ProStatus is offline Junior Member

Sticky about injury prevention??

There should be a sticky here or in the workout section detailing ways to prevent injury.
    I posted in the workout section asking for advice on how to stay injury free while ON.
    Could I get some responses in this thread, or the one I made here?

Tips on how to avoid injury on cycle. Seasoned vets, please respond. :)

Thanks for your help. Not trying to snap mah shyt up.

makingwaves is offline New Member
    After the typical ego based strength workouts and lots of minor injuries and torn pec/delt, I started training. The mentality of training is best injury prevention. Training has goals and you can't be successful if you get hurt. Secondly, train at 70 to 100% of 6 rep max. This keeps you inside your limits and making progress. Resist the ego when it says go for it. As you age and when ON your connective tissues just don't keep pace plus your ego gets a little more persuasive.

ProStatus is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by makingwaves View Post
    After the typical ego based strength workouts and lots of minor injuries and torn pec/delt, I started training. The mentality of training is best injury prevention. Training has goals and you can't be successful if you get hurt. Secondly, train at 70 to 100% of 6 rep max. This keeps you inside your limits and making progress. Resist the ego when it says go for it. As you age and when ON your connective tissues just don't keep pace plus your ego gets a little more persuasive.
    Thank you. Always nice hearing from somebody with hindsight.
    I've heard all sorts of injury stories while people are on, and I'd rather not be apart of that statistic.
    Eventually, I'm sure it's inevitable....but that would seriously mess up my goals.

Thread Information