• 4 Post By tarmyg
  • 2 Post By KINGKONG
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 2 Post By tarmyg

Thread: Bulletproof Shoulders

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Bulletproof Shoulders

I have had this scheduled in my workout for almost 6-months now, about once per week, and I think it really is making a difference. Figured I would share the protocol here as someone might benefit from it.

Coaches Ben and Mel go through the "Bulletproof Shoulders" routine to help with any kind of shoulder mobility, stability, and rehab. The sound quality sucks for the first minute or so. Get over it.
    KINGKONG, songdog, Obs and 1 others like this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks man!there is never too many shoulder warm up/rehab injury prevention protocols ime the most often damaged area of a bodybuilder body..I do a combination of things a full rotator cuff warm up and I use light weights and do front side and lateral raises untill I think I've got the blood flowing in all the tissue and I do a lot of broom stick dislocations..it's my worst fear not to be able to lift hard and watching my father go through extensive rotator cuff surgery that put him outta the gym and work for 8 monthes just heightens my fears..
    NACH3 and hollowedzeus like this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    The push-ups plus they showed is one of the best ones for shoulder stability. I’ve been doing those since my baseball injury. The other reverse of that is to do retractions on the lat or lower pulley and do exactly the reverse basically.
    KINGKONG and NACH3 like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    The hilariousness in posting this to only hurt my rotator cuff. No way in hell to do overhead squats right now. Fuck me!!!
    NACH3 and songdog like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    The hilariousness in posting this to only hurt my rotator cuff. No way in hell to do overhead squats right now. Fuck me!!!
    They're hard as fuck if one doesn't have the Dorsi or planter flexion and obviously shoulder stability(ROM) externally rotating your shoulders and elbows out to stabilizing the lift/movement

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been doing rotator cuff exercises for several years now, they feel "bulletproof", but I recently pulled something in the top of my shoulder, goes down through my shoulder blade. Feels more like a creek in my neck. Been dealing with that for a couple months. Maybe these exercises will help target the areas I've been missing, thanks for posting

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    I've been doing rotator cuff exercises for several years now, they feel "bulletproof", but I recently pulled something in the top of my shoulder, goes down through my shoulder blade. Feels more like a creek in my neck. Been dealing with that for a couple months. Maybe these exercises will help target the areas I've been missing, thanks for posting
    I get this on the regular, I go and get my neck adjusted by my DO every 2-3 weeks.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Da-Yum! Who's the blonde? I'd pay to have her come to my house a couple of times a month just to slap me around.

All seriousness aside, I had a torn supraspinatus repaired early last year. And just yesterday I learned I have a Type 8 SLAP tear, so I'll be in a sling for Thanksgiving. So this is a very timely video. Mercy beer cups!

Hey, MuscleScience, got a link for those "push-ups plus"?

Thread Information