View Poll Results: How to Properly Run Clomid in PCT - old fashion way, or new method..?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100mg / 50 / 50 / 50

8 88.89%
  • 300 / 100 / 50 / 50

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    seriousmass is offline Banned

Test-Enanthate Log

How's it going? Alright, so jumping on my first cycle in about a week. Been working on fixing my diet for the last month. Anyways, I'll cut to the chase:

Cycle experience: 1st cycle
    Experience: 3 years weight lifting
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 175 pounds (I know, I'm still a little small. Flame away)
    Body Fat: 7%

Here's the plan:

Test - Enan (weeks 1 - 12) - inject twice a week, 3.5 days apart.

PCT: (weeks 15 - 19)

Clomid:
    Day 1 → 300mg
    Day 2-11 → 100mg ed (every day)
    Day 12-21 → 50 mg ed (every day)

Nolvadex :
    (40 / 40 / 20 / 20)

Creatine:
    20g / ED... keep some water weight on me / get me pumped to hit the gym
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Really simple cycle. My goals are to gain 15 - 20 pounds.

This is my plan for my diet..

Diet:
    • Meals ED: 6 - 7
    • Protein: 40g (per meal) x 6 meals (per day)
    • Carbohydrates: 60g x 6 meals
    • Fat: 13g x 6 meals (can be higher % of fat, because high metabolism)

I'm hoping to get some before pictures up sometime this week. I tried uploading a couple of pictures yesterday; however, was unable to attach them to this log... it said the size was too big or something. I'll figure it out soon. ha.

Full detailed eating schedule will also be posted ASAP. (I'd do it tonight, but I've got class early tomorrow morning, sorry boys!)

In addition, I will post my training log, with my initial maxs, within the next week.

I'm open to any advice / comments.

Here we go:

Morning Meal (5:30am)
    - 50g whey protein + 5g BCCAs - (*the terrible taste of BCCAs helps wake me up!*)
    - a bowl of Vector / Wheatie's with skimmed milk (I add 1 tb spoon of honey as well)
    - 5 egg whites / 3 egg yolks
    - 4 "GREENS:" muli-vitamins
    - 1 banana
    - 3 fish oil pills: halibut oil, cod-liver oil, and salmon oil

Mid-day / Pre-workout (8:30am)
    - 4 hard boiled eggs
    - whole grain, turkey breast or chicken breast sandwich
    - 2 servings of veggies
    - 2 cups of skimmed milk
    - 3 Flax pills
    - 3 Evening Primrose pills

11:15am
    - NO explode (I'm going to discontinue this once the Test - E kicks in)

Workout (11:30am)

Post Workout / Lunch (1:00pm)
    - 6oz chicken breast
    - 2 servings of fruit
    - granola and yogurt - I know it's not the best, it's my favorite snack of the day tho
    - 25g whey protein shake + 5g BCAAs + 10g Glutamine
    - 1 potassium pill

Cardio (4:15 - 4:45)
    - I run from my house to my university, and back, twice: increases hunger / I love running.

Dinner (5:00pm)
    - Chicken wrap
    - brown rice
    - bowl of chicken noodle soup - (I'm addicted to Liptons chicken noodle. I can't help it!!)
    - beans
    - 3 fish oil pills

Last Meal (9:00pm)
    - unsalted nuts
    - peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    - 4 glucosomine sulphate pills

Before bed (11:00pm)
    - 3 ZMA pills
    - 50g casein protein
    - 1 True-Mass shake (weight gainer) - 600 calories / 50g protein
    - melatonin
    - 2 odorless garlic pills
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

goals from diet:
    - Calories: 4000+ a day. Hopefully shock the body, and hit 6000 twice each week.
    - Protein: 250g - 300+ ED
    - Carbs: 350g - 450g ED
    - Fat: 75g + ED
    Last edited by seriousmass; 04-05-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: uploaded "before" pics.

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    how much test will you be using?

Ha! Can't believe I left that out.

500mg per week. So divided by 2... 250mg per injection

xo3et is offline Productive Member
    Dude so far the detail you have put into this log superb. I really do wish you the best for your cycle and ill be watching with anticipation.

What does your workout routine look like.

Good luck...

^^ Thanks a lot buddy. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to be testing out my max-presses this week. So I'm holding off till then to post my workout schedule. (makes more sense, that way I don't have to re-post the same information twice)

midg3t is offline New Member
    Dam everything on the diet portion looks great. btw how old are you if you dont mind me asking? and also some before pics would be great.

Thanks. Luckily I always wake up really early, and I have a healthy natural appetite.. so that helps a lot. But, it was also this sites diet section that helped me out.. a bunch of members helped me tweek my diet, to help produce gains.

