Big Al is offline Retired Moderator

Yoda's Leaving - A Big Al Story

Hello,

The intention of Yoda’s Leaving is to air my thoughts on my cycle and post cycle recovery.

For those of you who haven’t read Yoda’s Stack, and Diary of A First Timer I’ll fill you in. Yoda’s Stack was my Post which listed every possible question I had related to my cycle, months of research had gone into these questions and I wanted to gain as much knowledge as I could. Read it if you haven’t it does raise a lot of questions and answers for the newbie. Mike and OJ contribute greatly which is ideal for the novice.

First Timer was about my feelings as I hit the first week of being chemically enhanced and boy what a week!

Some info:

Big Al
    217LBS
    bf 13%

Diet 4000kcal 40% Protein 50% Carbs 10% Fat.

Cycle
    1-8
    Deca 400mg
    Sus 500mg

1-4
    D-Bol 40mg ED
    Tapered last week

Injected Sunday’s and Wednesday’s 3cc each time (2cc Deca 1cc Sus). Use 21g 1.5 for glutes……….won’t do that again, far to big, stick with a 23-25g. For delts (which I loved) 23G 1.

I tapered the D-Bol, I wouldn’t do that again, and I would run the D-Bol longer, had to wait for the Sus/Deca to kick, and would switch to faster acting esters next time.

Generally Side effects were minimal, acne on shoulders, mild rash that with a topical application would dry up. Slight moods and testy moments but all in A OK. With the D-Bol I started taking the Milk Thistle at the same time, start it before and be safe a 1000mg, I found I had to up it to off-set slight liver pains…….gotta drink water!

In the gym I was strong and focused, out of the gym I was hungry appetite grew considerably. If your in a relationship your g/f friend/wife will not know what to make of your sexual appetite, they can be both offended (cos your not like that all the time) or think what the hell (lets enjoy whilst it lasts!).

Post Cycle

235LBS
    b/f 12/13%

Diet 5300Kcal 40% Protein 50% Carbs 10% Fat.

So where am I now:

Yoda’s Leaving

I’m gonna miss Sunday’s and Wednesdays, I clean the work tops in the kitchen, disinfect and lay my instruments in front of me, I love this ritual. It reminds me of a darker time, another place where I had done this before but with items that left me lost.

The syringe loaded for the 20th time I took the shot as I started in the glute, and now it was gone, no more not yet anyway. So where do you go from here, well the last injection yes but not the end surely, the deca and sus from this shot wouldn’t kick in for four weeks, this messes with you mind, when do I start clomid should I throw in Clen now, blah blah blah!

A week passed and I could notice things already, for the last ten weeks there had not been one work out which I hadn’t added more weight, I was stronger than ever and the form was text book. Now no weight increases it took mental energy to just stand still, to lift the weight I had done before was a challenge I would not slip not yet, I took the philosophy I will not be weak, I’ve earned this strength and it was going not now, not ever.

The philosopher is a wise man, if not a little stupid or maybe naïve is fairer!

The many meals, which I had consumed before, had made me bored all of a sudden, god I want something different something nice something edible, fuck tuna I say over and over again. This all an indication that I’m losing appetite, but I persist and force feed myself, I will not lose size, will maybe a little but you’re not having it all back I like not fitting my clothes and being the a big MOFO.

Rest I need more rest, I’ve decided to reduce sessions for a week or two double up some body parts, need some extra rest days. After the mental and physical concentration of ten weeks gear use I needed a rest!

So my normal

Mon Chest
    Tue Back
    Wed Rest
    Thur Legs
    Fri Shoulders
    Sat Arms
    Sun Rest

Becomes

Mon
    Tue Chest, Back
    Wed Rest
    Thur Legs
    Fri
    Sat Shoulders, Arms
    Sun Rest

This will help no doubt.

So we come to clomid, what a debate how to take this stuff. I’ve opted this time round for 300mg day 1, 100mg for ten day and 50mg for ten days. However, I could of gone for 300mg Day 1, 150mg 7 Days, 100mg 7 days, 50mg 7 days.

Personal preference I think, if you are thinking about post cycle then you are taking the right steps to keep your gains.

So with the Clomid comes clen, odd small 0.02mg tabs, but amazingly they are quite effective, feeling odd!

So post cycle Clomid and Clen 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, with some creatine thrown in the clen off period for good measure, if I had the money I get some HMB but I haven’t and unless you think this is good enough to warrant a tub I’ll go without!

So I’m on the road to the recovery, I can expect exceptional loads and the shakes, what I do for BB.

