Buck_J is offline New Member

Back injury and steroid recovery question

My research has told me that Deca may be the best thing to help for muscle regrowth and healing. I would obviously need roughly 2X the dosage of test and pct to counter act other possable side affects. Has anyone used deca or even just test to successfully heal a muscle injury?

Start off with history. While on a hack squat machine I was crushed when it did not lock into place. I was barely able to walk the next couple days. Doctors results said it was a pulled/strained muscle. Through rest the first week or so I was able to walk normally again and began doing stretches. After about a month my doc said to go to physical therapy. Working part time and being in college without health insurance, that wasnt really an option. The doctor informed me if physical therapy did not work I would be getting steroid shots in my back and at worst be seeing an orthopedic surgeon

Through gym and school acquaintances and my own knowledge I made my own physical therapy regime. I followed it for several months and my back pain was alleviated tremendously. It has not gone away completely and I cannot train as I could before. Any advice will be appreciated and helpful. Thanks

CrazyHorse89 is offline Junior Member
    I have a ruptured L4/5 and was done using a Hack Squat Machine, you might need to check to see if you didn't rupture your Disk in ur spine, if you didn't then you will be fine, time will heal. But I can tell you from now own, I will never touch squats again, i always wear a belt, and for my legs i do Legg Presses. Decca is not really what I would suggest, Decca is good for joints, and lean muscle, but if you want a really good go with low dosages of HGH maybe 4/5iu day would really heal you up quick. I have been taking HGH since my surgury and now have almost full mobility, but remember to Stretch and work on your core IE:stomach

Peace

Buck_J is offline New Member
    I had slight pain in the same spot before I pulled/strained it, which is what led my doctor to believe it was muscle related. The spot where my injury is feels slightly swollen. You can feel the difference on one side of my back as appossed to the other. Is there a way I would know if its a disc rupture? What did your pain feel like and where was it located?

I will try and get a picture to show exactly where my injury is.
    Last edited by Buck_J; 11-23-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: I left out an important part of my response

CrazyHorse89 is offline Junior Member
    hmmmm

Your injury sounds muscle related, TRUST me if it was your disk you would be in some Serious Pain, IE your Siatic nerve gets pinched from a bulged disk, and you can hardly stand to walk, your feet will hurt as well as your left leg usually.

Sounds like you have a pulled muscle somewhere in your lower back, if there is a knot, sounds like a herniated muscle, can't really fix those without surgury, but you can definelty live a normal life with it. If you must lift weights WEAR a BELT, at all TIMES.

When you get on your feet with a Job/Medical insurance, you might want to get it removed, its really a no biggie, just a day procedure.

Peace

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like muscle strain. I too have a hernitated L4 and L5 disks. Hurts like a muther and you get pains going down your legs and buttocks. If that's not happening...then you are experiecing muscle spasms. Keep stretching. Try Yoga!

I blew the disks in the L4/L5 positions. And let me tell you the pain is crippling. Like smithjp1 said, you'll get intense pain with numbness (in different areas) from your hips to your toes. I'm sorry you dodn't have insurance. Thats the exact reason it took me so long to get my diagnosis. I finally got the surgery and am healing better than I expected. Growth is supposed to be the best for recovery, as stated above. But Growth won't do what you would hope for if you don't follow responsible healing regiments. It sounds like your on the right path with seeking advice for therapy and being inventive with the rehab plan. As to whether or not its a disc or muscular, only an mri can tell ya. Hope things get better for you. Back pain is the worst!

Thread Information