RewardingLabor is offline Associate Member

Trying to piece together what I need to do to solve a series of problems

When I run (and I'm talking a conservative slow run here) within five minutes a few things will begin to happen.

1. My hip flexors will become extremely aggravated and stiff, will stiffen up further and further as the running continues, and will then be difficult to turn off.

2. The bottoms of my feet will begin to hurt and stiffen up from my big toe to heel.

3. my left knee will begin to become weak. Not so much painful, just extremely weak. this is felt just below the knee in the front.

4. My steps will start to become erratic, falling off to one side or the other. My feet will pronate and my knee will often bend inwards.

Also I have heard it said that good runners heads will not sway during running. Obviously mine does. I'm guessing this has something to do with their hips not moving and being more stable?

I'm going to focus on my hip rotators (I really don't want to sit on those girly machines ) and my calves and hamstrings strength to hopefully stabilize myself better. Any other suggestions?

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Obviously you want to STOP RUNNING.

• Have you had an MRI of your back done recently?
    • Any pinched nerve feelings or numbness in the feet, glutes or hams?
    • Bone spur in Foot?
    • Bone spur in the spine?

....those come to mind at the present.

What you are describing does not sound good. Get an MRI. You don't want to **** around with nerve damage...and Stop Running Immediately.
    IMHO
    Last edited by tcw; 01-09-2015 at 03:42 PM.

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw
    Obviously you want to STOP RUNNING.[*]Have you had an MRI of your back done recently?[*]Any pinched nerve feelings or numbness in the feet, glutes or hams?[*]Bone spur in Foot?[*]Bone spur in the spine? ....those come to mind at the present. What you are describing does not sound good. Get an MRI. You don't want to **** around with nerve damage...and Stop Running Immediately. IMHO
    X2 you need to be examined by a medical doctor. Advice given on this topic would just as likely hurt you further as it would be to help. This dosent sound like a simple training injury or even an overuse injury. It sounds pretty serious IMO.

Thread Information