vic1778 is offline Junior Member

Torn Labrum, Torn Rotator Cuff and Bone spurs. MRI results :) 'Help"

Mri results show, Torn Rotator Cuff, Torn Labrum and bone spurs in my right shoulder. It's been a real challenge to workout (Pain) within the last couple of years. I am scheduling my shoulder surgery. I can't hold it off any longer. I've done two bodybuilding shows with this injury. I qualified to do the Masters Nationals in Pittsburgh in September. Unfortunately I have to drop out.
    What's the recovery time? Any suggestions on speeding up the healing process? Can you all give me some feed back?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vic1778 View Post
    Mri results show, Torn Rotator Cuff, Torn Labrum and bone spurs in my right shoulder. It's been a real challenge to workout (Pain) within the last couple of years. I am scheduling my shoulder surgery. I can't hold it off any longer. I've done two bodybuilding shows with this injury. I qualified to do the Masters Nationals in Pittsburgh in September. Unfortunately I have to drop out.
    What's the recovery time? Any suggestions on speeding up the healing process? Can you all give me some feed back?
    A long time... When it's structural like a labrum tear(they won't know everything until they open you up) I've had 3 reconstructive labral repairs(along w/both RC torn) I now need a total reverse joint replacement... If you've not tried PT if strongly urge you to b4 committing to a surgery(I had the Phillies/Flyers Ortho do my work- as I had ashot for a baseball career - that went straight down when my shoulder did) a labrum tear is a baseball players worst nightmare(if you throw w/that arm) also I've lost over 50% of my ROM -

Just an FYI if this is your only option left(and I know about daily pain - it's chronic ed) - your best option is going to be who does it(find the most qualified Dr(Ortho in the country) it's well worth it... It all comes down to alignment and that's the key - PT your ass off that's where I feel I could've done much better!

Best of luck!

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Recovery time will depend on a lot of factors, but 6-8 months is a reasonable timeline for a full recovery. It may take a bit longer to get your full ROM back though. You'll really have to be diligent with your PT for things to go well. As NACH3 stated, it's really important to have a top notch surgeon and physical therapist.

vic1778 is offline Junior Member
    I appreciate it guys, thanks

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Like the guys said. Doctor is key. Physical therapy is key both in and out of the sessions. TB 500 will help too.

It takes time. 8 months. At least. There's just some things you can't rush and this recovery is one of them.

Good luck!

MisterRogers is offline Junior Member
    Tb500 was amazing for me! I had a torn labrum only repaired about 3 months ago I have full rom back already and I'm doing light weights in the gym as we speak

Thread Information