Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By KINGKONG
  • 1 Post By yeahbuddy289

Thread: Elbow pain please help

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Elbow pain please help

I’m having some pretty bad pain in my right elbow. In 2012 I was doing heavy overhead tricep extensions and damaged the ulnar nerve... I haven’t been right since then. In 2014 I woke up one morning after training shoulders the night before with a massive lump on my right elbow. It was probably the size of half a baseball. I ruptured my bursa sac. I went and saw a dr for this as well. He had me wear a sleeve and took me out of work for a couple days.

Since then my elbow would some times bother me but it was nothing I couldn’t deal with. I don’t know how relevant this is but back in may of last year after finishing a chest work out I felt some pain in my right elbow and when I would bend my arm I noticed a small hard lump on the inside of my arm that was sore to touch. Only way I can really describe it would be what I image it would look like if I tore part of the tricep tendon and it rolled up. But I’d imagine I would have been in much more pain.

I didn’t train much for most of last year but I am now getting serious about it again. My elbow is really giving me problems this time around. I can’t tolerate any sort of push down, or skull crushers. I have modified my tricep workouts to work around my elbow. I now do dips, laying down tricep extensions with a dumbbell, close grip bench on smith machine, and dips on a machine. However I still find my elbow bothers me. I am taking mk677, a good joint supplement, naproxen 500mg 2x a day, I ice it, and I wear a very tight elbow sleeve when I train. Nothing seems to be helping and it looks like I’m running out of options. Does anyone have any recommendations???? Please and thank you.
    Last edited by yeahbuddy289; 02-10-2020 at 01:59 PM.

I have not seen a doctor for my elbow since I ruptured the bursa sac. I’m afraid that might be my only option at this point. However, he will probably tell me to rest it and not exercise “like a bodybuilder” anymore. I have already rested it, and giving up the one thing I enjoy doesn’t seem like a good solution to me.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Work around triceps for now..are you on anything even low dose test and deca helps my joints immensely..Get rid of dips brother and focus on cable work slow controlled movements, if you wanna lift forever you gotta run not sprint..I've had same issues from skull crushing boulders as a young man..

“Men do never if seldom, rise from small beginnings to great heights...Except through fraud or force"
    Niccolò Machiavelli

I just started a test/deca cycle 3 weeks ago. Hopefully I get some relief from that. But I’d imagine if 500mg of naproxen 2x a day isn’t touching it the mild anti inflammatory effects of deca won’t help.

Cable push downs give me the most trouble. It doesn’t matter how I do them- reverse grip, rope, single arm, you name it I’m pretty sure I’ve tried it. I’m going to work around triceps for now. I have been out of the gym for a week due to being sick so I’ve just been resting and icing it as much as possible. I have been bad about wearing the elbow sleeves I have because they are uncomfortable so I will make it a point to start wearing them consistently.

This is just very frustrating... I have been off all aas to conceive a child for the past 8 months and now I’m finally able to cycle again and I only made it two weeks until my body started letting me down lol

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    I just started a test/deca cycle 3 weeks ago. Hopefully I get some relief from that. But I’d imagine if 500mg of naproxen 2x a day isn’t touching it the mild anti inflammatory effects of deca won’t help.

Cable push downs give me the most trouble. It doesn’t matter how I do them- reverse grip, rope, single arm, you name it I’m pretty sure I’ve tried it. I’m going to work around triceps for now. I have been out of the gym for a week due to being sick so I’ve just been resting and icing it as much as possible. I have been bad about wearing the elbow sleeves I have because they are uncomfortable so I will make it a point to start wearing them consistently.

This is just very frustrating... I have been off all aas to conceive a child for the past 8 months and now I’m finally able to cycle again and I only made it two weeks until my body started letting me down lol
    Don't get depressed bro, your doing best you can..we beat our bodies up for years and there will be problems eventually ..My advice, lay off lifting, get your health and head ready and then light weight and whatever is easiest on your body..you got muscle memory so as long as you stimulate it and eat, it will grow..Wait for the gear to kick in and try to stay positive..trust me I get it, been through more injuries then I care to discuss,,best of luck to you brother!!
    Cylon357 and yeahbuddy289 like this.

Thanks bro!
    KINGKONG likes this.

Thread Information