NaturalNoobie is offline New Member

How long should I wait to go to ER, (broken hand?)

I got in a fight on Friday night, my entire hand is really swollen and has been since Friday. My knuckles hurt if I touch them, however the pain has been getting better the last couple days.

Should I wait to see if it gets better or go to the ER and get Xrays immediately.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Do you have insurance? If so go.

MalibuD is offline Associate Member
    If you Broke it pretty bad and it starts healing wrong and you go to the doctor down the road because of problems, They will have to rebrake it to fix it so you might as well just go and get it over with.

xXthehulkXx is offline Associate Member
    i have broken 4 fingers in my left hand, 3 of those fingers went unatended for a long time. now my fingers wont close right and my grip is not what it used to be. they are also kinda crooked and hurt when it gets cold. when i break another bone or think i broke it i will not hesitate to go to doctor even if i don't have insurance. my advise is go and not regret it later.

binder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalibuD View Post
    If you Broke it pretty bad and it starts healing wrong and you go to the doctor down the road because of problems, They will have to rebrake it to fix it so you might as well just go and get it over with.
    Exactly!

hands are not something you want to mess with. if it heals wrong you could be disabled for life.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Just long enough for the inital swelling to go down. This will allow them to put a cast on. Trust me, I broke my hand in a fight about 8 years ago. It still bothers me becouse i didnt want to wear my cast like a ****ing moron.

Get a cast, fallow it through to the end and then rehab it right.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Go now, I was a pretty decent QB growing up. Broke my right hand in a stupid fist fight and never saw a Dr. It healed wrong. Long story short I could no long throw a football. I have rebroke it twice now because I didnt get it looked at. I will eventually need surgery. Were as if I had just went I would never have had any of these problems.

I have had simple boxers fractures that have caused pretty severe swelling that healed just fine but, I have had my pinky finger broken and didn't do the necessary rehab and now its considerably weeker, with numbness. I would go to the doc and get the cast. If your hands that bad just imagine how bad dudes face is today...line em up, sit em down! LOL

johnCash is offline Associate Member
    definately go to the doc, they will do the best thing possible for it atleast. theres not much they can do tho for some broken bones in your hand. they'll cast your hand but not fingers. i broke a finger once and they just used a splint and its crooked still today but i can still use it completely

Iblackhat is offline New Member

Unhappy I hope you gone to the ER.

I had popped my wrist out of socket and fractured my arm and, I immediately got someone to call for an ambulance. I had surgery a week later and my wrist may never been the same after the breakage. This is a recent injury. There is a member that said if you wait that later on you will have to get your hand rebroke and that is true.

I had an old breakage from falling down the stairs and put it off and as a year past by the pain kept getting worse and more weakness in the wrist and hand. I had to have it rebroke and had to have surgery and that bone in the wrist is never the same before the fall. If I had to do it all over again then, I would had gotten it done and over with right away.

Pain Sucks.
    Last edited by Iblackhat; 10-02-2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    A couple of guys have said this correct already, go soon because if the catch it in time they can manipulate it correctly,if it even needs it, before it starts calcifying. So go now,and stop hitting shit!

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    i hope he has already gone,that was Dec 08.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j4ever41 View Post
    i hope he has already gone,that was Dec 08.
    HAHA i didnt even notice welp lets hope so!!

Thread Information