Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

any recomandations?

I've been lifting for over a couple years now...weighing around 215 at 12% or so. I'll be 22 in march and am looking to do a contest either in may or late august. I have not done any aas but i have used clen , ph and found out that i am not eligable for an all natural body buidling contest. I live in southwest wisconsin and travel is not a big deal.

I am looking for some type of amature contest that I can get into just too see if I enjoy doing the whole contest thing. So if anyone has any help that would be great!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Look at the NPC website, there are hundreds to choose from. Pick a local show and start counting down the days.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Look at the NPC website, there are hundreds to choose from. Pick a local show and start counting down the days.
    there is nothing up for 2009 yet...all 2008.

Is there a certain class I have to enter or can it be anything as long as its not natural body buidling?

never mind! it says it has only the 2008 schedual but it runs through 2009...thanks mate

it seems the npc is a natural bodybuidling group...is this true or am i still able to enter?
    Last edited by chitownhoker; 12-08-2008 at 09:44 AM.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post
    never mind! it says it has only the 2008 schedual but it runs through 2009...thanks mate

it seems the npc is a natural bodybuidling group...is this true or am i still able to enter?
    NPC is not a natural bodybuilding group. Do you work out at a gym where other people compete? It would be a good idea to talk with some other competitors about competing. Most people that compete are very helpful and will steer you in the right direction.

The NPC does have natural/tested shows as well as untested. Your class will be determined by weight class unless you qualify for the Masters Class. If it's your first time I suggest you enter the Novice Division which will also have seperate weight classes.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    NPC is not a natural bodybuilding group. Do you work out at a gym where other people compete? It would be a good idea to talk with some other competitors about competing. Most people that compete are very helpful and will steer you in the right direction.
    I just found out we have bodybuidling group here on campus and am actually meeting with the guy that runs it tomorrow. I am going to talk to him about diet and such....I have been able to stick to a bulking diet, I am just not sure if I can handle three months of dieting.

For January I am going to get a diet from him and I am going to see if I can follow it for one month, if I can do that, then I will enter a contest in the end of august.

Any other advice on how I can find out if I am competition worthy?

The NPC does have natural/tested shows as well as untested. Your class will be determined by weight class unless you qualify for the Masters Class. If it's your first time I suggest you enter the Novice Division which will also have seperate weight classes.
    Ya I will def enter the novice division.

Right now I weight about 215 at around 13% body fat...most of my fat is around the midsection.

Think that will put me around 190 or so for competition?

Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post
    I just found out we have bodybuidling group here on campus and am actually meeting with the guy that runs it tomorrow. I am going to talk to him about diet and such....I have been able to stick to a bulking diet, I am just not sure if I can handle three months of dieting.

For January I am going to get a diet from him and I am going to see if I can follow it for one month, if I can do that, then I will enter a contest in the end of august.

Any other advice on how I can find out if I am competition worthy?
    In the smaller shows, its all about conditioning. If you can come in shredded, you will do well.

Everyone is a work in progress regardless of how long they have been competing. Do a show and then look at your pics afterwards to see what needs improving. An experienced eye can help you with this.

You are competition worthy now! Just do it!

Thanks Bro, I didn't know this. In this area (MI) not too many untested NPC shows. But then again, Im not looking for them....

so I decided to enter the foxcities bb and figure comp in little chute, WI.
    Its a non tested show and is one april 26th.

I met with my trainer today and got mostly everything figured out. I'll be starting on monday as that will be 12 weeks out. This is an untested show and i will be going in natural so this is more to see if I can do this! I am going to meet with my trainer every friday morning to see how my body reacted to my diet and make changes if needed.

I will be taking hydroxy cut hardcore for the first month, then 2 weeks of eca, 2 weeks of clen , 2 weeks of eca, then one week of clen, then nothing for the last week.

My current stats are
    205 pounds
    5-9
    BF: going to find this out tonight but its around 12% maybe a little lower

Measurements went like this
    relaxed/flexed
    chest: 41/45
    arm: 16.25/17
    wasit: 36.5
    Hips: 40.75
    Thigh: 26/27
    calf: 15.25/15.5

We did some pre poseing just so she could see where I am, and she thought my weakest point was my hamstrings. I am going to be adding in hamstrings only day to my workouts, where Ill do leg curls, RDL, leg press high and wide. This will be above and beyone my normal leg days.

Next friday I will take some pics from the mandatory poses so you can see where I am 12 weeks out.

As far as my diet goes we are going to start by doing a high/low carb days put out between 6 meals per day.

