Blaz Kavlic is offline Associate Member

Maiden Cycle by Blaz - Test Enanthate

Stats

Height: 5'11"
    Weight 89kg
    Bodyfat: About 12%
    Years Lifting: A few, but seriously for the last 2
    Cycle Experience: Nil

Before I get this log underway, I just want to give a big shout out to boxa06 for all his help and support over the last few months. His results and log are an inspiration to us all and what is achievable with some discipline and hard work. On ya mate!

Right, so i've been lifting a few years now solidly and have got a good routine in place. I've chipped away at my workouts and diet, and researched AAS for a good couple of years now so i'm ready to do this. This is my first cycle and i'm keeping it simple to see what transpires and how my body reacts. I already have a decent physique so i'm told so i'm hoping this cycle will give me an extra 7-8kg of lean mass post-PCT. My aim is to be up around the 96kg mark and 9% bf. If I can achieve this result i'll be stoked with my efforts.

Cycle is:

Weeks 1-12: 400mg test e (200mg administered twice weekly)
    Weeks 5-14: HCG 250iu twice weekly
    Weeks 15-19: Clomid 100/100/50/50/50
    Weeks 15-19: Nolva 40/40/20/20/20

I've A-dex and Letro on hand but I doubt I will use the Letro and will stick with just the A-dex. No idea if i'm gyno prone but i'll soon find out.

My current split is:

Mon - Chest, triceps
    Tues - Back, biceps
    Wed - Legs, abs
    Thurs - Shoulders
    Fri - off
    Sat - Full body
    Sun - Off

Day 1
    Friday I took my first shot in the quad before work and was surprised at how easy the pin just glided in. I barely felt a thing. Was walking ok most of the morning but then up around lunch a cork started to develop. Nothing too bothersome but it did progress into somewhat of a nuisance over the weekend but in all honesty it didnt really bother me 'cause I was just too amped!

Day 2
    Saturday morning I went into the gym and did a full body workout. I've really started to up the intensity of the workouts now i'm on and pushed it hard in there with my lifts. I've had no motivation problems over the last 2 years going natty but now my motivation is just bursting at the seams. Yeehaw!

Saturday arvo I went down the coast for the night with the missus and I think I did pretty well keeping my diet in check. Took a few tins of tuna and a shake and ordered a few rounds of boiled eggs for breaky while she sat there devoured some blueberry pancakes with ice-cream.
    Last edited by Blaz Kavlic; 02-07-2012 at 05:52 AM.

Day 3

Sunday was a rest day. Just aimed to keep my protein up and did a monster grocery shop and some food prep for the next few days consisting of several days' of brown rice, boiled eggs, and broccoli. My flatmate came home with a pizza, Pringles, and six pack of beeries but I turned the other cheek and focused on my nutrition.

Day 4

Was just amped all day to get into the gym. Ate like a horse at work and the admin girls' curiosity has certainly piqued as I sit there demolishing boiled chicken and broccoli at 11am and then more chicken breast and brown rice 2 hours later. Did a hard as nails session on chest and tris and got the most insane pumps! I'm really trying to go heavy on my last set using the pyramid system. My reps are lower but i'm just charging in there. Cant wait to see some strength increases 'cause I really feel I've plateaued with some of my lifts. Did some treadmill cardio after my workout and then went home and took my second shot in the other quad. Again, no issues which is great though I may have something to say tomorrow when the corkage sets in, heh. For dinner I tucked into some tuna, steak, and broccoli which has become really quite easy to down over the last 6-8 months. Back and biceps tomorrow.

stillernation is offline Junior Member
    Pics?

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    I've been waiting for this thread for months! Thanks for the shout out bro good luck with everything and hope all goes well! I'll be following! You gonna post the diet you'll be following on this thread?

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Yeww! Here we go! Good luck, I'm subbed

mrbradg is offline Junior Member
    I've learned from boxa06s posts myself and have seen you stay on top of all these posts gaining knowledge just like me. Best of luck friend! Kill it and I'm right behind ya! Subscribed!

Sent from my iPad using Forum

little men is offline Associate Member
    Boxa rocks, always happy to help others out.
    Good luck Blaz will be following and looking forward to seeing how you come up.

