Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Strongblood

Thread: New exercise regimon after lower back treatment.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member

New exercise regimon after lower back treatment.

Hey guys, I recently asked for some pointers regarding what exercises my wife could do to help her severely painful lower back.(bulging discs between S1,L4,L5)
    Well, she saw a doctor 5 days ago that treated her with 3 injections; Decatron, Toridol, and Kentalog.(excuse my spelling)
    and has been doing really well since those three injections. We do not want to do anything that might aggravate her lower back and she hasn't engaged in any kind of physical exercise in the last 5 days since her treatment.
    Our question is, when do you guys think would be a good time to start back exercising? And what kind of exercises would you recommend her doing in the very beginning?
    She's really wants to get back in the gym, but with the kind of pain she's been in. She will do whatever needs to be done in order to keep from going back to where she was. Even if it means more layoff from the gym, or coming back taking baby steps. Thanks in advance for any info!

Proximal is offline Banned
    Strongly recommend a physical therapist, particularly one that is well versed in sports medicine. Let them start with specific stretching & strengthening of the injured site and then progress your wife to more gym related exercises. Don't recommend you do this alone.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal
    Strongly recommend a physical therapist, particularly one that is well versed in sports medicine. Let them start with specific stretching & strengthening of the injured site and then progress your wife to more gym related exercises. Don't recommend you do this alone.
    Yes I agree. She has been to a Orthopedic surgeon that gave her a series of steroid injections and he referred her to a physical therapist. We know the pt really well, so he told us to come in once and he would tell us everything she needed to do. Which was nice, but like you said, she needs one that is well versed in sports medicine and exercise therapy in order to overcome this with pt. Thank you so much Prox!
    Proximal likes this.

Thread Information