Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"

Doc Sust. to answer question on injuries

greetings everyone, welcome to the injury and rehabilitation forum. i am glad the board put this together. any question pertaining to injury or rehabilatative care, i will gladly answer. i am a physician thats practices physical theray and chiropractic rehabilitation. i also am a competitive powerlifter so i also know alot about injury from my own experiences.feel free to pm me anytime and i will get back to you as soon as i can.

Doc. Sust

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    I'm sure alot of members are glad to have your experience for resource, myself included.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    .Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience, Doc......It is much appreciated...
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    .Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience, Doc......It is much appreciated...
    no problem gentelman, glad i can help, the board has helped me so much, i am glad i can give back to our community.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    greetings everyone, welcome to the injury and rehabilitation forum. i am glad the board put this together. any question pertaining to injury or rehabilatative care, i will gladly answer. i am a physician thats practices physical theray and chiropractic rehabilitation. i also am a competitive powerlifter so i also know alot about injury from my own experiences.feel free to pm me anytime and i will get back to you as soon as i can.

Doc. Sust
    Great to have you here Doc.

Sorry it took so long to get this forum up and running. Congrats, as you are our newest AR Medical Advisor as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Great to have you here Doc.

Sorry it took so long to get this forum up and running. Congrats, as you are our newest AR Medical Advisor as well!!!
    thanks 956vette!!! MBaraso called me on friday and told me you were looking for me. well i am back on board, and this forum, kicks ass. i will do my best to help everyone.

Papi93 is offline AR VET

Neck Problems

A coworker of mine wanted me to ask you this question:

I have been having some neck problems for over some time now. My neck feels sitff and the back of my neck feels pressured, causing me to always move my head left to right and front to back. While doing this, my neck always makes a loud cracking noise. People have massaged my neck before and noticed a knot-like feeling in the back of my neck (like a deposit of some type). Is this normal?
    I don't think I had any neck trauma happen to me. Maybe it was some habit that I had formed that causes me to rotate my neck which causes the knot-like build-up. What should I do? Can this get worse?

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    A coworker of mine wanted me to ask you this question:

I have been having some neck problems for over some time now. My neck feels sitff and the back of my neck feels pressured, causing me to always move my head left to right and front to back. While doing this, my neck always makes a loud cracking noise. People have massaged my neck before and noticed a knot-like feeling in the back of my neck (like a deposit of some type). Is this normal?
    I don't think I had any neck trauma happen to me. Maybe it was some habit that I had formed that causes me to rotate my neck which causes the knot-like build-up. What should I do? Can this get worse?
    sounds to me like a simple triger point, everyone has them or gets them, if it is tende with touch and is muscular in nature its normal. does it feel better with massage? it should. there are trigger point therapys and myofacial release would help. even though you didn't have a specific neck trauma it can be caused from every day microtrauma's from the way you sit to having a deskjob and looking down allthe time, bad posture, position of computer screen or TV, working out , etc etc. general "wear and tear". i can not say this is your condition for sure since i didn't exam you, but it doesn't seem to me that you need an mri or orthopedic surgery either.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    My toe hurts...
    Great to have your advice doc

brocaster is offline New Member
    sounds to me like a simple triger point, everyone has them or gets them, if it is tende with touch and is muscular in nature its normal. does it feel better with massage? it should. there are trigger point therapys and myofacial release would help. even though you didn't have a specific neck trauma it can be caused from every day microtrauma's from the way you sit to having a deskjob and looking down allthe time, bad posture, position of computer screen or TV, working out , etc etc. general "wear and tear". i can not say this is your condition for sure since i didn't exam you, but it doesn't seem to me that you need an mri or orthopedic surgery either.
    My neck does feel better when it gets massaged. However, it starts all over again. Quick question. What is tende that you described. And what is myofacial all about? I think bad posture and/ or looking down all the time could be the reason you described that caused it because I tend to have bad posture and ever since I was younger I keep looking with my head down. I really appreciate the advice you gave me. Thanks so much.

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member
    hi Doc,

I have a question about elbow tendonitis and forearm tendonitis, how do I repair the damage there.

Quote Originally Posted by catlovesfood
    hi Doc,

I have a question about elbow tendonitis and forearm tendonitis, how do I repair the damage there.
    elbow tendonitits,
    What Are the Symptoms of Tendinitis?

* Pain at the site of the tendon and surrounding area. Pain may be a gradual buildup or sudden and severe, especially if calcium deposits are present.
    * Loss of motion in the shoulder, called "adhesive capsulitis" or frozen shoulder

How Can I Avoid Tendinitis?

When performing activities:

* Take it slow at first. Gradually build up your activity level.
    * Use limited force and limited repetitions.
    * Stop if unusual pain occurs. Do something else. Try again later and if pain recurs, stop that activity for the day.

