bowonly is offline Associate Member

Mid 30's Cycle with Test / Eq

36-year old, this is my first real cycle. Before I was on this site about 4-5 years ago I got a hold of 1 vial of Deca .. lasted maybe 4-5 weeks.

DIET: There are some very dedicated guys on here that give very good advice. I have kiddos and sometimes it difficult to eat proper (or very easy not too)... so I know I will suffer some from diet which I understand is very important. I am trying to stay as close to my diet as possible.

NO PICS.. at least right now, I am a professional business man and have a few markings that make it very obvious who I am. Plus, you guys can be a real downer sometimes when pics are posted (all good).

GENERAL HEALTH: Never had any blood pressure or heart problems. Actually talk to my family doctor about doing a cycle after a physical, he really acted like it was no big deal and if I need some information about the risk or what certain steroids do, he would be there to advise.

MY FAMILY: I have 3 boys, 2 of which are old enough to work out with me. They are all in sports and I have chosen not to tell them what I am doing. I am married and the wife is keeping close watch on me, but has given me the thumbs up and know what I am taking, just in case.

GOALS: My goal is to push myself harder than I ever have in both workouts and diet. I want to stay above 200lbs and see my abs. My weight usually gets to about 200 in the winter and down to 180 in the summer. I have been hitting the gym for I guess 7-8 years, but just to stay in shape, not growing or pushing myself to grow, just maintaining.

MY CYCLE: I purchased a cycle for noobs online, it came with enough Test C and EQ for a 12/10 week cycle. Plus PCT clomid and nolva. I have since placed a new order for the extra PCT to do the Anthony Roberts PCT. I also added some more test C and EQ to lengthen the cycle.

Current plan:
    Week 1: 1000mg / Test C, 800mg / EQ (double first week for frontload)
    Week 2-14: 500mg / Test C, 400mg / EQ
    AR's PCT starting at week 14

btw.. currently mid 4th week, I will catch everyone up below.

I do two shots, Sun morning and Wed night. I don't have a good way to do bf%, guessing I am around the 18%, going by more the way I feel and the measurement around my midsection at the belly button.

POST: Thought I would post a not so perfect cycle for a mid 30's guy. Just another reason to help me stay on track. I am going to make a ton of mistakes, already have and I dont mind you letting me know how I can better the cycle. Maybe from these post and my mistakes, others will learn as I will during my cycle. So.. here we go.

WEEK 1 (end):
    1000mg / Test C
    800mg / EQ

DIET: Big change from my normal eating. Typical diet plan, chicken, fish, oatmeal, etc, using Perfect Beast diet help from post to start (thanx PB). After a week of this and trying drinking a gallon plus a day of water, I gained a lot of "water weight". It was very hard to force myself to eat the next meal but I stayed with it. Sat / Sun became half cheat day and half my diet (ie, breakfast was typical eggs/oatmeal and lunch was Chili's burger).

WEIGHT: 208lbs (felt very bloated)
    MIDSECTION delta: +1 inch (not good)
    WORKOUTS: Nothing different, felt the same as any other day. Too soon to tell. Hit the gym 4-days (m,t,t,f)
    CARDIO: none
    NOTES: Felt like shit, going the wrong way, effecting my workouts, wondering if I made a mistake. Nothing to the shots. Learning from here new places to inject, not a fan of arsh shots. On the plus side, I know I am on a cycle and it pushes me to hit the gym and eat, even when my lazy butt wants to stay home.
    Last edited by bowonly; 05-16-2008 at 02:04 PM.

WEEK 2 (end):
    500mg / Test C
    400mg / EQ

DIET: Changed up diet mid week, started watching when I eat carbs a little better. Focused my carb intake to be morning, PWO shake and PWO meal. Really bums me about the bloated feeling. Getting easier to eat more food.

WEIGHT: 206lbs (felt better)
    MIDSECTION delta: 0 inch (no change)
    WORKOUTS: Hit the gym 5-days (sd,m,t,t,f)
    CARDIO: started doing 20-mins, hr at 140-150, 3 times a week

NOTES: Feeling much better, but the weight lost without the midsection change bothered my mind. Make no mistake, the mind is a big part of working out.

POS - I feel like I can keep working out. I have been hitting my workouts heavy, but just do not seam to be getting fatigued. Wait a couple of minutes and ready to hit the next set.

NEG - My first shot in my left upper left thigh caused a little swelling and soreness above my left knee. Info from here, looks like I did too much moving of the pin during the shot. It went away in a few days.

