wizard is offline New Member

Here's what to expect from 1st Cycle... Photos (+24lbs)

Just finished my first cycle ever... 35 yrs old. Goals: increase strength, mass, (leanness not really priority at this point)

Height 6'
    Starting weight: 190 lbs
    12 weeks later: 214

Weeks 1-6: winstrol 1/4 tab twice/day
    weeks 6-12: 500mg Cyp Test/week

(Interesting winny considered girls/cutting drug, I gained almost 12 lbs on that alone.)

Workout: All excercises 3 sets of 12-15 reps, increasing weight every workout.
    Day 1: Push Day
    Shoulder press, incline press, bench press, dips, dumbell side raises, upright rows, tricep pulldowns

Day 2: Pull
    Front squats, leg ext, leg curls, sumo dead lifts, Lat pulldown, Rows, bicep curls, dumbell curls, reverse curls, chin ups
    one or two days break, then repeat... no cardio

Strength: Ridiculous strength gains, most excercises I doubled my usual weight by the end of the 12 weeks.

Diet: 200-300 g protein daily (up to half from shakes)
    3000+ calories/day
    Tried to eat every 3 hours, but other than that honestly ate pretty dirty, fast food including Mcdonalds a few times a week... snacks-chips candy etc (just made sure to have protein with everything I ate - I am a hard gainer though tough for me to gain weight)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here's what to expect from 1st Cycle... Photos (+24lbs)-front.jpg   Here's what to expect from 1st Cycle... Photos (+24lbs)-frontflex.jpg  

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    You should rename this thread,
    "This is what to expect from 1st cycle when you are dont know how to train or diet properly"

This is exactly the reason so many people on hear advocate having years of natural training and diet under your belt before even thinking about doing AAS.

To be completely honest with your results would be subpar for a guy who was training natural. If you are serious about getting some results visit the diet and workout sections, I think you will be amazed what kind of changes you can make when those two things are set up correctly.

Blog Entries
    that cycle was poorly planned and executed, exspecialy for a first cycle....check out the educational threads man....lots to learn...

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    You should rename this thread,
    "This is what to expect from 1st cycle when you are dont know how to train or diet properly"

This is exactly the reason so many people on hear advocate having years of natural training and diet under your belt before even thinking about doing AAS.

To be completely honest with your results would be subpar for a guy who was training natural. If you are serious about getting some results visit the diet and workout sections, I think you will be amazed what kind of changes you can make when those two things are set up correctly.
    lol that a boy.

Reaver. is offline Junior Member
    between 200 - 300 grams of protein a day? and you ate lots of shit food..

I have no problem with protein shakes if taken properly with fats + fiber to slow down absorption, but I'm going to assume this wasn't the case with you.

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    not tryin to flame u--but i could gain 30lbs in half that time if i ate like that--with no drugs

Thanks fireguy ya you're right that should be the title, basically what I was trying to say lol (well not the training part... my trainer's 20 yrs in the business sorry I respect him more than you who I don't know)
    I'm not bragging about my results... subpar or whatever I obv know that... just posting for those who are going to cycle without 100% strict diet which is 90% the people I know who are using... I'm just being honest about what I ate, thought someone might be interested...

I'm eating really clean now that I'm off and will continue doing so through next cycle (which is not for a while)...
    Last edited by wizard; 02-10-2010 at 04:34 PM.

diet is key---hopefully u found that out---i learned the same way

I'll clarify my "dirty" diet as well...

typical day:
    meal 1: one cup egg whites 1 small scoop protein 1 shredded wheat biscuit with skim milk (or oatmeal)
    meal 2: 2 eggs, 3 oz lean/no fat ham 1 slice whole wheat bread dry
    meal 3: salmon filet 3oz with zuchini/other veg's
    meal 4: one cup egg white 1 scoop protein post workout
    meal 5: dinner - 5 oz sirloin steak w/baked potato butter sour cream
    meal 6: egg whites/protein scoop or lobster tail/fish filet/etc.
    protein shake before bed

I'd eat snacks in moderation - chocolate bar or chips a few times a week...

approx 2 times a week my meal 3 would be a Mcdonalds quarter pounder burger or Edo sukiyaki beef
    3 times a week my meal 5 would be restaurant meal of some kind (something reasonably healthy.)