But how do I feel. Honestly, first off I was glad it was over, it is a mental and physical burden and time off is needed and mandatory. I was tired of shots and the gruelling workouts so it was right. But then comes the down the knowledge that the power and strength that had been part of you was fading, Yoda was leaving and now I feel normal again. I feel dejected and pissed and jealous of you guys still on still growing!

But then I remember me when I was 150LBS, and then I remember me at 224 (my heaviest natural weight) and think 3 months off and I will grow with gear again, but for now I will trained harder, eat better and grow naturally. I will not rely on gear, it can only be a few % in the equation. Mind over matter, I will grow today.

Prepare for your cycle but prepare for after mentally and physically.

It’s not just about the body and the text books, its about how it really affects you, your life and the ones closest to you.

Be Safe

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Well writen and well presented piece of work

A+

No seriously looks good bro!!

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Anyone who has ever done a real cycle and especially those who did not plan POST should read and learn. Thanks Big Al

ptbyjason Guest
    Good post Big Al.

If everyone wants to read the original Yoda's Stack and Diary of a First Timer, it is in my signature.

Longhorn is offline Associate Member
    Hooray.…the next chapter of Big Al’s Odyssey, a literary classic.

Seriously, I was following Yoda’s Stack when I was stumbling around planning my first cycle. Diary of a First Timer came out just as I was starting my cycle and now Yoda's Leaving just as I am finishing. All were truly informative and inspirational.

Looking forward to Volume II. Cheers

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Anyway of fixing this to the top for others to read,just re-read it and it kinda prepare you for the finish of your cycle.

Everyone offers advice on what to take how to take it and what to take post cycle but no-one really goes into what it feels like when its all finished.

Good piece BA

Morg is offline Junior Member
    BigAl,you are one of the best writers ive had the pleasure to read,i look forward to your updates ,so keep up the fine work,and again thanks for your original posts,they were more helpful than you may ever know,nice gains!BTW what do you have in mind for cycle #2?get huge,Morg

After reading this thread again...Big Al how ya doin?

Well DB good question.

Had some time off post cycle, which was good, also had a holiday and ate badly and basically enjoyed myself. I must admit I haven't really got back into training, though I had a week at Golds which was great.

I have leaned out with the clen presently on second week of final cycle, I will also start Creatine today. I have after much debate decided to go with L-Glutamine pre-work out and creatine post. I know this is different but apparently affective, Brian Bachelor recommended it to me when I spoke to him at the Olypmia, interestly enough conversations on AAS turned to the importance of protein, without protein and a good quality source, AAS are useless in any dose.

Considering the above I have lost very little weight post cycle, I peak at 238, post cycle I was about 230, I haven;t weighted myself since returning from hols, but at golds I was 227, so that will come back with adequate diet.

I start today, with a new training regime and will split my sessions between two gyms, I have tweaked my diet and still eat 5000Kcal plus. I am working on my next cycle which should be another mass cycle. I will not cycle until I hit 238 again, I assume/hope January.

Mood is good, postive, I needed a rest post cycle, AAS are very demanding physically and mentally. I still have elbow pain since the cycle and training triceps is a problem.

Still strong, surprised my self really, though I have increased strenght since completing the cycle.

Glad to be off Clomid, its a bastard! Taking Tribulas now to help things along, which seems to work, my balls are back!

I shall be posting my nexct cycle soon.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Always good to read one of your post Big Al

Thanks bro

GREAT READING...

...BUT GOT A QUEST ON YOUR WORK OUTS BIG AL....WHEN YOU DOUBLE UP ON YOUR WORK-OUTS (POST CYCLE) I KNOW THEY'RE GONNA BE INTENSE BUT ARE THE DOUBLE BODY PARTS GONNA BE TOO MUCH FOR YOUR BOD??I DO SEE THE DAYS OFF BUT HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU PLAN ON SPENDING IN THE GYM?? LOOKS LIKE RESTING ON WED-WITH LEGS ON THURS AND REST ON FRIDAY GIVES YOUR UPPER BOD PLENTY OF TIME...IS THAT YOUR THINKING ON THIS WORK OUT??JUST CURIOUS...

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    by the way did Yoda get shipped off with the military or something like that? thats what i remember

I'm back to my normal split now but for the period where I doubled up I changed tack, whilst "on" my main objective was weight, with these new sessions I didn't increase time in the gym I reduced weight, reduced rest, up-ed reps. Mentally this is what I needed, I couldn't go on any longer with the drain of striving to go heavy, I was sick of it at that stage, these work-out were intense, but they gave me a real mental rest, and the extra rest days helped alot. I see your point, but that wasn't a problem for me. I never spend longer than an hour in the gym.