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Dude Im on the same cycle. I am in week three and am starting to see some good gains. I didnt front load though. My appetite is threw the roof too. Good luck and keep us posted

WEEK 3 (end):
    500mg / Test C
    400mg / EQ

DIET: Still focused my carb intake to be morning, PWO shake and PWO meal. Seams to be working better for me. The bloated feeling has went away. Getting easier to eat more food and actually starting to get a little hungry for the next meal.

WEIGHT: 208lbs (+2/week - +9/start)
    MIDSECTION delta: -.5 inch (now we're talking)
    WORKOUTS: Hit the gym 5-days (sd,m,t,t,f)
    CARDIO: Changed to 30-mins, h.r. at 140-150, 3 times a week. 45-mins 1 day.

NOTES: Boys starting working out a couple days with me. Benched 245 x 5.. very good for me. First time I have curled 50 x 5 dumbell too. Did a delt shot, I like these but the do sting a little when pushing in the oil. No pain after about 15-mins or so. Also, my wife left for the weekend and I went out with a very good buddy and had a few shots to drink.. GREAT TIME, not so good for the bod.

POS - I feel pumped all the time now. Still feeling very good at the end of a workout. Wife asked if I workout my chest because it was pumped up, I told her I did 3-days ago. Feeling very strong, nothing superhuman, but I have broken a few personal bests. I feel bigger and slimmer. I LIKE IT!!! Erections are easier and harder. Mid night and mornings are unreal, hang a dumbell on it!! lol

NEG - I feel some aches in my biceps and tri's, talked to a few peeps and I need to be careful I don't tear something. Personal trainer said he seen a few biceps tear, but he noted it was usually someone doing steroids and there muscle not use to lifting the heavier weight...ohhh shitzoo

SIDES: No rage, feel better about myself, so I am more confident, which puts me in a better mood. Acne.. not sure, I suffer from acne all my life. My back was broken out before I started my cycle. I take meds to keep in under control and started tanning. Seems to be clearing, but something I will have to battle all my life. I break out more than my teenager..sucks. I had to stop taking fish pills this last week to verify if the fish oil is causing my skin to be over oily.

Ok.. that's it, I will post again next week at the end of week 4. I can tell you I am now 210lbs, feel pumped all the time and my wife is asking how I am losing my belly fat. I'm not, just getting bigger.. I think. Measurements are on Sun.

OH... special thanks to SHIFTY for helping me with some noob questions early. Great help on a subject that is hard to get good clean answers. Thanks Bro!

WEEK 4 (end):
    500mg / Test C
    400mg / EQ

DIET: Wasn't as good this week. Followed strict diet during the day, but a couple dinners fell to after practice cheeseburgers. Using a different protein..killing my stomach at night. I have to go back to the other protein.

WEIGHT: 210lbs (+2/week +11/start)
    MIDSECTION delta: (-.25/week -.75/ start)
    WORKOUTS: Hit the gym 4-days (m,t,t,f)
    CARDIO: Cardio 3 times at 30-mins, h.r. at 140-150 (getting harder to raise my heartrate, I find myself watching the tv and notice my hr is lowering... push..push)

NOTES: Felt a little guilty about the diet and the beer over last weekend, but I still gained weight and lost a little in the mid section. Arms, shoulders and chest feel tight, skin is tight too.. using lotion, don't want any stretch marks. Next week is a stressful week in business, plus all kiddos will be out of school. Hoping to hold it all together. Prayers for my business.

POS - Biceps are up 1.25" and are the biggest they have ever been. Measurement around the chest/back is up this week too +2" from start. All measurements went up from 2-weeks except mid section. Love it. Wife and I had 3 "personal" cardio sex.essions today, got to love Test!

NEG - Biceps ache.. first time I do a curl, then I just go. Going light on back for more reps and skip doing bicep workout this week.

SIDES: No mood swings. Still staying on top of acne. Using my meds (2 or 3 times), tanning (2 /week) and the "orange" soap in the shower. Also making sure I take a shower as soon as I get home. Surprised I have had no signs of gyno yet, since I did have some going threw puberty. Knock on wood.

brian1972ct is offline New Member
    Thanks, bowonly, I really enjoy reading your posts. I am 35 myself, and looking to start my first cycle in the next month or so. I am leaning toward a 12 week 500mg Test E cycle myself. Are you using any nolvadex during the cycle, or any other gyno prevention?

*brian - I have nolva and some clomid, but I have had no signs of gyno and do not use either during the cycle, but will use it during PCT.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Nolvadex will not reverse gyno, only prevent if taken before you have signs. You need a AI to reverse gyno, for that reason I am in the process of getting arimidex (hoping to have by now) to use if needed.

Taking a SERM or AI during your cycle can reduce some of your gains.. from what I understand. Again, anyone chime in and set me straight if this is wrong. So I have chosen not to take anything until I have any signs of a problem.