How Is Tendinitis Treated?

Initial treatment includes:

* Avoiding activities that aggravate the problem
    * Resting the injured area
    * Icing the area the day of the injury
    * Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medicines

If the condition does not improve in a week, see your doctor. You may need more advanced treatments, including:

* Corticosteroid injections. Corticosteroids (often called "steroids ") are often used because they work quickly to decrease the inflammation and pain.
    * Physical therapy. This can be very beneficial, especially for a "frozen shoulder." Physical therapy includes range of motion exercises and splinting (thumb, forearm, bands).
    * Surgery. This is only rarely needed for severe problems not responding to other treatments

Blog Entries
    Hope you dont mind doc.sust, as you got a new title buddy

thrilled with the new title!!!!!thank you vette, and i also thank the entire board.!!

Blog Entries
    thrilled with the new title!!!!!thank you vette, and i also thank the entire board.!!
    My hopes are that you can keep up the quality contributions here. Much appreciated bro! ...and change that damn avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    My hopes are that you can keep up the quality contributions here. Much appreciated bro! ...and change that damn avatar
    i will keep up the good work, but the avatar, i can't promise!that goofy looking alien like kid makes me laugh every day when i look at him!!!

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    wow! Strong work Dr Sust! That's awesome and definately deserved! Take care
    "Medical advice given on this board can not be case specific, but often times with the injuries/symptoms/etc discussed, this is what is recommended. In order to get it fully evaluated, you should address it with your primary physician or health care provider"

thank you lifter girl, for your help on this forum and the support!!!!

no problem i appreciate having a colleague like you to rely on too ! And dont forget to change that avatar
    "Medical advice given on this board can not be case specific, but often times with the injuries/symptoms/etc discussed, this is what is recommended. In order to get it fully evaluated, you should address it with your primary physician or health care provider"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liftergirl
    no problem i appreciate having a colleague like you to rely on too ! And dont forget to change that avatar
    See, someone agrees with me

ok ok i may change it. i like that guy, it is one of Mbarasso's flunkies. the guy in the avatar actually thinks he was a bodybuilder and had a good body, that pose was a serious picture or this guy!! he thought he was in great shape!!! another reason it makes it so funny!! i wil look for a new avatar soon.
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 10-28-2005 at 10:25 AM.

hmmmm....did i mention the avatar or was that an edit by the gods above??? funny stuff! I personally think the avatar is hilarious!!!

Blog Entries

keep the avatar, just hazing ya Get used to it new fish

lol

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    Do you mean your Avatar is not a pic of you. Now Im really disappointed. HA
    Congrats, your help with my shoulder when I first got on the board has been a great help.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    what do you think of this website i have ordered the dvd and book and just started tonight to do the exercices.

I have been having back pain for 4 years now.

ww.losethebackpain.com there is a 30 day return garantee if i do not see results in that period of time.

I will be sure to keep the people on this board posted on my progress and if it does work will post a complete rehab program that might be suitable to anyone that has to live with back pain.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    what do you think of this website i have ordered the dvd and book and just started tonight to do the exercices.

I have been having back pain for 4 years now.

ww.losethebackpain.com there is a 30 day return garantee if i do not see results in that period of time.

I will be sure to keep the people on this board posted on my progress and if it does work will post a complete rehab program that might be suitable to anyone that has to live with back pain.
    never heard of such a ludacrious thing. everyepisode of back pain is so different it couldn't work for everyone. hey it may work 4 u, i don't know, but someone with a herniated or bulges disc, no way. if something sounds to good to be true 995 of the time it isn't

i agree! low back pain is such a differing thing between people! it's usually not even caused by the same thing each time a person gets flares! i'd say keep with the stuff mentioned on the board before....usually those internet schemes end up being scams that arent ever approved by a person knowledgeable in it anyway! or, could just be some good stretches that you could read about in any fitness magazine! (or learn from anyone knowledgeable on this board!)

take a lok at the other thread this a$$ posted i could use some help in a debate liftergirl.

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    Too funny Doc, you have forgotten the number one rule in a debate, it takes 2 knowledgeable people with intelligent opinions to make a debate.......

take a lok at the other thread this a$$ posted i could use some help in a debate liftergirl.
    the one that is solely dedicated to this website he's talking about??? glad to help

Quote Originally Posted by OldPLer
    Too funny Doc, you have forgotten the number one rule in a debate, it takes 2 knowledgeable people with intelligent opinions to make a debate.......
    you are right!! this guy is an idiotm there fore it isn't a debate at all!!! good point.

Quote Originally Posted by liftergirl
    the one that is solely dedicated to this website he's talking about??? glad to help
    thats the goof, feel free to add your 2 sense, i am going to blow a gasket if i go back on that page for another minute

Thread Information