Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Female's First Anavar Cycle

amar306 is offline Female Member

Female's First Anavar Cycle

Hey guys!

I've been poking around this site for quite a while now trying to learn as much as I can. I recently decided to "go to the dark side" as some might say, starting with the mild Oxandrolone.

I started last night with 5mg just to introduce it to my system. Today I took 10mg, half in the morning with breakfast and the other half before training.

Depending how I feel I may bump it up to 12.5, then 15mg in a few weeks. I'm going to take it slow, though I must admit I'm having a hard time taking such a small dose since these pills are so f-ing small!! Its a wonder so little could do so much.

Stats:
    22 years old
    2 years of Consistent Training
    131.2lbs
    17% BF

Other Supplements:
    Multi-Vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Vitamin C
    Super food (hard to get in all my greens)

Goals:
    To gain as much mass as possible with the cycle.

I'm expecting some side effects the first week (like stomach pain and/or lack of appetite) and if this is true then I may just milk it and use the first week to lean up just a tad.

Diet:

Training Days -
    Meal 1: 3 egg whites, 2 whole

Meal 2: 5oz. chicken breast/fish/steak

Meal 3: Pre workout shake - 20g Whey, Lucine, beta alanine, glutamine, BCAAs, Jack3d, etc.

Meal 4: Post workout shake - 30g Hydrolyzed Whey, 40-70g waxy maize (depending on muscles worked), Lucine, beta alanine, glutamine, BCAAs, etc.

Meal 5: 5oz. chicken breast/fish/steak w/ 1 and a half cups of white jasmine rice.

Meal 6: 5oz. chicken breast/fish/steak w/ 1 and a half cups of white jasmine rice.

Meal 7: Night shake - 35-40g casein protein, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.

Off Days:
    Meal 1: 4 egg whites+ 1 whole

Meal 2: 4 and 1/2 oz chicken, turkey or fish(white)

Meal 3: 4 1/2 oz chicken, turkey or fish

Meal 4: 4 1/2 oz chicken, turkey or fish with 1/2 cup of brown rice.

Meal 5: 4 1/2 oz chicken, turkey or fish with 1/2 cup of brown rice.

Meal 6: Night shake - 35-40g casein protein, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.

So far I've felt completely normal. The only physical change thus far is I feel much more...solid. I already felt pretty solid, but there seems to be a noticeable difference. Even the bf confirmed my suspicions.

Anyway, I'm obviously new to this so if anyone experienced with this had any suggestions I'm all ears! Thank you in advance! I'll keep this updated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Female's First Anavar Cycle-front.jpg   Female's First Anavar Cycle-front-db-bi-crop.jpg   Female's First Anavar Cycle-back-arms.jpg   Female's First Anavar Cycle-back-db-bi-crop.jpg  
    calfmuscle555 and gym_964 like this.

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    upper back looks really strong. you're already in pretty good shape so the anavar should produce some good results. i have no experience with it myself, but they are 2 really good threads (one by misty47 and the other diamond) a lot of good info if you want to see some results. good luck

Diamond*K is offline Female Member
    do u know wat ur cal intake is??? even just a rough guess...

your protein seem really high.. not that thats an issue.. not many ppl react to that as u think... sum ppl have digestive issues.

i would go more in depth with ur diet.play with sum numbers and constantly get ur bf checked. that way u know wats wrkin. i also find carb cycling helps a lot.

you got a great start. i'm sure u'll impress.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Great base to start with. Good suggestions Diamond. Keep it up and be attentive to any ill-side effects that may appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond*K View Post
    do u know wat ur cal intake is??? even just a rough guess...

your protein seem really high.. not that thats an issue.. not many ppl react to that as u think... sum ppl have digestive issues.

i would go more in depth with ur diet.play with sum numbers and constantly get ur bf checked. that way u know wats wrkin. i also find carb cycling helps a lot.

you got a great start. i'm sure u'll impress.
    My calorie intake is somewhere in the range of 1400 - 2000 depending on whether its a training or off day, it kinda varies.

On my training days I could have as much as 200g pro, and 200 carb, on off days 160 pro and 70-100 carbs.

The diet I actually received from a kind of mentor of mine who has been competing for 10 years, so I feel like I can trust her advice! The only modifications I've made is using a Super food instead of all the veggies and salads (anyone have an issue with this?) and I'm still using this diet approach called "Carb Backloading". This is similar to the "Earn your Carbs" mentality, so I don't have carbs until after I train or on off days till after 5pm.