Cheers for the encouragement lads.

Day 5

Today's weigh in - 89kg (196lbs).

Had a rather below par day today. My knee surgeon delivered some shit news that I have a minor tear in the meniscus of my left knee. I'm f**king gutted 'cause I just had surgery for the same problem on my right knee last August and 6 months later my otherwise strong left knee shits itself. Its derailed my cardio plans a bit but I can still cycle (pushbike) and there's no pain 'cause its only minor but I have to get the problem fixed before I wear away too much cartilage. I'm not certain what position this puts me in for training legs but as long as I dont do any twisting movements I should be right. I went to the clinic before gym so I was in filthy mood when I was working out but still managed to maintain focus on what I was there for and had a solid back and bicep workout. Diet was great today and consisted of:

Meal 1
    6 egg whites
    50g oats
    1 scoop whey
    5g creatine
    3 fish oil caps

Meal 2
    Half tub cottage cheese
    Large tin of tuna

Meal 3
    220g boiled chicken breast
    1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 4 - Post workout
    60g oats
    2 scoops whey

Meal 5
    300g kangaroo steak
    1/2 cup broccoli

Meal 6
    1/2 tub cottage cheese
    1 scoop casein
    2 fish oil caps

I normally try and squeeze in another meal of chicken and veg between meals 2 and 3 here but I was conducting interviews at work today and got a bit snowed under. Otherwise i'm pretty stoked so far. I managed to control the temptation of dropping a handful of $1 Mars Bars into my shopping basket at Coles this evening so I reckon i'm on the right path. I'll post a full diet with macros in the next few days.
    Last edited by Blaz Kavlic; 02-08-2012 at 04:42 AM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Nice to see you have started a log, cycle looks good.
    Not sure about the full body workout on a sat, personally this is a waste IMHO,
    Also you need to eat more carbs if you want to lay down some lean tissue,

Best of luck,

hey bro diet looks solid and the carbs are timed correctly but i'd have to agree with marcus that your carbs are on the low side. don't be scared to bump em up especially when you're on test as your glycogen storage capacity within the muscles will actually increase.

also in regards to training why don't you drop the full body and start the rotation again so that you're hitting the muscles groups more frequently as your recovery will be unbelievable soon trust me..

anyways just some suggestions that i hope may help bro

Quote Originally Posted by little men
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbradg
    I've learned from boxa06s posts myself and have seen you stay on top of all these posts gaining knowledge just like me. Best of luck friend! Kill it and I'm right behind ya! Subscribed!

Box!! You have a fan club haha

Quote Originally Posted by mrbradg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by little men View Post
    thanks for the mention guys

Quote Originally Posted by dooie View Post
    lol you wonna join!?

stpete is offline Banned
    Looks good to me.

Good Luck

Thank you again all. I'll try and put in as much info about what i'm doing regarding diet and training so if you experienced blokes can give me some advice on changes etc along the way, i'd be stoked!

I have have been iffing and ahh-ing about my carb intake 'cause obviously I dont wanna put on too much fat. I've got 2 jumbo sweet potatoes in the pantry so I might add a serving to the mid morning meal of chicken and broccoli. I'm going to go over my cals spreadsheet tonight which i'll post a bit later on.

Quote Originally Posted by boxa06

lol you wonna join!?
    :O Can I??

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    looking forward to following, blaz. looks like the start of a good cycle and log. keep us updated , diet and doses look about right, and you mentioned before your training was close to what i was doing at the time, which i know first hand to be effective :] work hard and itll pay off, man.

haha lol, more an acknowledgement of a member who has gone out of his way to inform and educate when he otherwise has had no obligation too.

Blaz sweet potatoes are the best, i put them chopped up in a tray and i put lean meat or chicken, onions, some pumpkin, drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper and herbs in a baking tray and roast in the oven, tastes so good and you have lunch for the next day.

:O Can I??
    Ok but you'll have to pass the initiation hahaha

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    haha lol, more an acknowledgement of a member who has gone out of his way to inform and educate when he otherwise has had no obligation too.

