robb_theyoungwolf is offline New Member

right shoulder/neck pain

whats up guys?

over the past 8-9 months or so I have been having trouble with my right shoulder. It doesnt hurt so bad where it completely prevents me from hitting the gym but normal bench press is basically a complete no go as well as most presses. I can do moderate weight on dumbbell bench without terrible pain but still bothers me.

the pain as far as touching on my shoulder is in the back of my shoulder/my upper back. there is a dollar sized spot that is extremely sensitive to any pressure and causes extreme pain. As far as just sitting here or when working out the pain is more in my shoulder on the back outer side.

I have this constant urge to kind of roll my shoulder with my arm extended pressing across my body to "pop" my shoulder, it kinda feels like bone or bone grinding in there or something when doing this. It is like a uncontrollable movement, i do it probably hundreds of times a day. the thing is the pain runs up the right side of my neck. my neck is constantly super tight on that side so along with the shoulder popping im constanting trying to pop that side of my neck. so much so that almost everyone who isnt use to being around me comments me on it and asks wtf i am doing.

along with presses the other lifts that probably cause the most pain are rear delt exercises. then besides that just random exercises that have nothing to do with the shoulders will cause it to hurt pretty badly such as when i finish heavy tricep rope pushdowns it will ache. I have tried to rest it multiple times and I feel like its getting better or is close to 100% but then within 1-2 weeks of back to lifting it is right back to where it was. Ive been putting off seeing an ortho but ive had about all i can take so going to try and make an appointment here in the next few days. Was just wondering if anyone has experienced something similar to this and could shed some light on what the possible problem may be.

as far as how it happened I was some AC damage and a micro tear in my cuff in my left shoulder. I got a steroid shot and let that heal and it was feeling better, when i got back into lifting slowing but surely this right shoulder problem starting happening and then has only gotten worse. it was never like on a certain rep i heard it pop and thats when i hurt it.

-robb

forgot to mention it really hurts and is super weak when throwing something like a football or baseball. playing sports growing up i always had a pretty strong arm but now probably cant throw a football 15 yards without it hurting

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like a rotator cuff injury. Go see your ortho and get an MRI. You may have a torn labrum also. Since it's not better in the amount of time you mentioned you need to see a doctor. Shoulders always take a while to heal but you need to find out what your facing. Best of luck man.

thank for the reply 600. ive been putting it off for too long now, Ill get an appointment scheduled today.

Thread Information