I'm 20 years old.

I'm honestly trying to figure out the picture deal. I've got some pictures on my computer, but I don't have a clue how to post them. When I try to attach them it says the file is too large. Ideas are welcome on how to get around this.. lol.

Hey.. question: I'm stocked up with 25 gauge syringes. I'm going to be injecting mainly into the glutes.. I don't really have a needle-phobia, as I've been injecting myself with allergy shots for the past 5 years, but I don't know how I feel about 1.5 inches. Would it be terrible / ineffective if I shoot with a 25 gauge 1.0 inch syringe, into my glute?? (I already have a bunch of these because I was planning on using them to shoot into my delts a couple of times)

Thunder Monkey is offline Junior Member
    I use 1.5" 25g for my glutes. I'm currently shooting 1ml Test-E & 1ml EQ (2ml) in same syringe twice a week alternating glutes. There is no post injection pain. During my first cycle the first few shots were sore for about 3-4 days but each glute has 7 days to recover so it was never even an issue. Now there is barely any soreness the next day.

Trust me if you do glutes go 1.5", its perfect. At 1" if you get only part of the muscle and inject into some fat, its going to be sore and take up to 1-2 weeks to absorb. And if you want to inject into your delts you can still the 1.5" just inject 1/2 way etc...

PS.. my test and EQ are oil based, using a 25g pin is tough. I always load the syringe and run it under hot water to warm the oil up. Cold oil, even room temp, does not like to flow out of a 25g. When warmed its no prob. To inject 2ml I usaully do it slow and steady, takes about 2 minutes.

Good luck.
    TM

^^ Thanks TM.

I guess I'll man up, and go for the 25g 1 1/2 inch. And I am definitely using that warming method for the syringe, thanks for the tip. I'm planning on icing the injection site for 10 minutes prior to injection as well.. my friends always do it this way, says it works really well... might as well give it a try hey?

I'm just wondering, when you said "if you get only part of the muscle... it'll take up to 1 - 2 weeks to absorb"... well Test - Enan doesn't get the ester stripped for 10.5 days already right? So do you mean 10.5 days + 1 - 2 weeks.. or what?? Need some clarification..

ray0414 is offline Member
    i would not be taking any more than 5 grams of o mega 3, and 5 is pushing it, more isnt always better. and 20grams of creatine is way too much.i thought people here reccomend to not take creatine on cycle.

Thanks Ray. I know how to take Fish oils properly. I don't overdose. And my pills have absolutely no mercury in them.

Regarding your second comment. I'm not taking creatine during my cycle whatsoever, the use of creatine is in my PCT. (I also have why I'm considering taking creatine during these 4 weeks right beside it)..

20g though still seems very high. u should be able to put on at least 15 pounds hopefully.

I think that 20g is actually pretty standard for creatine. I've always run that amount. But I'll check into it again. Thanks for the heads up. And I'm definitely hoping for 15 pounds. My goal is 190, maybe a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousmass View Post
    ^^ Thanks TM.

I guess I'll man up, and go for the 25g 1 1/2 inch. And I am definitely using that warming method for the syringe, thanks for the tip. I'm planning on icing the injection site for 10 minutes prior to injection as well.. my friends always do it this way, says it works really well... might as well give it a try hey?

I'm just wondering, when you said "if you get only part of the muscle... it'll take up to 1 - 2 weeks to absorb"... well Test - Enan doesn't get the ester stripped for 10.5 days already right? So do you mean 10.5 days + 1 - 2 weeks.. or what?? Need some clarification..
    Well basically your muscle is highly vascular, love of capillaries. Fat/skin extremely little. If you inject into the fat, it takes longer for the gear to get into your system, it will eventually, but you are correct about the absorbtion time. Your levels won't be as steady if you mess up an injection. It will take time to get into your blood stream then the test has to go through its half life reaction etc...

Really you won't need to ice the injection spot. 25g is small and there aren't many nerves in your butt to interfere with your glute shot. You will feel a slight pinch and then nothing. If you have someone to give you the shot thats the best way to do it. Just stand up and put all your weight (kinda lean on one leg) on the side your not shooting. So for right glute, put all your weight on the left and relax the right leg, dont pick it up off the floor just hang there. Usually when my wife gives me the shot, slight pinch, then nothing. Usually when done I don't even feel her pull it out. Glutes is all I have to do since I use Test-E. Right on Mon, Left on Thurs...repeat.

Good luck.
    TM

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Cool log Seriousmass, everythings looking good, keep it up to date im keen to see how this goes....

