DallasLift is offline Junior Member

Hernia Repair - Ready to go???

I’m about to get back in the gym after recovering from a hernia operation six weeks ago. Dr. gave me the green light to hit the gym and resume my normal program but advised me to go slow and list to my body. What should I expect when I start squatting and doing deadlifts? Will I feel pain from the incision and is the normal? I want to know the difference between normal issues from the scar tissue vs. warning signs of going too hard. I received all my gear today so I can start my first cycle. I am ready to begin but would like to wait until my body is 100%.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Certainly give it some time before you begin any cycle. What specific kind of surgery did you have? It takes time to build back your core (or at least it did for me). Go slow and listen to your body like your doc said. Imho you should train another couple months before using any gear. Keep us updated DL

It is going to be very hard to wait a couple months. I was hopine to use next week to get back into shape and start the cycle the following week. I will see how my body responds.

traditional repair w/ incision and mesh patch. My Doc was not a big fan of laparoscopic repair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasLift View Post
    It is going to be very hard to wait a couple months. I was hopine to use next week to get back into shape and start the cycle the following week. I will see how my body responds.

traditional repair w/ incision and mesh patch. My Doc was not a big fan of laparoscopic repair
    Not going to lie, I understand your position and my advice is more "do as I say, not as I do." For what it is worth though, I have a mesh patch from about 8 yrs ago and it effects my workouts to this day. You cant make all the mistakes yourself. It is great to learn from the mistakes of others and with platforms such as these forums...what an amazing means of info sharing If it were me and I were in your shoes I would give it more time. Regardless your training regime, you are throwing a lot of caution to the wind (imho). Best of luck however. I am sure you will listen to your body and be alright. Just sharing my sincere pov buddy

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I'm going to hit the gym tomorrow morning and try some light weight squats and deadlifts using 135lbs. I want to see how the motion feels before i make a decision about when to hit it hard and start the gear. I will give you an update tomorrow. Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasLift View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I'm going to hit the gym tomorrow morning and try some light weight squats and deadlifts using 135lbs. I want to see how the motion feels before i make a decision about when to hit it hard and start the gear. I will give you an update tomorrow. Thanks again.
    also hope my .02 wasnt definitive and more share their take with you

Just got back from the gym and happy to say things went fine. I kept the weights light with the squat at 135, bench at 185 and military at 95. I did a 5x5 program. I also did a few sets of 45 degree hypers. I will continue this program but increase the weights a little each workout. If the next 4-5 workouts go OK, I will probably start with the gear. I'm 40 years old and this will be my first cycle. I will keep this thread updated.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    How did you injure yourself?

Good luck on cycle and training

I had the hernia since high school but it kept getting worse each year. My doc told me during my last physical that it was time to get it repaired.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Good Luck!!

Have a friend that had a hernia operation as a child and still suffers from pain and weakness. I'd wait as long as you can before you run your cycle to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary but you can't wait forever, can you??

So what are you going to run?? Keep us posted please.

I'm going to run test e 350mg for 12 weeks

Thread Information