damien4191 is offline New Member

Neck pain when I do shoulders

Hello everyone. Years ago I had surgery on my collar bone. And although I did rehab the injury my left shoulder was never the same and it was always weaker then the right. After injuring my neck a few years later my Physical therapist told me that the neck injury was likely due to collar bone injury. So for about 5 years now I get pains in my neck, but only when I'm working out shoulders and usually it's when I do lateral raises or front raises. I've done free weights, machines, one arm at a time, etc... My neck just gets really tight on me while I'm performing the exercise. About once or twice a year while working out shoulders I get neck spasms and have to miss a week or two from the gym. Anyone have a similar injury or advice?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You probably have some scar tissue from the previous injuries. If possible roll the area on a lacrosse ball. The wall works great for shoulders and a lacrosse ball. It'll take some time but you should be able to break up some of the scar tissue and you'll get some relief. You'll do better if you can find some movements that don't hurt when working shoulders.

Thread Information