NOTE: I think it is VERY IMPORTANT to wait until you have ALL items needed for Cycle, PCT and a AI for gyno before you start your cycle. That said, I do not have EVERYTHING I need and like many hard head cases, I started thinking no big deal, couldn't wait... damn it! I am in the process of getting the rest that the noob package did not have. I will not make this mistake again and I am hoping it doesn't come back to bite me a little later in the cycle.

Another thing I have noticed... for the first week since I started, I feel I am not eating enough (listening to my body) and it showed this week. I did not gain any weight this week, but I think I lost midsection inches (measure tomorrow). Next week I will add another meal, more on that later.

I made a major change in diet right out of the gate and IMHO it was too much. Hated forcing myself to eat, feeling bloated.. just sucked. Now I am eating more than I started with and feel I need to eat even more. I can eat a nice meal and be actually hungry (like empty hungry) in a couple of hours. I might suggest a smaller, but clean change in diet to start and ramp the levels up as you start growing.

More good info, thanks! I thought taking Nolvadex would prevent gyno with or without any signs?

WEEK 5 (end):
    500mg / Test C
    400mg / EQ

DIET: Did very good on my diet this week, but have noticed that I am still hungry after a few meals. This week I will add another meal make sure I have my final meal at night (usually cottage cheese), I've missed a couple last week. No weight gain this week... need more food.

WEIGHT: 210lbs ( 0 /week +11/start)
    MIDSECTION delta: (0 /week -.75/ start)
    WORKOUTS: Hit the gym 5-days (m,t,t,f,sat)
    CARDIO: Cardio 3 times at 30-mins, h.r. at 140-150. Getting burned out doing the elliptical, I think I will mix it up this week, run, bike and elliptical

NOTES: Stressful week personally, but ended good. Bicep still has aches, but seams to do better with light weight 12-15 reps curls before I hit back hard. My two oldest boys will be in the gym with me for the next 3-months. They push me harder!

POS - Feeling very good, still holding midsection fat, but I am definitely getting more defined (adding lean muscle) and still over 200.

NEG - Biceps still not 100%. Almost feel like I lost last week, no gain in weight, no loss in the midsection. Must eat more!! Couple more weeks of trying to gain weight.

SIDES: No gyno signs. My skin is very oily, no breakouts other than back, but starting to get a few on my chest and neck. Never-ending battle!

lookin4msl is offline New Member
    Great thread - am the same age and will be following it closely. Good luck.

WEEK 6 (end):
    500mg / Test C
    400mg / EQ

DIET: Still never seam to be satisfied when eating, I am sure its the EQ. This week I plan on taking the time to make sure I am at 3000/cal and 300+ protein.

WEIGHT: 206lbs ( 0 /week +7/start)
    MIDSECTION delta: (0 /week -1.75/ start)
    WORKOUTS: Hit the gym 4-days (m,t,t,f)
    CARDIO: Cardio 3 times at 30-mins, elliptical at 1min fast high level, 2 easy.. kept this pattern for 30-mins. + added 2 days of walking/light jog first thing in the morning on empty with my dogs.

NOTES: SHIT.. I feel great, I am looking better, dropped to much weight this week. I was hoping I slimmed up and was holding at 210. Added morning cardio on empty, added sprint type cardio and added this week was 12-15 reps on weights. I guess I should expect to lose weight. This week I will go to a 6-8 rep count on weights and verify diet. Also going to start working my legs twice a week. Legs seam to respond faster and need the most work.

POS - Feel great! Stronger, leaner and more confident. I did 3 sets of dumbell flat bench at 80lbs x 12 and felt super strong so I grabbed the 100's and put them up for 5 with no help. My best would be 100's maybe twice, but never after doing 3 sets of 12.

NEG - I am making the mistake of not feeding my body enough food. After the initial bloating, I have been throttled back. Like you guys say, if you don't get the diet down, AS will do nothing. I did a light high rep week, gained no size on legs chest or arms, just leaned up. The light week did help my biceps.

SIDES: I found myself scratching my left nip and was shocked. Did the check, no lumps, not tender, hasn't itched since.. but watching it. Skin is very oily, even on chest and shoulders. No break outs anywhere but I still battling back acne.

Hey bowonly, any updates?

ronnieboy is offline New Member
    i would like to follow this, considering eq with my next test cycle, looking forward to the constant hunger! keep us updated please!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnieboy View Post
    i would like to follow this, considering eq with my next test cycle, looking forward to the constant hunger! keep us updated please!
    Considering this is 2 years old the updates might not be timely.

Thread Information