Blaz sweet potatoes are the best, i put them chopped up in a tray and i put lean meat or chicken, onions, some pumpkin, drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper and herbs in a baking tray and roast in the oven, tastes so good and you have lunch for the next day.
    doesnt sound bad i LOVE sweet potatoes.. shit i usually just slice one up into thin slices and put some water in a frying pan and cook em up til theyre warm and tender and theyre deeeeelicious.. dont even have to add anything to em.. my typical lunch is 8 oz of some type of lean meat, usually either tilapia or ground turkey, 4 oz on 2 slices of bread and 4 oz on another 2 slices, slice of cheese on both, either some salad or some broccoli, and a sweet potato cooked as i stated.. deeeelicious good for about 60g protein and 800-900 clean cals.. its always the meal i have about an hour-hour and a half after my post w/o shake

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Not sure about the full body workout on a sat, personally this is a waste IMHO,
    Quote Originally Posted by boxa06 View Post
    also in regards to training why don't you drop the full body and start the rotation again so that you're hitting the muscles groups more frequently as your recovery will be unbelievable soon trust me..
    Should I just start chest/triceps again on Saturday and concentrate on the muscle groups as per the split?

Quote Originally Posted by ajordana View Post
    looking forward to following, blaz. looks like the start of a good cycle and log. keep us updated , diet and doses look about right, and you mentioned before your training was close to what i was doing at the time, which i know first hand to be effective :] work hard and itll pay off, man.
    Thanks bro. I'm right into it. I hope everything is smooth sailing for you too!

Mate this is just like what i've made tonight! Recipe to come.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaz Kavlic View Post
    Should I just start chest/triceps again on Saturday and concentrate on the muscle groups as per the split?
    No you will need more rest to repair, you can either take sat and sun off and repeat split on Monday or put a rest day in on weds and repeat split from sun.

You need to eat more carbs, you want to gain tissue and keep the new found tissue then you really need to eat more and as your weight increases increase the cals to suit.

Day 6

Had a rest day today 'cause originally today was supposed to be legs day but i'm still procrastinating about what to do here. My legs are the body part that I am most happy with at the moment so i'm not too concerned. I had to go to my regular doc and get my bloodwork results after work anyways and the good news is everything is top notch he said. Blood count, thyroid, liver/kidney function, cholesterol, test levels etc are all great so i'm relieved to hear this. Just gonna take it easy tonight and watch K-Fed burn off his beer gut on TV. Massive shoulder session pencilled in for tomorrow. Just bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    No you will need more rest to repair, you can either take sat and sun off and repeat split on Monday or put a rest day in on weds and repeat split from sun.

You need to eat more carbs, you want to gain tissue and keep the new found tissue then you really need to eat more and as your weight increases increase the cals to suit.
    Cheers Marcus. Thursday is usually shoulders day and Friday a rest day, so I could use Friday and Saturday as rest days and then start the split again on Sunday. What's your view on this?

Recipe of the day

Needed to refuel on something a little different this evening and give the chicken breast, kangaroo, and rice a rest so I made a very basic combination of lean cuts of beef with mixed veg tonight that went down superbly using this recipe:

200g lean cut of steak cut into cubes
    250g sweet potato
    150g pumpkin
    1 onion
    1 green pepper
    rosemary
    rock salt

Just basically diced all the veggies up, mixed them together and put them on a baking tray with the steak. Drizzled some olive oil over the top and seasoned with rock salt and rosemary. Baked at 225 degrees celcius for 30 minutes and it was outstanding. Works out to be around 700 cals - 75g P, 75g C, 11g F.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Up your carbs till you find your sweet spot. You need to add more carbs in meals 2 and 5 of post #8.

Just a suggestion of workout split(for a weak point of either chest/tri/delt, obviously move around if you want to target a specific group)

Monday-Chest,delts,tri's
    Tues-Quads, Hams
    Wed-rest
    Thurs-Back,bi's
    Fri-weak point (eg delts) and Calves
    Sat-rest
    Sun-rest

I don't really like the idea of a cycle with a torn meniscus, what grade tear is it?

Oh look at those $1 mars bars in disgust, that crap shouldn't even be on the radar.

