Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Coma
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat

Thread: Odd Shoulder Injury

Coma is offline New Member

Odd Shoulder Injury

In case anyone on here is a SCUBA Diver as well, I recently bounced back from an injury that I thought started in the gym. Unfortunately, the injury actually started in the water. After taking a diving vacation, I came back to the real world and decided to go back to lifting and working out. My shoulder was very sore the next day, but I assumed that since I had been out for a week, it was just normal acid build up. However, I was unable to lift any significant amount of weight for three weeks without the feeling of being stabbed. The x-ray and MRI revealed nothing. Fast forward two months and I came to the conclusion that I had been bent. This is when a gas bubble forms in your body and can land anywhere is chooses. For me, it was my shoulder. After diving a few more times with a high oxygen, the pain immediately went away.

All of this to remind myself, and anyone else who cares, that an injury may manifest itself in the gym; but may not have started there. Just thought I would share.
    BB King likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Actually the gas bubbles typically show in shoulder. When I had surgery thru belly button and was pumped with air, doctor said I could get this shoulder pain u speak of. It's a good reminder!
    Coma likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm a certified diver but dont dive frequently. That is good to know. I never heard of it. I wish that would have been my issue but it was from years of abuse and lifting to heavy before I was ready and had multiple tears, spurs, arthritis and more.

Thanks for the note.

Coma is offline New Member
    Sorry to get back so late. I have just gotten back into town. If you ever do return to the diving world, remember that you should relax after a dive prior to getting out and letting the weight of the gear hit your body (out of the water, not floating). The sudden change in stress apparently does bad things, especially if you have a lot of fat. That shouldn't be a problem though

Thread Information