I've tried all kinds of diets in the past for 6+ months, such as high carb, then low carb (carb cycling) having carbs throughout the day and I feel like I just got fat. I've also tried the Anabolic Diet, which is a high fat high protein diet with a 1 day a week Carb Refeed. Neither of these have given me the results I've been seeing in the last 2-3 months with Carb Backloading, so I'm hesitant to change it.

Also...on another side note the biggest thing with this diet that was stressed to me was 4-5oz of red meat with rice EVERY DAY. I've been doing this for the last week and a half to two weeks, and my deadlift and squat has increased 30+ lbs... Thats without even starting the cycle. Hard to question results like that!
    Last edited by amar306; 09-13-2010 at 12:44 PM.

So today is the third day of my cycle, and as of now I don't have anything new to report.

My appetite is normal, digestion is normal, acne is under control. The only "changes" i've noticed is I do seem to be getting considerably stronger (but I was blasting through PRs on my new diet alone without gear), and I feel denser.

I've read on here you have to wait a week to see if you are getting results to determine whether or not your gear is real, which I have to admit has been my main concern above all else.

My source swore to me it was legit, that they've used it themselves in the past and received great results. I suppose it's possible I'm just freaking myself out by being impatient? I know its only day 3 lol, so this is probably the case.

thoughts anyone?

boundup is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amar306 View Post
    So today is the third day of my cycle, and as of now I don't have anything new to report.

My appetite is normal, digestion is normal, acne is under control. The only "changes" i've noticed is I do seem to be getting considerably stronger (but I was blasting through PRs on my new diet alone without gear), and I feel denser.

I've read on here you have to wait a week to see if you are getting results to determine whether or not your gear is real, which I have to admit has been my main concern above all else.

My source swore to me it was legit, that they've used it themselves in the past and received great results. I suppose it's possible I'm just freaking myself out by being impatient? I know its only day 3 lol, so this is probably the case.

thoughts anyone?
    Mine took a bit to kick in, granted I was doing 100mg ED, but when it did it was a slow but steady arc. I wasn't jumping twenty pounds on certain exercises but I had consistent and steady progression. What I found the most interesting and tought to deal with some times were the pumps. My god, they were insane.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Goals:

need to get more indepth with this, set good expectations, like gaining 5 lbs and dropping 2% bf...

you look great, you looking at fitness type of look? or body builders type of look?

keep it up...

i would like to see you drop one of those shakes and i like the protien you getting - but as stated watch out for digestive issues... (gass, bloating, lack of bowl movments

Jahcuree is offline Associate Member
    Awesome base, Goodluck on the cycle and welcome to the site!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    Goals:

need to get more indepth with this, set good expectations, like gaining 5 lbs and dropping 2% bf...

you look great, you looking at fitness type of look? or body builders type of look?

keep it up...

i would like to see you drop one of those shakes and i like the protien you getting - but as stated watch out for digestive issues... (gass, bloating, lack of bowl movments
    Well like I've said I'm new to this, this is my first cycle so I honestly have no idea what this will do to my body. I don't really know what a reasonable goal would be, but I suppose if I were more specific I would say I'd like to get up to at least 135lbs, so that's a 4 lb increase.

I'm wanting to compete in the figure division in about a year, so I'm not looking to get to the bodybuilder level of size.

I didn't think I was having that many shakes; 3 some days yes but that's only on training days which is only 3-4 days of the week. I'm so destroyed after each session its hard to function normally for a day or two, so I really can't get in more than that.

So which shakes do you have an issue with? Thank you for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahcuree View Post
    Awesome base, Goodluck on the cycle and welcome to the site!
    Thank you!

some_gurl is offline Female Member
    I love Var. Had great results with it with some minor sides.
    Awesome base by the way, you will like what you get from it im sure.
    id recommend taking a liver pill tho, as all orals have a more toxicity

Quote Originally Posted by some_gurl View Post
    I love Var. Had great results with it with some minor sides.
    Awesome base by the way, you will like what you get from it im sure.
    id recommend taking a liver pill tho, as all orals have a more toxicity
    Do you have a specific kind of liver pill that you've used in the past? I've actually been meaning to ask about that so thanks for reminding me!

Also, what sides did you experience with what dosage?