This method helped me mentally and physically, since returning to my normal split I'm refreshed and focused, though weaker then whilst on the gap is very little, I have also put on 4LBS this week which always makes me

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    I keep coming back to this post you should have you own thread posting area for your stack advice and ideas excellent

berry is offline Associate Member

nice

nice post big al

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Great post Al, just getting bigger and bigger

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    great post...i still go back and read diary of a first timer and yoda's stack at least once a week...i think i'm gonna start telling newbies to read those posts when they sign on and ask questions that have already been answered...in fact, i'm gonna go read them again right now

Funny thing is I often read them too, its amazing how I've changed physically and mentally in such a short time, the learning curve is a steep one to start with but when you gain the knowledge and then combine it with real life experience things really fit into place.

At this point I'm heavier and getting stronger each workout, elbows are painful but I'm working round that very well. Improved my diet to helping me grow some more!

Thanks for the support, I'm blushing

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    in all seriousness, this board's whole personality is based in the threads in jason and your signatures. i was lucky enough to be apart of the old board and i've seen most, not all, but most of the growth and development of this board. it is those threads, combined certain important people that make this board what it is

Bang on Dane, when you look at other boards we are streaks ahead, the whole atmosphere is right, alot has changed since the old board we've come a long way, proud to be apart of it.

Continuing from previous writings:

The first half of the year is almost over, six months is a long time in Body-building………a life time for the body. Change is important to the Body-Builder, it is what separates us from the average person who trains, we progress, grow get stronger, they do not, the same weights the same routines the same body.

So change is important, monitoring change is slightly harder, the tape can be deceiving, the mirror can be flattering, and lets face it you see you self everyday, sometimes do you not see an image the mind has created? I know I do!

How have I combated this? Well I don’t tend to measure or weight myself half as much as I used to, I take someone I trust, someone with experience and knowledge to monitor my physique. This has helped me to be more realistic, and accept my weaknesses. This year my intention was to bring up my lagging body-parts, my Hamstrings, Calf’s and Side laterals, I have others but concentration on 2 –3 is achievable. This a method to try once you have gone beyond beginner status, as lets face it in the beginning the name of the game is to build.

Greater focus on those lagging body-parts has improved them, almost surprisingly. My mind has build a greater connection to those muscles, I feel a contraction in my hamstrings now that I had never achieved before, the pain is immense, but they grow, a body-part I thought would always be a weakness may eventually be a strength.

The point here is be aware if you are not already that in body-building your mind is your greatest asset, but it can also be your greatest liability. The mind can work with you or against you, lets be honest, when lifting sometime somewhere there is always a doubt, that’s not the problem its how you are able to focus and overcome such feelings.

There are some very informative posts on the mind, check them out. Or try picturing what your physique would look like if you made the improvements you desire. When I train a certain body-part my mind focuses on a stage and an audience, I’m hitting the pose, which best shows, that muscle group. That’s what I need to get me through the set, I know I want to compete, and I don’t want to lose.

Anabolics can harm the mind, they build dependency, a feeling of failure when off cycle, the weights drop the muscles deplete. Do not let the drugs control your feelings, time off is very healthy and a positive thing, it lets you be yourself again. Train hard, eat well and use the best OTC supplements you can find, change your routine, focusing on less weight but high intensity. The end of the cycle should not be a breakdown.

I think the clomid always makes me ramble, so I leave this here.

Peace

Joey2ness is offline Member

Thumbs up

great story big al
    im just wondering do you also have a hobby of owning fish
    http://www.bigalsonline.com/splash.html

holy shite, this was a long long time ago!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Any hope of an update Al?

I feel as though I've just awaken from a coma. What year is this?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbells101
    I feel as though I've just awaken from a coma. What year is this?
    ... Where've you guys been?

I realised a bunch of the oldschool members have been popping up recently

ha ha dumbells101, yeah where has the time gone.

I have written some other pieces, my first show a couple of year ago etc.

So much has changed since then, mentally and physically, my approach to bodybuilding, nutrition, training and gear has evolved and matured.

I am not sure I could begin...

one thing rings true consistancy is key in this game, is the unsung hero in those who are successful.

k_i_l_o_g7 is offline Junior Member
    Hey bro's i'm a rookie here
    where can i find that original doc that your all reccomending?

Thread Information