High carb day:
    300 g pro
    250 g carbs
    20 g fat

Low Carb day:
    300 g pro
    125 g carbs
    30 g fat

proteins will consist:
    chicken
    lean beef
    tuna
    cottage cheese
    salmon/fish

carbs:
    oatmeal
    ezekial bread
    brown rice
    veggies

Ill post a more exact diet later this weekend, maybe tonight when I get one figured out. I'm going to keep most of my carbs to the earlier part of day before 3ish, then stick to veggies the rest of the night.

Keep us posted with updated pics!!

bf was at 11.59%
    Is that a good point for being 12 weeks out?

here is the diet 2 day high carbs, 2 day low carbs.
    cardio 3 days a week 30 min
    i don't count any veggies in my carbs
    PLEASE let me know if this is going to work, or if i should change something!

M1: 62c, 49p, 3f
    1/2 cup ff cottage chz
    1 cup egg whites
    1 cup oatmeal

m2: Post work out: 70c, 48p, 2f
    whey protein
    carbo max

m3:56c, 48p,4f
    8oz chx
    1 1/4 cup of brown rice

m4: 41c, 55p, 4f
    8oz chx
    2oz whole wheat pasta? is this all right? if not i can eat yams

m5: 58p, 10f
    8oz salmon
    veggies

m6: 50p
    casein pro

total: 231c, 313p, 25f

Low carb day:

M1: 62c, 49p, 3f
    1/2 cup ff cottage chz
    1 cup egg whites
    1 cup oatmeal

M2: post work out, im going to try and not work out on these days but sometimes i won't be able to avoid it

28c, 50p, 2f
    whey
    carbo max

m3: 45c, 53p, 4f
    8oz chx
    1 cup brown rice

m4: 50p, 10f
    8oz venison or lean beef
    veggies

m5: 58p, 10f
    8oz salmon
    veggies

m6: 50p, 5f
    casein
    flax seed oil

total for day: 132c, 310p, 32f

Now this will start Sunday and then on friday I am going to meet with my trainer, we prolly won't change much then, but the friday after that I will post an updated diet. Also pics coming on Friday.

11.5% at 12 weeks out is fine although I would be doing more cardio at this point. One piece of advice I will give you or anyone else wanting to compete is listen to your trainer and only your trainer!! That is why you hired him/her. Do not listen to anyone else on this board including me if they are suggesting you change something. It will just mess you up and pi$$ off your trainer. There is nothing more frustrating than working with someone and having them change stuff around because someone at the gym or worse yet on an internet board gave them a suggestion. If you trust him stick with what he tells you, if you dont trust him find one you do trust.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    11.5% at 12 weeks out is fine although I would be doing more cardio at this point. One piece of advice I will give you or anyone else wanting to compete is listen to your trainer and only your trainer!! That is why you hired him/her. Do not listen to anyone else on this board including me if they are suggesting you change something. It will just mess you up and pi$$ off your trainer. There is nothing more frustrating than working with someone and having them change stuff around because someone at the gym or worse yet on an internet board gave them a suggestion. If you trust him stick with what he tells you, if you dont trust him find one you do trust.
    amen to that....and even if you don't have a trainer don't take stock in everything people on the boards say. I made a BIG mistake last year prepping doing that, and it probably made me fail. Unfortunately i don't have any money to hire someone to help me but i am very careful now who's posts i even read on forums regarding me and competing.....this happened on bb.com btw, not here

well my trainer hasn't seen my diet yet, we just figured macros out and she wanted me to write everything down that I was going to eat for the work, then we were going to go from there. So I was wondering if this would be a good diet for the first week?

Also, I am going to make this my competition log so i don't know if an admin wants to move it to somewhere else.

Decided to take out the pasta for this week, then next week we will add it back in and see if it makes me hold a bunch of water. If it doesn't then i will have pasta till 6 weeks out. Till then it will either be sweet potatos or brown rice

so day four and no problems so far. It sucks that i work in a kitchen, cuz there is food all over the place!

did cardio yesterday on the elypitical for thirty minutes, no problems there.

Had to switch my diet up a little bit today. Its a low carb day, and I had to switch the venison out for chicken and salmon out for walley. Forgot my food and was already on the way to work when I remembered. And I am feeling a little bloated right now, so walley might be out of the picture from here on out.

Lifted on Mon, tues and today. Even on the low calorie diet i am not feeling week yet, so i guess that is good.

