Thread: Fallen Arches

DNoMac is offline Senior Member

Fallen Arches

I have really flat feet. I was wondering if over-the-counter inserts would be sufficient, or if I should get something custom. So far, I don't really experience any pain with it, but I figure I may as well treat it before it does become a problem. I've been reading up on it and read that it can be genetic. I think my dad may have flat feet, but I'm not sure. Anybody know what could cause this? I also read it's from tight ligaments such as the posterior tibial ligament. Not sure if that is the cause for me, but I do know that my hamstrings are very unflexible, maybe the other muslces/ligaments are as well.

On another note, I also read that fallen arches can inhibit dors***exion of the foot. Could this cause for underdeveloped calves? A trainer I work with said one of his calves is smaller than the other because of this (one foot is flatte than the other). I can't do shit for my calves, so I guess I'm hoping this might help, even if just a little.

Any info/experience on this is appreciated.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I am flat footed also and chicken legged which makes it double trouble when it comes to foot problems, all chiro's and modern doctors who work on these issues have come to an agreement that all back problems/leg problems can originate from the feet if there are problems there.
    I worked with a good doctor James Stoxen in the chicago area and he went out with me and picked running shoes for me that had very very hard side walls and he forced me to lace them up all the way tight always, you should never be able to kick your shoes off because that means they are too loose. You should always have to untie them in order to take them off, they need to be put on tight. The harder side walls stop my feet from tilting side to side while running or exercising.

Then i got a custom leather insole made by a company called foot-levelers, you can use it on any shoe and its comfortable and lasts for years. If you fix these foot problems you will notice your chiro adjustments last alot longer and you will be better off.

Costs a little though.

Aisiacs gel kayano shoes have very very hard side walls on the shoes.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Thanks man, I'll def look into that. I usually never lace my shoes up either which I have began doing. The funny thing is, I can always tell people who have pronated feet when they stand, and becasue there shoes begin to do that, but with mine I don't really notcie it. I plan on getting inserts at the least.

akshayv is offline New Member
    My son loved the boots and for his birthday really hoped he would get the hiking shoes for summer. He works where he is on cement floors all day and was having problems with his ankles and feet. orthofeet solved the problem. He thinks they are the best shoes he's ever worn. Definitely worth the money.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Arch collapses because of foot muscles and tendons getting weak. This is a modern day problem caused by extra cushioned shoes.

Very easy to solve, incorporate barefoot running into your training. Start very small distances in the beggining, but increase it with time.

Thread Information