My oh sin is offline New Member
    I have been Amar306's training partner for the last year and I gotta say this girl is 100% dedicated. She trains like a warrior woman and there is no doubt in my mind that her results will be nothing short of spectacular. I hope everyone enjoys watching you transform as much as I know I will. Good luck!

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by My oh sin View Post
    I have been Amar306's training partner for the last year and I gotta say this girl is 100% dedicated. She trains like a warrior woman and there is no doubt in my mind that her results will be nothing short of spectacular. I hope everyone enjoys watching you transform as much as I know I will. Good luck!
    Hey bud, that's great news. And welcome to Anabolic Review. It's refreshing to get new members with experience from time to time.

Enjoy your stay and make yourself at home.

Dan111 is offline Associate Member
    Do you have a specific kind of liver pill that you've used in the past? I've actually been meaning to ask about that so thanks for reminding me!

Also, what sides did you experience with what dosage?
    I take LiverCare (manufacturer is Himalaya). You should be able to get it at any organic/health store. Oddly enough, I couldn't find it at GNC or CVS or anything like that...they have some other brands, but I've heard Livercare is the best, so I got it at a local health/organic food store that sells supplements as well.

I think it was around $25 for the bottle and has 180 capsules...you take 2 pills a day before meals, so it lasts a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan111 View Post
    I take LiverCare (manufacturer is Himalaya). You should be able to get it at any organic/health store. Oddly enough, I couldn't find it at GNC or CVS or anything like that...they have some other brands, but I've heard Livercare is the best, so I got it at a local health/organic food store that sells supplements as well.

I think it was around $25 for the bottle and has 180 capsules...you take 2 pills a day before meals, so it lasts a long time.
    Good to know! Thanks I'll give that a try.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    LiverCare. Good luck with your cycle.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    My wife is currently on var @ 5 mg ed.

I would climb the dosage a bit slower than you plan to and also if you want to add LBM your daily Kcal intake must be kept constant, regardless you train or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    My wife is currently on var @ 5 mg ed.

I would climb the dosage a bit slower than you plan to and also if you want to add LBM your daily Kcal intake must be kept constant, regardless you train or not.
    I was planning on staying at 10mg for 2-3 weeks, then upping the dosage by 2.5 if I still don't have any sides. How quickly would you recommend increasing?

And youre probably right with keeping my Kcal constant, I'm a trainer so I'm on my feet 8+ hours of the day sweating so I have a hard enough time not losing weight! I've already lost weight since starting this log, not good!
    Last edited by amar306; 09-15-2010 at 12:44 PM.

BJJ
    I was planning on staying at 10mg for 2-3 weeks, then upping the dosage by 2.5 if I still don't have any sides. How quickly would you recommend increasing?
    3 Weeks is fair I believe.

3 Weeks is fair I believe.
    Cool happy to hear it! Thanks again!

BJJ
    Cool happy to hear it! Thanks again!
    Good Luck!

Alright so, today's the 5th day on 10mg.

There are couple things that could be sides, or it could just be life getting to me. The first being last night I was extremely irritable, and it came on rather quickly. I don't think my reasons for being upset weren't valid, however I could tell I was probably overreacting just a touch.

The second is some acne starting to show up. I was lucky enough to have really good skin so the only time I would ever really break out is around that time of the month, and its not near that time right now and i'm seeing more than usual. I'm sure these will subside with time, I'm not worried.

Other than that everything is going well. I'm aggravated that I'm so sore though! I really did a number on my back last Tuesday because here it is the following Thursday and it still hurts... So I'm a little disappointed i'm not recovering faster.
    calfmuscle555 likes this.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the dark side amar! I'm on var right now as well, about 80-100mg/day along with a test booster, ghrp-2, cjc, and some pgcl (do not EVER take that as a female!).

Biggest changes I notice with var are strength increase, increased vacularity, and increase muscle density. The strength is a great help because you can really push out that last rep or 2 you normally wouldn't be able to (then rinse and repeat).
    I"m not to familiar with sides females experience other than the sexual ones i.e. increased horniness and 'var clit'.

BJJ knows his stuff, he's helped me out in the past and since his wife is on it I'd pay attn to what input he offers.

Quote Originally Posted by 40plusnewbie View Post
    Welcome to the dark side amar! I'm on var right now as well, about 80-100mg/day along with a test booster, ghrp-2, cjc, and some pgcl (do not EVER take that as a female!).

