Josh577 is offline Associate Member

Injured or just sore

I was at the gym two days ago doing my bieceps, I was feeling some pain in my elbow, left elbow. It started as a sharp pain win I was doing cable curls with the rope, I finished up with Zotmen curls which I've just started doing. I woke up this morning with my arms elevated on a 45 degree angel all on there Own! I can't straighten my left arm out today with out exstrem pain, my right arm isnt as bad. It hurts at the bottum of my biecep towards my elbow and in to my elbow like I've torn somthing maybe. I've never been this sore ever! I did hit my bieceps hard, added the zotmen curls. I can't tell if Im smoked an sore or if I have injured my self? I saw what some other guys said in other post abt having pain after there cycle and I'm 3 months out, is this pain normal? Should I just ice this for a few days

Proximal is offline Banned
    I'd say ice & rest. Could be muscle or tendon soreness or more serious injury - or a combination of any of those, hard to tell now. Stay away from heat for 2-3 days and for me personally, I've always done well with NSAIDs such as Advil. I know many on the forum stay away for their own reasons, I've used it my whole life (57 now) and have never had issues.

How about ibuprofen 800? I have those on hand

Again, for me personally, I go lower, to see if less will give me the relief I need. So for instance, I'll take (2)200 mg Advil. The only time I went the 800 mg. route was when my hips were severely degenerated and I was awaiting surgery& using a cane. Plus, some folks just don't tolerate NSAIDS (like ibuprofen) well.

I should mention, if you have bruising or swelling in the area (indicative of a more serious injury) then I'd hold off, the NSAIDS will worsen that.

I regret to say I took the 800 mg of Ibuprofen befor I read your post. I should have waited cause I have swelling, no bruising but swelling on my left arm. I guess at the upper outside of my forearm starting into my lower middle bicep. Know what?

It just could increase the swelling a bit, nothing else, wouldn't worry. Just keep icing & resting. if the meds didn't bother or increase the swelling much then return to them, but again, I'd like to start lower.

Thank you

Josh, I am a physical therapist, but semi- retired. I've always leaned towards being cautious and conservative. If you have the medical insurance, get yourself to an ortho ASAP if it is not resolving. Me, myself, I always like to know exactly what I am dealing with regarding an injury, so a minor one does't turn into something worse.

Its not as swollen today and it's not as sore. The ice and rest seems to be working.. lol maybe I just got in a killer work out that day, Zotmen curls kicked my ass maybe

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh577 View Post
    Its not as swollen today and it's not as sore. The ice and rest seems to be working.. lol maybe I just got in a killer work out that day, Zotmen curls kicked my ass maybe
    Sometimes rest is all that's needed to recovery from a strain or injury. If a particular exercise causes you problems you may want to remove that from your routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh577 View Post

Very happy, have a good one!

Thread Information