Bodacious is offline Productive Member

Deadlifting and back POPPed...

Well the title say it all. It was some of the worse pain I have ever felt. Been deadlifting for years don't know if it was just a freak accident or if I got loose on my form. Don't guess that really matter now since it's already done.

Went to the doc he said x ray wouldn't help us th at he is sure the spin and thr bones are ok. He said an MRI is what the need I have to wait 8 to 10 days and see if it gets any better first. He is think a disk popped out. He said he is pretty sure. Told me to take it easy for awhile no lifting for 8 to 10 days. Once I start back very very light.

Anyone have this before if so what can I do to help out. Thanks a lot.

BB King is offline New Member
    Back popped in college doing bent over rows. Turns out I herniated two discs. Was painful for years but through proper exercise and PT, my herniated discs greatly improved.

Get the MRI and definitely take a break from lifting till you know the full extent of the injury. At that point, you'll know how to safely proceed.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Yea just resting up for thr past few days. The doc is thinking I might have slipped a disk. It has gotten a lot better last 2 days haven't done nothing. Today I stretch very lightly. Just been icing it a lot. If it's not better this time next week we are going to do the mri.

Thanks for the help.

BB King is offline New Member
    Here to help. Best of luck Bodacious.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Rest it man. This is something you shouldn't rush. Take it slow and get the MRI. There's a whole protocol that's followed before surgery is even mentioned.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    Yea just resting up for thr past few days. The doc is thinking I might have slipped a disk. It has gotten a lot better last 2 days haven't done nothing. Today I stretch very lightly. Just been icing it a lot. If it's not better this time next week we are going to do the mri.

Thanks for the help.
    Keep the icing up. 20-30 minutes ice then 20-30 minutes no ice and repeat at least 3x in a row and do it at least 3x a day.

MRI is good. If it's actually slipped find a GOOD chiropractor to help get it back in place. It wont go back on its own even if it feels better after a while.

Hopefully you did not herniate it or worse rupture. I'm guessing it's not ruptured because it would not be getting better. I ruptured my L5/S1 (lowest disks) and after 2 weeks it fest 0% better. I could not stand more than 30 seconds without passing out in pain, literally. I could not even sit for 30 seconds at a time so that made some daily needs very difficult as you can imagine.

I'm by no means unfamiliar with pain. I herniated L3 & L4 and lived with it for 25 years until I could not walk or stand more than 10 minutes at a time and went in for surgery. Wow that was a god send and felt 99.5% better until 2 years later when I did the L5/S1. After that surgery I was 85% better or a little more.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Rest it and get the mri to see if it is herniated or not. Forget about deadlifts, that is a shorter mans game, us tall guys aren't built for it. Once it starts to feel better try some planking along with your stretching, it has helped my back tremendously. I herniated L4/L5 and L5/S1, ended up having surgery but not before have a shit load of nerve damage caused by the bulging disks in the nerve canals. Hope it gets better quick for you, back pain sucks.

Thread Information