Good luck, I will be following.

Recipe of the day

Needed to refuel on something a little different this evening and give the chicken breast, kangaroo, and rice a rest so I made a very basic combination of lean cuts of beef with mixed veg tonight that went down superbly using this recipe:

200g lean cut of steak cut into cubes
    250g sweet potato
    150g pumpkin
    1 onion
    1 green pepper
    rosemary
    rock salt

Just basically diced all the veggies up, mixed them together and put them on a baking tray with the steak. Drizzled some olive oil over the top and seasoned with rock salt and rosemary. Baked at 225 degrees celcius for 30 minutes and it was outstanding. Works out to be around 700 cals - 75g P, 75g C, 11g F.
    sounds good, im craving it now lol, yeah i do the same when im ova the other foods, another idea if you get bored lately for lunch and dinner ive been doing about 100g raw spinach with some oil and balsamic vinegar and 2 chicken breasts diced and steamed with a splash of water in a pan with the lid on till cooked. then i put some balsamic vinegar in a glass about a teaspoon of mustard seeds, salt and pepper and put it on just b4 i plate it and comes up really good.

yea this is what i personally did for the first 8 weeks and it worked for me but see how you feel. if you're still saw wait until the test kicks in and you'll be recovering in 2 days!

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    Up your carbs till you find your sweet spot. You need to add more carbs in meals 2 and 5 of post #8.

Just a suggestion of workout split(for a weak point of either chest/tri/delt, obviously move around if you want to target a specific group)

Monday-Chest,delts,tri's
    Tues-Quads, Hams
    Wed-rest
    Thurs-Back,bi's
    Fri-weak point (eg delts) and Calves
    Sat-rest
    Sun-rest

I don't really like the idea of a cycle with a torn meniscus, what grade tear is it?

Oh look at those $1 mars bars in disgust, that crap shouldn't even be on the radar.

Good luck, I will be following.
    Thanks for the input auslifta. Its great to have ideas and suggestions come in from different board members. I've added some more carbs into my diet which i'll post shortly with macros so you guys can have a look.

I was planning to switch my split in a couple of weeks but i havent decided on what to switch to and this one you've posted looks alright I think.

Its only a very minor tear and I can barely feel it. Its certainly not affecting my lifting at the moment.

Day 7

Today's weigh in: 90kg - 198lbs

Had close to the best shoulders workout i've ever had tonight. Totally smashed it and was just wrecked when I left the gym. One week in i'm feeling really good with energy levels up and sleep being pretty good every night. Increased carbs considerably today with total cals up around 3500.

Some before pics blaz?

Maka is offline Junior Member
    I'm following mate. Train hard, eat, rest and the results will come!

Quote Originally Posted by dooie
    Some before pics blaz?
    Yes pics!

Also, what made you decide to do 200mg twice a week rather than once a week at 400? Just curious.

Nice log Blaz, good luck and I'll be following.

I'm gonna go ahead and beat a dead horse and mention again to make sure you're eating enough carbs. I think you'll be really surprised at how many complex carbs you can eat while on cycle without gaining fat.

IMO, carbs are by far the most important part of diet in regard to adding muscle mass (aside from total cals).

Good luck and keep this updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Nice log Blaz, good luck and I'll be following.

I'm gonna go ahead and beat a dead horse and mention again to make sure you're eating enough carbs. I think you'll be really surprised at how many complex carbs you can eat while on cycle without gaining fat.

IMO, carbs are by far the most important part of diet in regard to adding muscle mass (aside from total cals).

Good luck and keep this updated!
    Thanks Sarge. I'm really surprised at my appetite at the moment - its just through the roof. I've got some good sources that i'm eating daily (brown rice, sweet potato) and i'm aiming for around 3500 cals per day which is approximately 500 above TDEE.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbradg View Post
    Also, what made you decide to do 200mg twice a week rather than once a week at 400? Just curious.
    Easier to pin a smaller amount twice a week than a larger amount once and it'll keep the blood levels more stable once it works its magic.

I'll try and get some pics up tonight lads. Stay tuned.

I'll try and get some pics up tonight lads. Stay tuned.
    Get your girl to take em lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information