Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By wango
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 3 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By s1nc1ty
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Supraspinatus Tendon is torn

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Angry Supraspinatus Tendon is torn

I finally got an MRI on my shoulder.

The supraspinatus tendon is torn.

Anyone know much about this kind of injury, how to rehab it and whether surgery is an option?

I've to wait 3 weeks to see an orthopaedic surgeon. I have health insurance so everything's covered.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate to say I told you, but . . .

Simple, find a surgeon that specializes in the repair.

Then -

F’n listen to and follow the rehab protocol/program. Don’t rely on supplements to speed things up, because you’ll likely f up a good surgery.

Do this or after the supraspinatus, the infraspinatus goes. After that, teres minor. You’re young, yes, you read that correctly. After this is fixed you’ll have endless years to train ahead.

Very easy answer.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good. You have answers now. Follow what Wango posted and as I stated in your other thread, quit putting your max power at the end of your reach; it's just asking for trouble. Close the gap, then fire off your power punch.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-02-2023 at 10:01 AM.
    Cylon357 and wango like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Please give me your thoughts on this:

MRI of the right shoulder has been performed.

The scan has been performed in internal rotation which suggests there is reduced range of movement.

The long head biceps tendon is located normally. There is a small biceps tendon sheath effusion.

Assessment of the subscapularis tendon is difficult due to position. There is tendinopathic signal change within but no tear is visible.

There is tendinopthic signal change with a short full-thickness tear in the anterior aspect of the supraspinatus tendon and internal singal change posterior to this. There is signal change in the tuberosity adjacent to the supraspinatus insertion.

Infraspinatus tendon is intact.

There is minor bursal thickening.

There is modest AC joint capsular thickening without bone marrow oedema.

There is no wasting of the rotator cuff muscles. There is slight increased muscle signal intensity in the teres minor muscle. There is no compressive lesion identified in the spinoglenoid notch to suggest denervation.

Articular cartilage on the glenoid and humeral head appeared unremarkable. There is no labral tear visible, however this is difficult to assess in the absence of arthrographic fluid or an effusion.

No other significant abnormality is seen.

Conclusion:

There is a full-thickness partial width tear in the anterior aspect of the supraspinatus tendon. There is enthesial reaction on the tuberosity. There is modest bursal thickening.

Oedema within the teres minor tendon suggests possible neuritis or nerve impingement. There is no wasting currently. A compressive cause is not identified.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    That's over my head, but I would do everything I could to maintain a full range of motion PROVIDED it didn't cause me grief. A little discomfort...maybe. Lots of pain...No.

I've been through PT 4 times and I would without a doubt follow their instructions to a T. If they have you doing wall dusters, light band work, ice, heat, tell you to stand on you head while doing bicycle kicks.....do it, and do it religiously. You'll be amazed at what it can do.

As you get a few more miles on you, you'll likely find that shoulders, knees, and hips need to be appreciated for what they do, and kept in good working condition.

Edit: If he has time, let Wango walk you through it. I know he's already given you a good introduction to how he would approach it.

Lay off the Liddell style punches or out of control punches. You know all of that force you're putting into your Apocalypse punches? Where do you think that force is concentrated when you don't connect. Jabs aside, you don't want to make contact right at the end of your reach with your power punches. You want to be punching through them with your footwork, core, hips, chest, etc. at about 2/3 to 3/4 of your reach max. This will vary just a tad depending on where you need to be in regards to your opponent's reach
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-06-2023 at 04:50 PM.
    wango likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Simply put, you have a tear of your supraspinatus. Good news is that the long head of the biceps looks good & there is no “arthritic” DJD on the head or the glenoid. And the labrum is good. It’s a tear only according to the MRI.

My previous post stands unchanged.

For a full-thickness partial width tear, should I opt for the surgery?

Yes, see post #2 above.

And then as payment for this free advice, which by the way is spot on, as well as the interpretation of the MRI and given by a professional whom he and his friends have done this for decades - how about giving the forum a break from your kinda goofy bs threads? Could you do that? Thank you.

I'm booked in for surgery at the end of this month.

The surgeon will drill into the bone and attach an anchor, and the other side of the anchor will go to my tendon. I'll be in a sling for 4 weeks and then I can start rehab.

He made clear to me that no tendon repair job ever gets it back to 100%, but it will be good enough for me to continue enjoying sport.

I'll start taking Anavar on the day of the surgery in order to minimize the muscle wasting over the four weeks that follow. Also plenty of BPC157 and TB500.

When I get the sling off, I'll go on Tren and Anadrol to beef my shoulders back up a bit and regain strength. I hope to be back in the boxing ring by November.

The surgeon told me that he's done over 2000 of these surgeries and that his success rate is in the high 90's percent.

