Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member

Patellar tendonitis? treatment?

Well Im pretty sure I have developed tendonitis in my knees. The tendons ache and hurt even when I bend down to pick something up. I can still work legs REAL hard with proper warm up. As I warm up the pain kinda goes away until I get to the super heavy weights. I am gonna go through and read all the stickies. I just thought I would throw this out there for some comments. I have cut the weight way back and went with real high reps of 20 for a lil while. Im considering moist heat therapy at 20 minutes at a time and possibly magnet therapy. goin to bed, check back in tomorrow. Any thoughts appreciated.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would try some IGF for sure and if you can afford it...try IGF with HGH

Well, Im on gh now. wouldnt that do the same thing as igf? I was thinkin about maybe using the moist heat and magnets and a humalog injection about 4 hours after a gh injection when my igf levels would be highest. What do you think abut this idea? I guess with the igf I could get a more localized effect. Correct?

kwozza is offline Junior Member
    If it is tendonitis, you don't want heat, you want ice, anti inflammatories and rest

Quote Originally Posted by kwozza View Post
    If it is tendonitis, you don't want heat, you want ice, anti inflammatories and rest
    Ya, im still trying to decide rather it is tendonitis or tendonosis. I guess my theory on the heat was to draw more blood/igf to the tendon to promote faster healing as I am beginning to think it is tendonosis instead of tendonitis.

BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Don't bother with IGF.

Try avoiding the exercises that flare it up. I have the same problems, running & squatting flare mine up.

Tendonosis is ongoing Tendonitis btw.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_TRUCK View Post
    Don't bother with IGF.

Try avoiding the exercises that flare it up. I have the same problems, running & squatting flare mine up.

Tendonosis is ongoing Tendonitis btw.
    All exercises involving my quads make it hurt. Isnt tedonosis degeneration of the tendon where tendonitis is a just inflamation?

tallguy23 is offline Junior Member
    Try buying those straps for it. I wear them to play basketball and they work wonders.

I went to an orthopedic surgeon and he says he thinks its the cartilage on the underside of the knee cap. Im not buyin it. Its the tendon. I can feel where it hurts and its not under the kneecap. he suggested I go to physical therapy, but I dont think Im gonna do that. I think it is gettin better SLOWLY. just kinda depressing having to skip legs for so long.

Ok, the depression from missing legs got too great and I went to the Pyhsical therapist. He agreed with the doctor that the problem is under the kneecap. I agree with them now. Seems that what is happening is when I flex the quads it pulls the patella down. I have irritated the cartilage below the patella due to excessive compression on the patella during leg exercises. Only thing to do for it is Anti inflamatories, ice, and (cant think of the word for the machine the P.T. uses for deep heating). Of course I am gonna assume that 2 iu / D 5 on 2 off wont hurt either.

Thread Information