Thanks Thunder. That's actually some really good advice. Unfortunately, I'm going to be self-injecting.. but I'm sure I'll be fine. Your wife must be a really cool. ha! I doubt I could ever convince my girlfriend to..

Thanks M.M, I'll try and write as much as possible. I'm still trying to get pictures up, but I'm technologically retarded. I'll also get that workout schedule, with my "maxs," up on Friday. First Injection planned for next Tuesday.. January 13th!!

Anyways, gotta run, my calculus class is just ended. Post advice if you know how to fix my pictures / make them a smaller size!! ahaha thanks in advance boys.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousmass View Post
    Thanks Thunder. That's actually some really good advice. Unfortunately, I'm going to be self-injecting.. but I'm sure I'll be fine. Your wife must be a really cool. ha! I doubt I could ever convince my girlfriend to..

Thanks M.M, I'll try and write as much as possible. I'm still trying to get pictures up, but I'm technologically retarded. I'll also get that workout schedule, with my "maxs," up on Friday. First Injection planned for next Tuesday.. January 13th!!

Anyways, gotta run, my calculus class is just ended. Post advice if you know how to fix my pictures / make them a smaller size!! ahaha thanks in advance boys.
    Open them with the Paint Program then do a "save as" from there.

20g is NOT standard, standard is 5-10. any bottle of creatine says to take 5-10 a day. anything more than that is just wasted. the only thing i see with your plan is the amount of sleep, alot of the experienced guys here say 8 hours minimum and u get barely 6.5. Does anyone else see that being a problem? or will he be okay? But im interested to see how your 1st cycle goes cause im gonna be doing my first within the next month hopefully but doing tbol instead.

BTW, i found this on bodybuilding.com on its fact page about creatine.

Recommended dosages are as follows:

Less than or equal to 140lbs = 5-6grams per day is maintenance
    141lbs to 168lbs = 6-7.5 grams per day is maintenance
    169lbs to 199lbs = 8 grams per day is maintenance
    200lbs to 242lbs = 8-10 grams per day is maintenance
    242lb+ = 10-12 grams per day
    Last edited by ray0414; 01-07-2009 at 08:59 PM.

oh. that's where we are getting our signals mixed up. haha apologizes Ray. When I was saying 20g each day, I was talking about LOADING PHASE of a creatine cycle. (which is only 1 week long)... After that initial week, you go into maintenance phase, and my dosage = 6g each day, for the next two weeks. (but I guess it should really be 8g instead).. good to know

Thanks for that though! good info. I've never seen that chart before.

Regarding the sleep: I know. I have an issue with sleep. I wake up at around 5:20am every morning. Always will. Always have!

burnin69 is offline Member
    I think theres very few people who work 40hr+ per week who can say they get atleast 8hrs of sleep athough your right that would be ideal. 6-8 hrs per night is in the healthy range and your gains should be imo the same.

Im dont think you need to slam your body with clomid at the start of your PCT. Ive read some stuff that says up to 300mg for the first couple doses but call me old fashion I'd stick to the 100mg the first 5-7days then 50mg after that.

I run clen post cycle to help me with my energy levels and to burn off that little bit of fat a test cycle usually leaves you with. 2 wks on/off through out the bridge between cycles.

Good luck with your cycle although your young you look to have done your research.

Exactly. I have a full university course load, and a job at the gym. I can't remember the last time I consistently got 8 hours of sleep. ha!

Regarding the Clomid.. I have never really done it before. That plan that I have is taken from a thread I found: "How to Properly Run Clomid." Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll check it definitely look into that. might add a poll to the page. Good luck with your training..

Hey, I'm 35yo and I work full time as a software developer. I also goto university full time (15-18 credits) per semester. I'm also married and have 2 boys. I'm busy as hell from the time I wake until I goto sleep.

About sleep I usually don't get to bed until about 1am each night and I wake up at 7am every morning. So I get about 6hrs per night. My secret is LUNESTA... omg it is the shit. Pop a small pill in 10 min I'm in deep sleep until I wake up. When I don't take it, I sleep but wake up tired in the morning because I didn't a good deep sleep, I sometimes toss/turn etc.. With Lunesta I wake up feeling like it was 12hrs.

I'd recommend trying to get a schedule so you shoot for atleast 6hrs of sleep. And ask your doc about a sleep aid with no side effects. I know sometimes we are up very late studying and have to get up early for work/school. Once in a while is fine, but over the long term your body doesn't get the recovery it needs physically and mentally.

