Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Teras is offline Junior Member

Oral only strength cycle update, 3 weeks

First of all I want to say I don't encourage anyone to do what I'm doing. It's pretty obvious than the conclusion of the slightest research would be that oral only is definitely NOT the way to go.
    However, here is an update on my "experiment" for those who were interested.

I'm 5'10 240lbs (~15%). My pre-cycle raw maxes were 500 squat, 400 bench, 550 deadlift. I had done 2 cycles in the past but it was 6-7 years ago, so most of my gains were achieved naturally.

Here is the cycle. Dbol 50mg + winny 50mg + nolva started at 10 and upped to 20mg.

Results after 3 weeks. Deadlift 5 reps @ 550lbs (5 clean reps, no touch and go). 550lbs was my 1RM 3 weeks ago... I counted the weight several times cause I couldn't quite believe it.

Last week, tripled my old Max effort 1RM lifts both for squat and bench.

Bodyweight was up 10lbs but I dropped around 3-4 since I added the nolva.

Next work-out I'm maxing out on the floor press for 2 reps.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    congrats bro hopefully youll be able to hold onto it after pct

Quote Originally Posted by number twelve View Post
    congrats bro hopefully youll be able to hold onto it after pct
    Yes I can't wait to find it out. That's why I'm trying to gain as much strength as possible so even if I lose half, it will still prolly be worth it in the long run. We'll see.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Dbol & winny is crap cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by dupa95 View Post
    Dbol & winny is crap cycle.
    Is it? Good for you, like I said I'm not looking for criticisms. Especially from someone who has so little experience... I'm just posting for others who asked me to.

Plus all I know is that I've just gained 40-50lbs in all major lifts in just 3 weeks... Can you top this with your test-dbol cycle? lol I didn't think so...
    Last edited by Teras; 02-07-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Garnelek is offline Associate Member
    Thats an interesting experiment.How long will ur cycle be?

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teras View Post
    Is it? Good for you, like I said I'm not looking for criticisms. Especially from someone who has so little experience... I'm just posting for others who asked me to.

Plus all I know is that I've just gained 40-50lbs in all major lifts in just 3 weeks... Can you top this with your test-dbol cycle? lol I didn't think so...
    __ Especially from someone who has so little experience. Wow that exsplains it all right there. ask around to the vet and mods newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnelek View Post
    Thats an interesting experiment.How long will ur cycle be?
    6-8 weeks. The goal is to gain 60-100lbs on bench, deadlift and squat.

__ Especially from someone who has so little experience. Wow that exsplains it all right there. ask around to the vet and mods newbie.
    Newbie? lol Ok. The newbie was naturally stronger at 18 years old than you are now with your supa dupa cycles... But that's beyond the point.
    Let's compare our gains post cycle then. I dare you. And we'll see who's running the crap cycle. Or I should say, who is the crap lifter, there is no bad cycle as I'm trying to prove with my experiment...

VWbug66 is offline Senior Member
    i was wondering when you were going to start this thread lol
    well good to hear its going good dude!
    how long are u doin this cycle?

admirals56 is offline Banned
    so your parroting what mods and vets say that certanly speaks from experience.

I think u can reach these numbers....but what u will keep is the really interesting part!What are u planning for pct?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnelek View Post
    I think u can reach these numbers....but what u will keep is the really interesting part!What are u planning for pct?
    Well I don't plan nothing fancy for pct. I have nolva and clomid on hand, so I'll just use either one. I'm also interested to see how it will turn out. I really don't know. But I feel I need to keep at least 50% of whatever I gain in order to be satisfied.

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow dbol and winny. Well that certainly is going against the grain here. But that's great dude. I'd like to see more bros try new and different cycles and log em up here so we can see real experience talking from members breaking new bounds.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ecto9 View Post
    Wow dbol and winny. Well that certainly is going against the grain here. But that's great dude. I'd like to see more bros try new and different cycles and log em up here so we can see real experience talking from members breaking new bounds.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Thanks! Yes that's the idea here. Just remember that my goal is only to gain and keep as much strength as possible. Mass is always a nice incentive but definitely not the main focus here.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Bro. I am interested as well. Its nice to see something new for a change. Will you post before and after pics too?

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    very interesting log will keep looking at progress

Quote Originally Posted by im83931 View Post
    Thanks Bro. I am interested as well. Its nice to see something new for a change. Will you post before and after pics too?
    I'm not a huge fan but I could post pics. Just keep in mind that looks is definitely not my focus.

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    I'm not a huge fan but I could post pics. Just keep in mind that looks is definitely not my focus.
    yea man post um up

Crest is offline Senior Member
    good thread.

hauss man is offline Member
    what kind of template do you follow? westside?