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting with my trainer and ill give you updates on the changes we are going to make.

weight was down to 200.5

i am going to start hitting my hamstrings on leg days and do some RDL's and isolated leg curls to try and have them catch up with my quads

no change to diet

today I did back, bis and hams and i was def feeling more tired then the rest of the week. I think I can attribute that to the two low carb days in a row.

but here are some pics, a little less then 12 weeks outs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any recomandations?-cimg1308-2.jpg   any recomandations?-cimg1307-2.jpg  

for some reason, i cant up load the rest, ill try again tomorrow.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not arguing with you but those pics look higher than 11.5% bf

understandable since most of my fat is kept our my midsection and such.

thats just what I got measured at, useing a a caliper and 7 points on my body upper back, lower back, chest, tris, stomach, hip, legs.

those calipers arn't exact, but if the same person does it every time with the same caliper you can then get a good idea if your going in the right direction

SOB still won't let me load up other photos

Dont worry so much about the number at this point, like you said, now it's just a tool to make sure the diet and cardio is where it needs to be and that the bf is going down without dropping LBM. Where is your cardio at the moment? After looking at your pics I see you in the 170-174 range on stage if your conditioning is on.

can anyone explain why I could load those other two pictures up, but it won't let me load up anymore???

Cardio at the moment is three times a week.

I checked out MikeXXL's contest log on the stickies and i am going to start useing ECA stack M-F three times a day, then clen on sat sun, t3 5 on 5 off

The weekend went well, no slip up on the diet by any means. I can tell you I am suprised at how much food I am still eating. I mean don't get me wronge I am still hungry i just expected it to be a lot worse.

Today was a my 2nd low carb day in a row and i was worried because it was leg day and I didn't want low energy on leg day! but things worked out great and now i am pretty much bed ridden my legs are so tight!

Getting the first week out of the way was a great confidence booster. Especially yesterday when everyone around me was scarfing food down for the game and I had my 8oz flank steak and I was sitting pretty.

So on to week two!!

figured it out, i just opened the pics and "save as" them to a dif file name.

please forgive my posing, i know its rough, but i am working on it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any recomandations?-cimg1305-2.jpg   any recomandations?-cimg1306-2.jpg   any recomandations?-cimg1304-2.jpg  

Dont worry so much about the number at this point, like you said, now it's just a tool to make sure the diet and cardio is where it needs to be and that the bf is going down without dropping LBM. Where is your cardio at the moment? After looking at your pics I see you in the 170-174 range on stage if your conditioning is on.
    Yep I hope to be under 176.5 for the comp

and cardio is currently at 3 times per week

You should be able to get under 176 with no problems. Are you at 3 times per week cardio on your trainers advice?

Jakspro is offline Member
    Rock on - How many weeks out are you? And how many weeks are you planning on staying at 3x cardio days?

Ya, that is what she recomended-3 times a week, for 30 min-, she said that I am lean enough now that 3 times a week is fine. Week ten I am thinking around 5 times a week, but not sure.

I was just eating dinner here (80z of fatty fish) and I have had 3-5 ounces of tallapi and 3-5oz of salmon each night for a total of 8oz. Should I just be having one of the fish at a time, not both? Like is digestion better when ingesting one type of fish compared to ingesting two types of fish?

would I recieve any benefit from a winny only cycle for the last 4 weeks at 50mg per day? I want to stay under 176 so i don't want to add any test in, but from what i have read winny is just going to get me that hardened look more than it will add muscle, especially on a calorie restricted diet. I havn't cycled befor. PCT would be clomid/nolva at the appropiate dosages. I have other gear but I was going to start a test e cycle a month or so after my comp.

What would be the best way to do this, do the winny, then a week or so after the comp start my test, or go into pct after show and wait a couple months befor I start the test?

ok week three:

Just got done talking to my trainer. Asked her about the winstrol and she thought it was a good idea, she wants me to do a higher dose, but thats all i have. So she said that can still help.

As far as how I look, i can definetly tell a big difference in my midsection. I was down to 197, so another 3.5 pounds was off. I am getting better at poseing and those photos up above to give me justice, but I will wait till 8 weeks out before more photos come!

My trainer was real impressed with the improve definition in my legs, she said shes not worried about my upperbody, she says ill be able to get real shreded, but she is worried about my legs more than anything.

Cardio is going to be jumped up to 4 times per week. And circulate carbs at 220g andn 110g and up the protein.

new diet is looking like this:
    Low carb day totals:
    carbs110, pro 360, fat28

M1:50c, 70p, 4f
    1/2 ff cottage chz
    3/4 cup oats
    1 cup egg whites
    1 scoop whey

M2:28c,50p, 2f
    1 scoop carbo max
    2 scoops whey pro

M3: 32c, 56p, 4f
    10oz chx
    1/4 cup brown rice

M4:50p, 10f
    10oz lean beef or venison
    veggies

M5: 70p, 4f
    12 oz tallapie or salmon
    veggies

M6: 4c, 63p, 4f
    casein protein
    1/2 cup cottage chz

High carb:
    total
    carbs220, 330p, 18f

M1:62c, 73p, 4f
    1/2 cup cottage
    1 cup oats
    1 cup egg whites
    1 scoop whey