TM

^^ Wow.. haha, you definitely have a LOT going on in your life right now. I actually already take a supplement to help with the sleeping problem: melatonin. I completely try to avoid perscription sleeping pills. (When I was 16 I had insomnia for three weeks straight - worst thing that has ever happened to me - and I got really addicted to lorazepam, and couldn't sleep without it).. so now I just try and keep to natural sleep aids. lol. I definitely don't want to go through that again!!

I do wonder what the effects of prolonged sleep deprivation are on the body..? I mean I do consistently get around 6 hours, but you're right we should be getting 8 hours a night. If you've got any links Thunder I'd be interested in knowing.

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    Thunder knows wats up lol! I also take the lunesta. I added tren A into a cycle and could not sleep for shit. my girls is a nurse and she brought me home some of that and its amazing. I took it for about 10wks and never got addicted. just some of my experience with it. great log by the way bro. get thoes pix rollin

Yes, Lunesta is non-addicted other than the fact that I know I am going to get some good sleep which I like, so I guess I'm addicted to that waking up rested feeling. But many times my script runs out and it might be a few weeks of sleep without it. I have no problem going to sleep, I just feel tired when I wake up.

IMO the best thing about Lunesta is in the evening when I'm in class from like 6pm-9:30pm my mind is fresh and alert. I notice that when I dont use it, my eyes are heavy and I feel real tired in the evening time, like 8pm I'm ready to goto sleep.

But if you have the means, give it a try. About not getting enough sleep, the first that will hit you is a reduced immune system. With your defenses down you're more open to catching a cold.

Everyone will tell you get your muscle gains when you sleep at night. Which is why Casein protein is good right before bed, its a nice long releasing protein to feed yer muscles while you sleep. Also if your on a cycle nothing is worse than getting a cold and missing time in the gym.

FWIW, When I started this cycle, I ask my Dr for a wide spec anti-biotic. Last time I got test flu after my first week, that really sucked. This time I started the anti-biotic the day I started my cycle and after the first week I could feel like I might be getting a cold, but my body won. I will definately being doing this on every future cycle.

TM

Workout Schedule with Max Presses:

Monday: Chest & Triceps
    - Barbell Bench Press (4 x 10-8 reps) MAX: 225 pounds REP: 180-190
    - Incline Bench Press (3 x 8 reps)
    - Decline Bench Press (3 x 8)
    - Dumbbell Flies (2 x 10)
    - Dumbbell Pullover (2 x 12)
    - Tricep Extension (1 x 10, 8, 8, 6) - adding weight -
    - Tricep Dip (3 x 10)
    - Tricep Bench Dip (5 x 10)

Tuesday: Rest Day: Cardio & Abs

Wednesday: Back and Biceps
    - Chin Ups (5 x 8) MAX: 27 reps (with proper form)
    - One Arm Dumbbell Row (3 x 10)
    - Seated Row (3 x 8)
    - Bent over Barbell Row (2 x 8)
    - Lat Pulldown (3 x 10)
    - Standing Barbell Curl (3 x 8)
    - Closed Grip Preacher Curl (3 x 8)
    - Incline Barbell Curl (2 x 12)
    - Concentration Curl (2 x 10)

Thursday: Cardio & Abs

Friday: Shoulders and Forearms
    - Machine Shoulder Press (3 x 10)
    - Dumbbell Reverse Fly (3 x 10)
    - Military Press (4 x 10) Weight = 60 - 65p / per set
    - Dumbbell Lateral Raises (3 x 10)
    - Dumbbell Shrugs (4 x 10) - often supersetted
    - Upright Rows (3 x10)
    - Standing Wrist Curls (4 x 12)
    - Barbell Wrist Curl (4 x 10)

Saturday: Cardio & Abs

Sunday: Legs & Calves
    - Squat (1 x 12, 10, 10, 8, 8) MAX: 260 pounds
    - Leg Extension (3 x 12)
    - Leg Curl (3 x 12)
    - Standing Calf Raise (4 x 15) MAX: 410 pounds
    - Seated Calf Raise (2 x 12)

wow. that took FOREVER to write out. lol. I hope you guys appreciate it!! Anyways, I do lots of exercises at the gym, this is a newer schedule, just switched to it couple of weeks ago, to see if it could produce better gains. I'm going to be cutting out some exercises soon, so I can focus on less exercises, while doing them with better form. Any suggestions, as always, are welcome.

Average time at the gym: 1.5 hours - 2.5 hours. (depends if I decide to study, in between sets / sometimes I also eat / have a shake mid-workout)

ANSWER MY POLL QUESTION AS WELL PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by seriousmass; 01-08-2009 at 03:02 PM.

big_k is offline Associate Member
    seriousmass I'll be watching the log and your results. look good.

