olympia81 is offline Junior Member

how to get rid of loose skin????

like i was saying before about my stretch marks i am looking for a way to get rid of them also i have some loose skin on my lower stomach i am pretty lean right now i have my abs showing but my problem is my lower stomach because it was stretched like a balloon.... is there any way to get rid of it besides a tummy tuck i am only 22 years old and they say since i am young it could tighten up. but i heard talk in the gym that a doctor can perscribe a perscription for a pill that tightens up the skin anyone know about that or has anyone had a tummy tuck or lipo....thanks

HorseyGrl is offline Female Member
    The best way to go would be plastic surgery IMO. To start, you should go see a dermatologist about that pill you are refering to, then from there decide if you want to go see a plastic surgery doc.

olympia81 is offline Junior Member
    thanks horseygrl

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Olympia..If you are only 22 then give the skin some time to see how it rebounds..The elasticity level of your skin is very high at your age and the skin is much more pliable than most people realize..If you keep your weight down you may experience some noticeable skin tightening..As far as the pill you are referring to I can tell you I have never heard of it and I deal in cosmetic surgery as a specialty..

My recommendation for you is to wait and make sure you are going to stay at the weight you are and that it is a comfortable weight for you..If after a year or two your weight has not fluctuated too much and your skin is still quite loose, then seek out the opinion of a cosmetic surgeon..Removing loose skin is not a huge, involved procedure, but you want to make sure the timing for it is appropriate..PM me if you have any questions or post them in this thread and I will respond as soon as possible..

Doc M

BDTR is offline Retired
    At 22 it should come back. After I got injured and didn't lift for over a year I got REALLY fat, my skin on my stomach stretched a great deal, now it's back to normal and I'm 24. If all else fails, you'll be paying a visit to the OR. Good luck.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    From everything I've heard, the cosmetic procedure causes quite a bit of pain for weeks after surgery. I'd explore other options first.

DAWG209 is offline New Member
    Hey bro, i had the same problem i had to get the tummy tuck. By the time i was 18 i got to 380 and im only 5'7, i dropped to 190 then bulked up to 220 at 8% bodyfat. I stay that way for 3 years im 22 now and last december i had the tummy tuck because for the life of me the elasticity wouldnt come back. If i were you give it time see if it does shrink back in, if not get the tummy tuck best thing i ever did.....For the people reading this i never had the gastric bypass or stomach stapling it was hard work. so bro i commend you on losing weight its a tough thing to do.

man_of_steel is offline Associate Member
    does having a tummytuck leave visable scarring? if so,how bad are they?? I'd really like to know..always been curious..thanks...

bogus311 is offline Junior Member
    At what age would the stomach not get back to normal/flat ?

Thread Information