Thread: First Cycle

blue28 is offline Junior Member

First Cycle

After endless reading mainly on this forum I am still undecided as to what I should do. It's my first ever cycle and I'm going to be taking Test En. Ive read that with taking it I should be taking HCG and an ai such as Arimidex along with it and then a PCT of Nolvadex . However I've also read that with it being my first time I should just take the Test En and then see how my body reacts and if needed take HCG and an ai. Then run a PCT at the end of the cycle. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    With all the endless reading....I'm curious why you wouldn't take an AI? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just wondering what has led you to that conclusion?

MickeyKnox is offline Banned

Because I've read on other sites by numerous people that on their first cycle they only took Test and adjusted accordingly to what they had to. Personally I am pretty much 100% going to run ai and HCG just to be on the safe side but when you read other things it kinda puts other ideas in your head! Thanks for that link Mickey, should I take HCG a day before my Test injections? Seems strange that my first ever injection isn't going to be Test but the HCG. Also in terms of the injections...Monday and Thursdays seem to be the most common choice but will it matter if I were to say do Thursday and Sunday (just so my missus doesn't find out, as it'll be impossible to pin on a Monday!!)

Youre welcome.

Any 3.5 day protocol is fine.

With a long ester and no oral, you can start your hCG in the second wk.

Thanks ever so much.

Anytime Blue.

And make sure you include your AI as MuscleInk suggested!

Quote Originally Posted by blue28
    Because I've read on other sites by numerous people that on their first cycle they only took Test and adjusted accordingly to what they had to. Personally I am pretty much 100% going to run ai and HCG just to be on the safe side but when you read other things it kinda puts other ideas in your head! Thanks for that link Mickey, should I take HCG a day before my Test injections? Seems strange that my first ever injection isn't going to be Test but the HCG. Also in terms of the injections...Monday and Thursdays seem to be the most common choice but will it matter if I were to say do Thursday and Sunday (just so my missus doesn't find out, as it'll be impossible to pin on a Monday!!)
    What's the dose of your test and your planned weekly volume or volume per injection?

Mickey's links are fantastic guides.

It's 500mg per week split into 2. I can't get Aromasin so will be taking Aromadix with the Test

Arimidex , stupid predictive text!

Arimidex, stupid predictive text!
    It's better to start with Adex anyway. Effective and less harsh than exemestane.

Ok cool. Thanks. I'm just about set to start which will be after the new year. Is there any good threads as to good workout routines and diet while in a particular cycle?

Ok cool. Thanks. I'm just about set to start which will be after the new year. Is there any good threads as to good workout routines and diet while in a particular cycle?
    Check the nutrition section. You should have your nutrition plan set long before you cycle. Proper nutrition is what sets you up for success and ensures gains are sustainable. Without it, you will fail.

You should have a good training regimen under you for at least a year before you cycle.

I've been training for a good 6 years now. My diet for the past 3 years has been very clean so I have a good understanding. It's come to a time now where although I'm happy with the results of all the effort I've put in...I want to go that step further. Whenever I've trained I've always changed my workout routine every 4-6 weeks. When being on cycle do you think this is necessary or would you say keep the same program throughout my cycle?

Fwiw, I change up every 5-6 wks on or off cycle.

Thanks. I notice on one of the beginners cycles that Dianabol is included. I've been advised for my first ever cycle to stick to just Test. Would there be any harm in introducing the Dianabol at any point?

Sticking with testosterone only the first time you use is highly recommended for the simple fact you have no idea how your body will respond to exogenous testosterone. So its best not to include an oral.

The Dbol cycle is a Beginners Cycle Plus. It's still considered a beginner, but with the added oral.

I see. The Dianabol can wait then at least till I finish my first cycle. Appreciate the advice, thanks.

Anytime bro. Good luck.

Thread Information