Just wondering what you did leading up to it? With respect to eating and lifting.

remember u are only 20, when i was about 18-20 i could get 7 hours and feel fine..now 7 hours and i feel like schitt (im almost 26) so as u get older you need more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by big_k View Post
    seriousmass I'll be watching the log and your results. look good. Just wondering what you did leading up to it? With respect to eating and lifting.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. In highschool I played Division 2 basketball, so from grade 8 we were put into the weight room. When I was 15 I began my first "Jump Training" regiment. Until graduation I focused plyometrics... My vertical jump is 40 inches still.. so it definitely paid off. Since then I have been working a lot on my core and upper body... but I still do throw some plyometris into all my leg / calf workouts.

Ray: How much sleep do you get a night if you don't mind me asking?

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Props for a good thread. Lots of info her for anyone who is starting a cycle...

Good Luck Bro

i get about 8-8.5 hours, but i wake up every day feeling like i need more, i never really feel refreshed, i think it might be my uncomfortable bed. but as i get closer to my cycle time i will start getting more sleep and forcing myself to go to bed sooner.

Thanks K.O. I'm thinking that this might be able to go in Phate's link database: "How to do a first cycle PROPERLY" haha.. something like that..

First injections on Monday. I'm pumped. I've got a question though.. While you're on AAS, could I throw a "Muscle Shock Week" into the 6th, or 7th, week of my cycle? I'm thinking that the quick recovery time on AAS would make it an ideal time. Or am I completely off...? Is it better to just keep workouts constant, while upping the weight on AAS? I found this schedule online, and was thinking about using it, to promote muscle growth.

Monday: Chest & Shoulders
    - Decline Smith Press (2 x 12)
    - Flat Dumbbell Press (4 x 20)
    - Incline Dumbbell Flies (3 x failure)
    - Seated Dumbbell Presses (1 x 25)
    Reverse EZ Bar Presses (1 x failure)
    - Seated Dumbbell Side Laterals (1 x failure)

Tuesday: Legs
    - Leg Press (8 x 25)
    - Leg Curls (2 x 30)
    - Leg Extensions (2 x 30)
    - Leg Curl Machine (3 x failure)

Thursday:Back, Rear Shoulders, Traps
    - Pull-ups (4 x 12)
    - Dead Lifts (3 x 10)
    - Dumbbell Rows (3 x 10)
    - Lat Pulldowns (3 x 10)
    - Bent Over Rear Delt Cable Fly (2 x25)
    - Barbell Shrugs (3 x 12)
    - Seated Dumbbell Rows (3 x 12)

Friday: Arms & Calves
    - Standing Dumbbell Curls (2x10)
    - Dumbbell Drag Curls (1 x 20)
    - Incline Hammer Curls (1 x 15)
    - Closed Grip Benches (1 x 25)
    - Tricep Press Downs (1 x 25)
    - Double Arm Kickbacks (1 x 25)
    - Bench Dips (1 x failure)
    - Seated Calf Raises (3 x 15)
    - Donkey Calf Raises (3 x 15)

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Still no pics?

Shutup_andsquat is offline New Member
    why will you not shoot the 500mg at once? How did u get ur bf measured to be 7%?

Hey boys, my first injection is tomorrow morning. Pretty stoked. Fireguy, I'm going to get some pictures up.. I've got some on my computer, but I just bought one of these new Macbook Aluminum laptops, and I can't find the "paint" program on it. I emailed myself the pics though, so I'm going to try and download them onto a PC at the university tomorrow. Why is technology so complicated hey? haha. Squat: I was planning on injecting twice a week because thats what everyone suggests in essentially every forum I've read. From what I understand, if you inject twice a week @ 250mg, you will be less likely to cause large fluxuations in blood levels, and it can help prevent some side-affects (i.e. less acne on my back, etc..) Body fat was measured @ the gym with a digital (calipher??) I don't know if thats the right name lol sorry.

Thanks for answering the poll question as well.. the overwhelming majority agreed that running Clomid: 100mg / 50 / 50 / 50, is a more effective dosage for PCT. So I guess I'm going to follow the advice, and run Clomid that way in my PCT.
    Last edited by seriousmass; 01-11-2009 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midg3t View Post
    Dam everything on the diet portion looks great. btw how old are you if you dont mind me asking? and also some before pics would be great.
    You mean hes not really waldo?

^^ Waldo is going to be huge, his newfound mass will help a lot with locating him. Give him a month! hahaha.

Just injected after my mid-day meal this morning into the glute. I was pretty nervous.. the needles begins to look massive when you get down to it!! haha. Anyways, it didn't hurt at all, and no pain yet.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information