoulders has been feeling tight and crunchy, never experienced this before... Its not whilst i train, it tends to be the day after...

Just wanted to know what you guys do for your should health?

Personally i always warm up, thoroughly before doing any pushing movements, I do a lot of hang stretching, I do over head and behind back stretching with a resistance band (Similar to stretching with a wooden stick), I also do rotator cuff rotations

Just wondering if you guys have any tips, or maybe some products you put on your shoulders to help?

Thanks!
    it sounds like you have an imbalance of muscles causing internally rotated shoulders. Doing rotator cuff exercises is not the answer, you need to open up your thoracic area meaning stretching thoracic area and working on your lower traps and rhomboids to help pull things back.This will allow the shoulder to have proper movement and stop the crunchy noises from your shoulders also it will help prevent any potential injuries to the shoulders.
    Eduke93 likes this.

EndlessApex is offline New Member
    Check out SmashWerx on youtube, lots of good ideas for band work & stretches.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...hwerx+shoulder
    ScotchGuard02 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessApex View Post
    Check out SmashWerx on youtube, lots of good ideas for band work & stretches.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...hwerx+shoulder
    This is a good site and has some good stretching and mobility exercise.

Thread Information