Thread: Avn

kman is offline Anabolic Member

Avn

Avascular necrosis of my medial sesamoid, is what I have been diagnosis with, and the doc wants to cut the bone out. Anyone ever heard of this, or know any alternatives?, all help, and info is greatly appreciated

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    necrosis means in short the bones supply of natural nutrients and in essence has died, best thing that can happen is it gets cut, i know of no other options, i would seek a second oppinion from a second ortho. i f i am not mistaken i know you play at the top level of your sport, i am sure the dr you saw was top notch, but a second oppinion cant hurt. i myself do not know any alternative treatments for this

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    necrosis means in short the bones supply of natural nutrients and in essence has died, best thing that can happen is it gets cut, i know of no other options, i would seek a second oppinion from a second ortho. i f i am not mistaken i know you play at the top level of your sport, i am sure the dr you saw was top notch, but a second oppinion cant hurt. i myself do not know any alternative treatments for this
    Thanks for the response,yea the doc was def. top notch,and you are right about getting a second opinion. After staying up all night reasearching this topic, there is not much more I can do but get it cut out like you said. It sucks cause I have never had surgery, but I Am going to take this as a positive, and I know it will make me stronger, especially mentally..

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    keep me posted on the second oppinion, i hope the results are more favorable

Thread Information