NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member

Injured Athlete Films to Motivatehelp refrain from bodybuilding but to inspire lite--

Title: Injured Athlete Films to Motivate/ or help refrain from bodybuilding but to inspire lite--

So, you've injured a part of your body, perhaps the shoulder as in my case?

What films would you suggest to refrain from actual bodybuilding and to instead to Yoga / light band stretches / other lite dumbell rehab exercises?

Refraining from what you Love to do, does indeed take discipline....

Here are 2 films:

1) Dragon, The Bruce Lee Story
    2) Bleed for This (The Vinnie Pazienza pro boxer story/biopic)

Granted there was more refraining in the 1st film, where Bruce devotes his Chi or passion or channels it through writing his Tao of Jeet Kune Do

In the 2nd one, Vinnie Pazienza, a boxer from Rhode Island, trains around the injury in a way, that he's careful not to break the small bone in his neck which could cut his spinal cord

I myself have decided to do lots of cardio on my at home treadmill and Ab crunches on a machine I have at home

If I do decide to do squats, the only overhead lifting will be the one putting an olympic barbell which ways 45 lbs on its own, on my squat rack

Care to add to this list of injured athletes, whether real or fiction, that have found inspiring ways to not sink deep into despair, but either channel their energy into stretching and other endeavors (like buying Franco Colombu's nutrition book and finish reading it while only doing light band exercises), in order to get better by Pumping Blood into Tendons, Ligaments Joints that are under the skin and don't get enough warmth or blood flow for quicker healing,

or in Vinnie's case, work around an injury?

One of the owners of a gym in NY had gotten into a bad accident while working in construction back in 1997 or so, I hired him, he told me the settlement helped him go in with a business partner on that gym and the best advice when injured was

"working around the injury"

on the principle that there's more than 1 way to skin a cat

or other exercises can develop targeted muscles and put less strain on the affected injured bodypart

So any film suggestions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by NiceGuyResearcher; 09-29-2023 at 06:23 PM. Reason: slash mark between motivate / help

Thread Information