biggjd69 is offline Associate Member

Advice on being ready for cycle or more work

Need your guys expert advice, which you guys always give me. I attached some pics but I want to give a quick rundown. I am 43 years old, I have been lifting since age 29 but as you can see was doing it wrong nutritionally. Always strong as hell in the gym but develop a high bf%, last November 2012 decide to do something different and lower my bodyfat because I wanted to start a cycle of Test E and today here is the results. Went from 253 down to 208 right now. There are a few areas that I need to tighten up but it just seems to go a little slower as we get older. My question is should I continue with my current diet/cardio/weightlift plan to tighten those areas or could I go ahead and start a cycle of Test? I know you gonna ask, but the blood work is fine and I am on top of the nutrition part, just tweaks here and there. But I can always gain more knowledge from you guys in all areas. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advice on being ready for cycle or more work-553356_10151508300529346_86181683_n.jpg   Advice on being ready for cycle or more work-image12.jpeg  

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    First of all, feels pretty good to have something to show for all the hard work, doesn't it? I'd recommend dropping the body fat % a little more if you can. Body fat and taking testosterone don't mix too well. When your body metabolizes testosterone (called Aromatization) some of it will break down into Estradiol (estrogen), and there is a definite correlation between your body fat % and how much estradiol your body will produce as a result of consuming (aromatizing) the testosterone. So the lower your body fat%, the lower the risk of this happening. You can get a body fat caliper so you can track your progress for around $25 on the web.

This isn't the only side effect you risk running with too high body fat%, but you get the idea. The problem with too much E is many

*risk of developing "gyno" (lumps under nipples, and the overall feminine appearance)
    *painful nipples
    *reduced libido
    *ED
    *slows down progress in the gym
    *impacts memory function
    *blood clots/heart attack/stroke

Your body fat % isn't too far off. I recommend a target of 15%. Looks like you are 18/19%, something like that (hard to tell)

So I'd say you are only a few months away, and with some hard work, you'll be ready.

When you get there, maybe a 12 week cycle of test c or e, at 500mg/week would be a good first cycle for you.

Dont' forget your AI while on cycle (aromatize inhibitor), and a good solid PCT post cycle, to make sure your natural test production comes back as quickly as possible.

I probably should have asked this up front, but with this proposed cycle, what are your goals?

Good luck!
    ---Roman

Thanks Times Roman. First, you are 100% percent correct. My bodyfat is at 19% and my goal is too get ripped with that full look. The only example of I could give you is the the current look Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson have, but not as Big because I am only 6'0 Tall but you get the idea

The "quickest" way to achieve your goal is to bulk, then cut, bulk and cut, until you get to your goal.

However, some, self included, don't like the see-saw with the body fat %, so shoot more for a clean bulk, which takes longer and is more gradual. Best way to do that is maybe only 500 cals above your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).

Easiest way to calculate your TDEE is LBM x 15. Definitely a "rough" rule of thumb, and will require some tweeks, but gives you a good basis for where to begin.

Calculate TDEE like this

208 x (1.0 - .19) x 15

208 x .81 x 15

168 x 15 = 2527 cals

So 2527 cals is your starting point, and if were to bump that to say, 3027 when you are ready for a clean bulk, that might get you going. And if it looks like you are putting on too much BF%, then drop it down 100 cals a day and see what that does for you. And if gains are coming too slowly and you are NOT picking up BF%, then maybe bump it up 100 cals. this is not an exact science as everybody is a little different...

And you know about your macros split?
    Last edited by Times Roman; 06-07-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: all thumbs today

Yes, I do know about macros split. So you are saying I should go with the clean bulk right now or when I get ready to begin a cycle?

wait until you get down to 15%, and then run a clean bulk with the cycle. Right now, you should be cutting and hitting the cardio for a few months til you hit the 15% target.

reason I prefer a clean bulk (I'm 51) is that the older you get, the harder it is to get the fat off. So I like to try and just keep it off all together.

BeastBro66 is offline Junior Member
    Nice job Bigg. Keep up the good work.

RipOwens is offline Member
    Yeah man, great job getting your weight down that much! Doin awesome!

Thanks a lot guy and thank you Times Roman for all the info

Thread Information