CanYouDigIt is offline Banned
    buddy, in the first photo or /precycle you look like someone who lived under a rock for years, without knowing what working out was, and second picture you look like someone who has trained for 2 months with /creatine.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt View Post
    buddy, in the first photo or /precycle you look like someone who lived under a rock for years, without knowing what working out was, and second picture you look like someone who has trained for 2 months with /creatine.
    lol...

But to the OP, congrats anyway on your results. At least this can be a learning experience to research more and learn how to run these powerful hormones more safely in the future. And your trainer might have 20 years in the PT business world but i bet he has not one day in the steroid world.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Thanks fireguy ya you're right that should be the title, basically what I was trying to say lol (well not the training part... my trainer's 20 yrs in the business sorry I respect him more than you who I don't know)A few more years and he will have as many as me.
    I'm not bragging about my results... subpar or whatever I obv know that... just posting for those who are going to cycle without 100% strict diet which is 90% the people I know who are usingI can promise you the the percentage of guys eating clean around here is much higher than 10%... I'm just being honest about what I ate, thought someone might be interested...I think it's a great thread and glad you posted it. I felt kinda bad after my initial response, I didnt want to come across as flaming you but I thought it was a great example of how drugs without diet dont yield good results

I'm eating really clean now that I'm off and will continue doing so through next cycle (which is not for a while)...Glad to hear that, I think with a good diet and a significant amount of cardio you are going to look much better.
    Looking forward to seeing what kind of progress you make going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt View Post
    Thank you for your extremely helpful and incredibly insightful observations... you make this forum a much better place! keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what kind of progress you make going forward.
    Nothing but respect fireguy.. thanks for your honest (but helpful) responses... I'll try to update my progress often...

bro you look like a holocaust victim in your picture.

lovestospooge23 is offline Associate Member
    i think ppl are being a lil harsh on u wiz, honestly ur cycle specs sucked but at least u used what u had pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by lovestospooge23 View Post
    i think ppl are being a lil harsh on u wiz, honestly ur cycle specs sucked but at least u used what u had pretty well.
    he definitely looks better no doubt, but obviously could of made the same gains with some diet. Saved some money learned some stuff too.

lovestospooge23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    he definitely looks better no doubt, but obviously could of made the same gains with some diet. Saved some money learned some stuff too.
    ehhh i wouldn't go that far... all i can say is this if he was training natty and got those gains, i'd say he has a very good future in being a pro bodybuilder. if he did a decent cycle like dropping the winny and just doing a straight 12 week test e 500mg a week i would of given him a thumbs up on his results, basicly he chose a shitty gun but at least he used it decent
    Last edited by lovestospooge23; 02-11-2010 at 12:15 AM.

ehhh i wouldn't go that far... all i can say is this if he was training natty and got those gains, i'd say he has a very good future in being a pro bodybuilder. if he did a decent cycle like dropping the winny and just doing a straight 12 week test e 500mg a week i would of given him a thumbs up on his results, basicly he chose a shitty gun but at least he used it decent
    I would have to totally disagree. I do not see that much of a change honestly. We have already seen huge improvements with other members here that have changes dramatically natty and i would not go as far as to say they have a future as pro body builders.

Honestly this is why we tell people learn, read, get a good diet going, good work out routine and his your max naturally or close to it.

I gotta 2nd BJ Penn on this one. How in the world did you ever arrive at this conclusion? My avi pic is before any AAS usage whatsoever and I have yet to even win a state level show.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Agree with FG and bjpenn!! People underestimate the power of proper nutrition and training. With proper nutrition and training he could have gotten bigger than what he is now without the use of AAS.

DangerDave is offline Associate Member
    People dont seem to understand that the gear is not whats gonna make you big, solid and consistent training and diet will. The gear is the 'supplement' in a sense

i think lovestospooge was just trying to make him feel better---i think the op learned his lesson---just in case he didnt, diet is everything

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    all i can say is this if he was training natty and got those gains, i'd say he has a very good future in being a pro bodybuilder.
    This is the least intelligent thing I've read online all week.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

crazypat123 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    haha x2 nark

BPack10 is offline New Member
    I am training a 33 year old hockey player at the gym. He is 5 feet 6 inches tall and came to me eight months ago weighing 170. I put him on a nutrition program and basic lifting program. Today he is 195, his bench went from 200-315, squat 225-425x5, deadlift 275-425x5. He's never used gear and was new to lifting. My point is, like others said, get your basics down and put in your time. The guy I'm training is no genetic mutatant but is far from his natural potential. I would never recommend him to even think about gear until he taps out his natural potential. Good luck...

