roger32 is offline New Member

New member question of lower back

My lower back gets tired quickly at work, I work construction. Whenever I'm doing a lot of bending and moving around my lower back starts to feel uncomfortable. But at the gym it feels fine and no problems. Any reason that's happening?

haggendaz is offline New Member
    How old are you, what do you weight, what is your height? How long have you been doing construction? How does the back feel uncomfortable? Is it painful? Could be a weak low back that fatigues after awhile or something as simple as tight hamstrings that need to be stretched everyday.
    Last edited by haggendaz; 08-07-2015 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haggendaz
    How old are you, what do you weight, what is your height? How long have you been doing construction? How does the back feel uncomfortable? Is it painful? Could be a weak low back that fatigues after awhile or something as simple as tight hamstrings that need to be stretched everyday.
    I'm 23, I weight 185 and my height is 5'8
    4 years of construction.

Is not painful but uncomfortable. I think it fatigues and it does feel tight. Like doing bending, picking up stuff and just moving around I'll start to feel uncomfortable.

haggendaz is offline New Member
    There are a few things you can try, but not all at once. First think about getting a good pair of orthotics (not the kind you buy at Wal-Mart ) but a solid pair that are custom fit. Second get a lacrosse ball and google myofascial release on glutes, hamstrings, and even feet. Google the Piriformis stretch. And be sure to stretch the hamstrings, groin, and calfs.
    Just remember I am not a doctor. I have experienced similar symptoms and this is what has worked for me. Can also think about seeing chiropractor to get adjusted and active release done. But that can get pricey and hard to find a really good one.
    Hope you get feeling better....

Quote Originally Posted by haggendaz
    There are a few things you can try, but not all at once. First think about getting a good pair of orthotics (not the kind you buy at Wal-Mart ) but a solid pair that are custom fit. Second get a lacrosse ball and google myofascial release on glutes, hamstrings, and even feet. Google the Piriformis stretch. And be sure to stretch the hamstrings, groin, and calfs. Just remember I am not a doctor. I have experienced similar symptoms and this is what has worked for me. Can also think about seeing chiropractor to get adjusted and active release done. But that can get pricey and hard to find a really good one. Hope you get feeling better....
    thank you, you where very helpful

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    haggendaz gave some pretty solid advice. roger32 do some homework on lower crossed syndrome and see how well that fits you.

Lower crossed syndrome - Physiopedia, universal access to physiotherapy knowledge.

Thread Information