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    There are some cycles that are just obvious why you shouldnt do them. BUT im always interested in experimental type cycles instead of all the cookie cutter ones. Im thinking of developing a cycle that include IGF in with it but still debating on what other compound to use. Def. interested in this one so keep us posted.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    hows everything going bro

juicedapple463 is offline Associate Member
    havent posted in a few days , hope all is well.

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the d-bol/winny cycle popular in the 1960's with the bodybuilding and powerlifting crowd? If I am not mistaken, Arnold did a lot of that early on. Didn't seem to hurt them! Whatever works, use it!

AaronJM1984 is offline Member
    I always assumed most bodybuilders in the 60's and 70's used D-Bol for a majority of their cycles, JUST D-Bol

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJM1984 View Post
    I always assumed most bodybuilders in the 60's and 70's used D-Bol for a majority of their cycles, JUST D-Bol
    You might be right, I have just read a lot of stuff that said a lot of people who used gear in the 60's and 70's did a dbol whinny cycle. Maybe my info is wrong. I don't know! LOL

Hello fellows, thanks for all the messages. I ended my cycle a week ago, so that was just a few days short of 5 weeks total. I was slightly overtrained and strained my right hamstrings, but fortunately it's a minor injury. But I thought it was a good time to stop the cycle there, go on pct and make sure it's fully healed and ready to go before I start another cycle a couple of months from now.

So now the results. I didn't get a chance to max out in the squat, however at the end of the cycle I deadlifted 600lbs for a double, and in the bench press I did 450lbs with a self lift-off, barely missed 470lbs. Bodyweight stayed pretty much around 250lbs.

- GAL -->

Only downside was my gyno lump got a little worse cause I had just nolva on hand (very stupid...) and the letro came only later. But it's gradually subsiding now.

admirals56 is offline Banned
    good job man. were u overally happy with the results as of now

reddragon4954 is offline Member
    Teras, so you basically added 50lbs on your major lifts then, in only 5 weeks thats awesome.

What gains in weight did you make?

Quote Originally Posted by reddragon4954 View Post
    Teras, so you basically added 50lbs on your major lifts then, in only 5 weeks thats awesome.

What gains in weight did you make?
    I added about 50lbs on bench but more on the deadlift cause I went from 1RM @ 550lbs to 2RM @ 600lbs. I would have maxed out at about 625 I believe.

I'm not happy with the results just yet, I'm waiting to see how much I will keep. As far as bodyweight, I had gained 12lbs and lost 5 after the water went away.

Good results for only 5 weeks Teras!I hope u keep gains after pct....keep us informed and good luck

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    Hopefully you keep your gains. I'm not going to flame like some, but I am curious why you didn't want any injectables, especially since you originally planned to go for 8 weeks. Also, I would have been downing some milk thistle with an oral only cycle, but to each his own. You may want to get your liver values checked though. Good luck. Nice gains.

Quote Originally Posted by boondockSAINT View Post
    Hopefully you keep your gains. I'm not going to flame like some, but I am curious why you didn't want any injectables, especially since you originally planned to go for 8 weeks. Also, I would have been downing some milk thistle with an oral only cycle, but to each his own. You may want to get your liver values checked though. Good luck. Nice gains.
    Good looking out. You're right I've been taking liver protectant the whole time. I didn't use any injectable simply because I was curious to experiment whether or not it was possible to make (and keep) strength gains with oral only. I've read everywhere it's no good at all, but I wanted to see for myself with what I know about nutrition and training on and post cycle.

As of now, I'm very happy. My weight is still up 8lbs after I lost most of the water, I don't feel shut down like I did during my pct after my first couple of 10-weeker cycle with test. My workouts during pct are excellent. And also, I'll be able to go back on sooner, since I did only 5 weeks. It was a very interesting course altogether as fat as I'm concerned.

Today I had another great training day, Squat! I got 10 reps @ 435 which is 5 more reps than my previous best at that weight, 5 reps @ 475 (gained 3 reps), 2 reps @ 525 (previous best was 500lbs, and it felt easy) I didn't want to force it cause I didn't know if I was fully recovered or not, so I did all the reps at a pretty controlled tempo. It honestly felt pretty light. This is getting a whole lot of fun. Can't wait to start serious deadlift again but I'm confident I can double 600lbs as soon as I am 100% healthy. My goal is to get 700lbs 3-4 months from now.

Just a little update, another week after my last post I still retained 100% of my strength gains. I squatted 475lbs for 5 reps again and even increased my 1-board press to 470lbs. And I'm confident I will be able to bench that same bar in about a week or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information