Wayacrucis is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BPack10 View Post
    I am training a 33 year old hockey player at the gym. He is 5 feet 6 inches tall and came to me eight months ago weighing 170. I put him on a nutrition program and basic lifting program. Today he is 195, his bench went from 200-315, squat 225-425x5, deadlift 275-425x5. He's never used gear and was new to lifting. My point is, like others said, get your basics down and put in your time. The guy I'm training is no genetic mutatant but is far from his natural potential. I would never recommend him to even think about gear until he taps out his natural potential. Good luck...
    Do you think a regular guy with no lifting experience can squat 225? The person u were trainning BEGAN with a 225 squat. OP was MUCH skinner than ur average joe, I doubt he could even squat 95lbs. Evidently he didn't have the best diet planned out, but comparing an athlete that started with a 225 squat to this guy is an atrocious argument in order to prove anything.

stokedv is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    Wow

BadNewsBerto is offline Associate Member
    wow, talk about flaming!! peeps on this forum are relentless.

Damn!

25lbs is a respectable gain. whys everyone so quick to jump on this guy?

Some rage issues up in here, lol

Dont even sweat it bro

Keep 20 of it, and laugh it off

CJG560 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayacrucis View Post
    Do you think a regular guy with no lifting experience can squat 225?
    Depends on what you mean by regular. If you mean a fat ass couch jockey who's last workout was 20 years ago in high school, your right. If you mean you average guy who takes pride in being fit and non-obese then I think your wrong. I go to a terrible L.A. Fitness with no real BB'ers in attendance and I would estimate more than half the mature males (non-couch jockeys) can squat four plates. I can and I am a lazy bastard.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    lots of fkn aholes on here.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsBerto;5071***
    25lbs is a respectable gain.
    Lemme guess. You wasted your money on gear too right?
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Ok question??:

Typical first 12 week cycle gains on test range from 10 - 30 lbs (sometimes more) (taken from another post by Fireguy)

I only did 6 weeks of test, (6 weeks of winny which is not typically for cutting) why is 25lbs gain so "subpar"?
    What would "decent/normal" results be?

(I'm really only here to learn more, so for those in this thread who are going for highest post count record
    Useful information only please!)

big l is offline Junior Member
    I'm new too but to clarify they are just saying you should have tried lifting naturally for a while first and reach something around your natural limit before you started taking steroids . Why take steroids when you can make the same gains naturally? Once you reach your natural limit then hit some steroids. Its just kind of a waste of a first cycle. No big deal. I think if your happy and you learned some shit for the future then good for you.

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Quote Originally Posted by big l;50***83
    I'm new too but to clarify they are just saying you should have tried lifting naturally for a while first and reach something around your natural limit before you started taking steroids. Why take steroids when you can make the same gains naturally? Once you reach your natural limit then hit some steroids. Its just kind of a waste of a first cycle. No big deal. I think if your happy and you learned some shit for the future then good for you.
    Hit the nail right on the head.

All the flaming remarks are basically saying you look like you never touched a weight in your life.

Dave_chameau is offline New Member
    When i'll do my first cycle I hope the result will be way better then yours. On another side you didn't look like you had a good base to start with so I guess it still is good progress

DaBullet is offline Associate Member
    AAS are not the miracle to a great body although they can help you get there. I am 29 and have been training for about 14 years without taking anything yet, I really didnt feel ready for it before but I do now. When people jump on it and think they are going to get awesome body you are sadly mistaken. Educate yourself or at least put some time in the gym before jumping on anything and have a solid base to start. One of my friends saw that I was working out pretty hard and liked my physique and started on some sauce and I will give it to him he got huge bigger than me and alot of people at the gym gained like a good 60 lbs of solid muscle with in 2 years and unfortunitly ended up passing away from liver problems, he was only 23 years old and only for trying to get ahead of the game without knowing what he was doing. I aint saying these arent good stuff but know what you are doing, I know I have done my research and time in the gym and feel I am ready for my first round.

Thread Information