The surgeon is also going to do a 'decompression' while he's in there.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I'm booked in for surgery at the end of this month.

The surgeon will drill into the bone and attach an anchor, and the other side of the anchor will go to my tendon. I'll be in a sling for 4 weeks and then I can start rehab.

He made clear to me that no tendon repair job ever gets it back to 100%, but it will be good enough for me to continue enjoying sport.

I'll start taking Anavar on the day of the surgery in order to minimize the muscle wasting over the four weeks that follow. Also plenty of BPC157 and TB500.

When I get the sling off, I'll go on Tren and Anadrol to beef my shoulders back up a bit and regain strength. I hope to be back in the boxing ring by November.

The surgeon told me that he's done over 2000 of these surgeries and that his success rate is in the high 90's percent.
    If you actually knew anything about boxing you would understanf how ridicolous this sounds. A word of advice - try not to overdo your lies so much so that they will atleast sound believable.
    lovbyts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    If you actually knew anything about boxing you would understanf how ridicolous this sounds. A word of advice - try not to overdo your lies so much so that they will atleast sound believable.
    The orthopedic surgeon said I'd be back fighting by the end of the year.

I'm going in for surgery on Tuesday next week.

Just now I made a big order of BPC157 and TB500, and so I'll start taking it on the morning of the surgery.

I still have approx. 6 week supply of Anavar left over from my previous cycle, and so I'll also start taking that on the morning of the surgery.

About a month after the surgery, when I can take the sling off and start moving it a bit, I'll start on very low dose Test and Tren , and stay on for a month or two.

Surgery is tomorrow. I took a 50mg Anavar pill this morning to start my recovery cycle. Gonna take a shot of BPC157 + TB500 tonight and again tomorrow morning.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Who is your surgeon. I would like to DM him and suggest a lobotomy.
    Cylon357 likes this.

I'm doing the breast stroke in a swimming pool full power 3 weeks after surgery, Also I can shadow box throwing light punches in the air.

Yesterday I had my 3-month follow-up. It's the first time my surgeon has seen me since the surgery.

So first he asked me to raise my arm all the way up, and I was able to raise it right up above my head. He said that at the 3-month mark, he was hoping for 90degrees forward and 90degrees to the side, but I could do 180 degrees so he thought that was great. He told me he was amazed at how quickly and how well it healed, he had looked at the videos I had emailed to him along the way charting my progress.

But I wasn't done yet. I brought a 12 kg weighted bar with me into his office, and I told him "I'll show you the torture test I do on my shoulder". I held the bar out in front of me with both hands, then brought it up above my head, then brought it down backwards and touched it off my lower back. I moved it backward and forward over my head like that, touching my quads, then touching my lower back, then touching my quads, then touching my lower back. You should have seen the look on my surgeon's face. He kind of blinked his eyes a few times and give his head a little shake. He told me he was totally amazed, and that nobody can do what I did. (Of course he meant nobody who's had the surgery I've had).

He told me he's being performing that surgery for 17 years and he's never seen a recovery like mine. We chatted about why it healed so well and I mentioned the peptides TB500 and BPC157, and he said yeah they may have helped, but he also said I took an interest in it and really did a very good rehab.

Before the surgery, I wasn't hoping for a full recovery as he had already told me that a repaired tendon is never as good as it once was. But now seeing how well things are going, I'm aiming for the sky. I'm gonna get this shoulder even better than it was before -- more range of motion and more strength.

He said the he drilled two anchors into my bone, one made of polyethlyene and one with a little cloth ball on top of it which he can sew a suture into. He says that sewed two sutures into my tendon and that they won't dissolve -- I have them for life.

He told me that using those anchors to pull the tendon back to the bone was about making contact between the bone and the tendon, but he said it seemed that compression was more important, i.e. he tugged on the sutures and tightened them so that the tendon is compressed against the bone. He says his compression is what really gets it to heal properly.

So it looks like I'm gonna be one of the very few people who have rotator cuff repair surgery and have a brand new shoulder after it all.

This week and next I'm gonna do extremely light sparring with a friend, throwing little baby powder puff punches, and then in early December I'll go back to the boxing gym and throw full-force punches.

My surgeon also said he thinks it's very unlikely that it will tear again. If it does tear again then I reckon I'll give up boxing for good . . . but while I'm fit and able I'll continue to box for the fun of it.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    I bet the secret to this miracle recovery was trenbolone . I bet you could even treat the flu with it

Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    I bet the secret to this miracle recovery was trenbolone. I bet you could even treat the flu with it
    I took TB500, BPC157, Anavar , Dianabol , Anadrol , glucosamine, calcium, iron, multivitamin, omega 3 and cod liver oil.

Thread Information