M2:56c, 50p, 2f
    2 scoops carbo (3 on on work out days)
    2 scoops whey

M3: 32c, 44p, 2f
    8oz chx
    1/4 cup brown rice

M4:32c, 44p, 2f
    10oz tuna or 8oz chx
    1/4 cup brown rice(veggies on work out days)

M5: 40c, 56p, 4f
    8oz tallapia or salmon
    5/8 cup of oats or equal value in brown rice

M6: 63p, 4f
    casein pro

Updates to come

ok will post new diet tomorow but heres what was decided on for this week:

my trainer thinks that I will be contest ready atleast 2 weeks out which allow for good carb loading.

My weight was down to 193.
    We are changed carbs from 220/110 to 200/100 and bumping the fat 10 grams each day.

I can really tell that I am dieting now, I don't have enough energy to last the day it seems. Been sleeping 9 hours a night with no problem. I have been taking an eca stack but just pre workout. But now ill be taking it 3 times a day, once in the morning then every 5 hours after that.

How is the posing coming along? If you have time post your mandatories and quarter turns.

I will post more pics after friday.....that will 9 weeks out and 4 weeks on the diet.

I've been practicing my posing 3 times a week.....i hold every pose for around 20 sec twice for every pose. It's A LOT tougher than i thought to do....im usually sweating pretty bad after it.

Oh, the diet stayed the same except a few carbs are cut from all meals to get in the 100/200 range. Didn't add any fats.

ok had to meet with my trainer a day early since i am going out of town tonight.

but i was down to 190.5

cycleing carbs next week like this:
    fri-100
    sat-50
    sun-200
    mon-100
    tues-200
    wen-50
    Thur-50

on all days that are not 50, i will be eating tallapia for dinner, chx for 3rd and 4th meal

on days that are 100- will be venison for 4th meal

on 50 carbs days-it will be salmon for dinner, flank steak for 4th meal

and here are the pics.....these don't give me justice imo. This was after practicing poseing for a half hour and so these were weak compared to the beggining of the session but they still show progress....my V is a lot more apparent and my legs are looking a lot more cut up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any recomandations?-cimg1313-2.jpg   any recomandations?-cimg1311-2.jpg   any recomandations?-cimg1312-2.jpg  

heres the rest of them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any recomandations?-cimg1313-2.jpg   any recomandations?-cimg1314-2.jpg   any recomandations?-cimg1315-2.jpg   any recomandations?-cimg1316-2.jpg  

I can see you are getting leaner, I will refrain from any dieting or cardio advice as you already are working with someone.

As far as posing goes, couple quick tips. On your front lat spread you really want to keep your heels together and most judges will call out the pose that way. On your rear lat and rear double bi, on the leg you are using to display your calf, kick it out AND back in your stance. It will help you set your hamstring, give you better balance and add to your symmetry.

I can see you are getting leaner, I will refrain from any dieting or cardio advice as you already are working with someone.

As far as posing goes, couple quick tips. On your front lat spread you really want to keep your heels together and most judges will call out the pose that way. On your rear lat and rear double bi, on the leg you are using to display your calf, kick it out AND back in your stance. It will help you set your hamstring, give you better balance and add to your symmetry.
    thanks fire guy! ill make sure to try those pointers out for the next week.

ok so diet is going to stay the same, same with the cardio

was down to 186.5, so down 4 pounds from last week.

Energy level was a little low this week but one more week of this won't be too bad

if anyone has any specific questions regarding anything that i am doing, feel free to ask!

Bump for update.

my bad for not getting an update in last week, ive just stressing about school and work and spring break is coming up.

but my weight this week didnt change, which worried me but my trainer said she saw noticable gains once again, especially in my legs...we decided to the same macros for one more week, but upping the cardio to five times a week. I can't get in the gym in the morning more than 4 times a week so one of my cardio is after one of my workouts

also started clen this week, will take it every other day at 100mcg per day and also taking eca stack three times a day every other day. every third week i will take beneadril befor i go to bed too.

ive ajusted to the diet and am not feeling as week. i am sleeping more, atleast 9 hrs per night most nights more and am only going 2.25-2.5 hours in between meals which i think helps a lot.

people have been really starting to notice the difference, especially in my face. My family couldn't believe how "masculine" my facial features have become. i never used to think i had that much fat on me, but they way i look now i can really tell. Well friday will be 7 weeks out and im starting to get real excited about it....my workouts are actually getting better and more intense which is great!!

I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO BE ON STAGE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information