midnight777 is offline Associate Member

shoulder pain on the flat bench and incline

I have been getting a sharp pain in my shoulder when I use the flat bench and incline with the bar, This does not bother me when using dumbells. It seems when I get to my max using the bar that is when it happens up into that point it feels ok.... I feel the pain in my rotator cuff area. It puzzles me that I hardly feel anything using dumbells... any suggestions.... I have been trying to do more rotator cuff excerises...

SmittyTheOX is offline Member
    Ive had a few rotator cuff injuries before and benching was always difficult.

The only advise I could give is baby it for a while, dont push through any pain. If you can, see a osteopath to have them help you with a little rehab.

BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Try a wider grip. The more narrow the grip the more your shoulder wants to push out of the socket.

No close grips that's for sure.

Warm up for a long time, don't just jump in to lifting heavy.

I had major shoulder surgery, rotator cuff was torn to shreds along with other things and I find this to help

Royal MaKo Rumble is offline New Member
    Bro stop pushing NOW!!

i had teh problem u are having, and one day i was doing delt laterals across body when i heard a tear didn t hurt much but i cant even lift a tool bag anymore, cant do bench, cant do anything chest!! always clicking sound in the shoulder its fooked. all because i had teh niggle like u then one day it gave way, SEEK MEDICAL ATT. NOW!!!!!

Thread Information