• 5 Post By Scorpion0922
  • 3 Post By Zenpump
  • 3 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By wango
  • 2 Post By lovbyts

Thread: left arm weak

crane is offline Associate Member

left arm weak

about a couple months ago I noticed my left bicep was was about 60% weaker than my right. this was all of a sudden and out if the blue. I didn't get injured or feel andynpain nothing!. I kept doing cures and eventually one day it just came back. Now I go to do a bench press and my left arm doesn't want to go up. I tried to narrow down what the hell it and narrowed it down to my tricep. the same thing has happened to my left tricep. it is like 60% the strength of.my right. I look it up and I guess I may have a pinched nerve. I don't feel any pain or anything like that.
    Has this happened to anyone and if so did you fix it and how. I am hoping it will just go away and recover like the bicep did. I wonder if it has to do with should workouts. I have really increased my shoulder workouts like 40% to get those cuts and popping. guess I amd not CUT out for that

Scorpion0922 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    After a couple of months it woudl be time to go have it checked by a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0922 View Post
    After a couple of months it woudl be time to go have it checked by a doctor.

the bicep happened a couple months ago and came back to normal with in 2 to 3 week

the tricep now has one been week for about 3 weeks now

Quote Originally Posted by crane View Post
    the bicep happened a couple months ago and came back to normal with in 2 to 3 week

the tricep now has one been week for about 3 weeks now
    Which is a recurring issue. Get it checked out.
    Cylon357, songdog, lovbyts and 1 others like this.

thanks dad but that wasn't the question

You can give me all the attitide you want, you asked and got an answer. Do with it what you will.

Zenpump is offline Junior Member
    My man dont come on the forum and act like a dick. He gave you the best advice - get it checked out. For all we (and you) know it could have been a stroke or heart attack (google pain/weakness in the left arm). Nonetheless, I in 40+ years in athletics I have never heard of this. Sounds like something, especially after this amount of time, that is not going to "just go away". GET IT CHECKED OUT
    Scorpion0922, Cylon357 and songdog like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If you'll lay off the attitude, you might stand a chance at getting help, otherwise you'll likely be ignored

Yes, I had a issue similar to that but mine progressed to having my C-spine pretty much rebuilt and hardware installed.

If it's a pinched nerve and you follow the advice given, there's a good chance you can rectify the issue. I would speak to your primary care provider or hunt around and find a good PT/ a physical therapy provider with a good rep.

Edit: The longer you delay seeking treatment is just more chance for nerve damage to occur, if that is the issue.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-13-2023 at 06:48 PM.
    songdog, lovbyts and Scorpion0922 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

...or continue to guess at your problem and potentially risk having something like this done. Mine was C2-C7 laminectomies, Foraminotomies, and facetectomies. Additionally, 2 titanium rods, cross link, fastening hardware and pedicle screws. Fusion of C-3, C-4, C-5, and C-6. The surgery done in the picture is roughly half the amount they did to my C-spine..

Your choice. I'm just warning you of what it may could be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails left arm weak-download.jpeg  
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Here's a homework assignment, Crane. Read up on cervical radiculopathy and what it can affect. Particularly pay attention to C-4, C-5, and C-6 nerves and what muscle groups they innervate.

Be aware IF it is nerve impingement, it can lead to further damage, numbness, loss of strength, and sone pretty rough pain. ..

Not saying that's your issue, but it could be....hence the need to get it checked out as others have advised you.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-13-2023 at 09:52 PM.

there you go that's what I was looking for. someone time just getting a pinched nerve could be just that and it goes away just like my bicep has done i had some one tell me that hanging froma bar pulls out the pinch nerve by extending the muscle . but you bring alittle more info to the table. sorry but getting it checked out is something my wife says. for that I don't need to come on here I am not trying to be mean but unfortunately if I didn't respond to that comment you guys most likely not even commented. I was looking for someone with this type of experience.

You should get it checked out if it lingers at all. It may or may not resolve on its own. It could be that a little PT and nerve glides fixes you up. On the other hand, weakness isn't a good sign nor necessarily the worst sign. That's why a diagnosis is valuable.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    about a couple months ago I noticed my left bicep was was about 60% weaker than my right. this was all of a sudden and out if the blue. I didn't get injured or feel andynpain nothing!. I kept doing cures and eventually one day it just came back. Now I go to do a bench press and my left arm doesn't want to go up. I tried to narrow down what the hell it and narrowed it down to my tricep. the same thing has happened to my left tricep. it is like 60% the strength of.my right. I look it up and I guess I may have a pinched nerve. I don't feel any pain or anything like that.
    Has this happened to anyone and if so did you fix it and how. I am hoping it will just go away and recover like the bicep did. I wonder if it has to do with should workouts. I have really increased my shoulder workouts like 40% to get those cuts and popping. guess I amd not CUT out for that
    Odd to say the least.

It is completely atypical of an impingement at the cervical level.

I’m thinking something more peripheral as the C-5 thru C-7 nerve roots converge to form the brachial plexus.

It’s still weird though that only 2 muscles are getting isolated and even stranger is that they happen individually at separate times. And, no sensory (numbness, tingling) or pain.

I’d sure push for a cervical MRI to rule out impingement & a nerve conduction study to rule out the peripheral involvement.

I’d be very interested to hearing the results, thank you.
    almostgone and Cylon357 like this.

^^^^ There's your answer OP. I think Wango actually teaches/taught this information as a profession.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    there you go that's what I was looking for. someone time just getting a pinched nerve could be just that and it goes away just like my bicep has done i had some one tell me that hanging froma bar pulls out the pinch nerve by extending the muscle . but you bring alittle more info to the table. sorry but getting it checked out is something my wife says. for that I don't need to come on here I am not trying to be mean but unfortunately if I didn't respond to that comment you guys most likely not even commented. I was looking for someone with this type of experience.
    Well your wife isnt wrong.

You could also have early stages or MS

You said you have no pain. If you had a pinched nerve you would know it, its painful. I can guarantee almostgone didnt get plates in his neck for the fun of it and I didnt just have 3, 2" 18g needles shoved into my neck/spinal-cord 3 separate times in the last few months because there was no pain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230404_103426.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	791.4 KB 
ID:	182519
    almostgone and songdog like this.

Thread Information