Biggest changes I notice with var are strength increase, increased vacularity, and increase muscle density. The strength is a great help because you can really push out that last rep or 2 you normally wouldn't be able to (then rinse and repeat).
    I"m not to familiar with sides females experience other than the sexual ones i.e. increased horniness and 'var clit'.

BJJ knows his stuff, he's helped me out in the past and since his wife is on it I'd pay attn to what input he offers.
    Hey thanks for the advice! Don't worry I wouldn't ever take that much!

I have noticed some definite strength increases and density! Good luck on your cycle!

BJJ
    amar306, I have a couple of questions to ask you but privately.
    Once you reach 25 posts, pls send me a PM.
    Thanks

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    good job on the strength increases. for the first cycle or two there is always gray areas we worry about(legit, if its working etc.) hang in there and pretty soon everything will being going in the direction you want (bodyfat% down and lifts up)

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfitness View Post
    good job on the strength increases. for the first cycle or two there is always gray areas we worry about(legit, if its working etc.) hang in there and pretty soon everything will being going in the direction you want (bodyfat% down and lifts up)
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad to know my paranoia is normal!

amar306, I have a couple of questions to ask you but privately.
    Once you reach 25 posts, pls send me a PM.
    Thanks
    I'll send you a pm as soon as I can!

Okay so...I definitely think something here is working.

As far as my workouts go, here's last week's numbers:

Full Squat: 145lbs x 2 (not my best)
    Deadlift: 165lbs x 2

Here's this weeks numbers:

Full Squat: 185lbs x 2
    Deadlift: 3 sets of 5, 165lbs

SOMETHING...is going on here...and I like it, a lot.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Well like I've said I'm new to this, this is my first cycle so I honestly have no idea what this will do to my body. I don't really know what a reasonable goal would be, but I suppose if I were more specific I would say I'd like to get up to at least 135lbs, so that's a 4 lb increase.

I'm wanting to compete in the figure division in about a year, so I'm not looking to get to the bodybuilder level of size.

I didn't think I was having that many shakes; 3 some days yes but that's only on training days which is only 3-4 days of the week. I'm so destroyed after each session its hard to function normally for a day or two, so I really can't get in more than that.

So which shakes do you have an issue with? Thank you for your input!
    well, great goals, i would get you bf checked, add the weight and lower bf, (you look great so im not saying you need to loose bf just that it fits you goals for compititon).

as for shakes i dont like to see lots of shakes through out the day, i would rather see you eating you protien then drinking it (personal i have a shake one a day or less) if the three shakes stop you from cheating then take them but i would like to see ppl swap a shake to tuna or some other lean protien. for what shake to cut out (3 shakes a day) drop shake in middle of day for tuna or chicken breast.

Okay so...I definitely think something here is working.

As far as my workouts go, here's last week's numbers:

Full Squat: 145lbs x 2 (not my best)
    Deadlift: 165lbs x 2

Here's this weeks numbers:

Full Squat: 185lbs x 2
    Deadlift: 3 sets of 5, 165lbs

SOMETHING...is going on here...and I like it, a lot.
    great job!!! do you alway do low reps or just looking to see your max the last few weeks?

btw if that is you in the pic you look great, muscular arms, great back and round glutes (as far as we can see)

keep it up!!!!

well, great goals, i would get you bf checked, add the weight and lower bf, (you look great so im not saying you need to loose bf just that it fits you goals for compititon).

as for shakes i dont like to see lots of shakes through out the day, i would rather see you eating you protien then drinking it (personal i have a shake one a day or less) if the three shakes stop you from cheating then take them but i would like to see ppl swap a shake to tuna or some other lean protien. for what shake to cut out (3 shakes a day) drop shake in middle of day for tuna or chicken breast.

great job!!! do you alway do low reps or just looking to see your max the last few weeks?
    I definitely agree with you about the shakes, I know a lot of people mess up by having too many liquid calories and I'm going to do my best to avoid that, so thanks for the advice!

And since starting the cycle I have just been focusing on lifting lower reps and going really heavy, since on my strength should be going up. So for the last few training sessions i've been lifting with the idea that if I can lift a weight ten times, its too light, if I can't lift it 4 times its too heavy. Seems to be working so far!
    calfmuscle555 likes this.

btw if that is you in the pic you look great, muscular arms, great back and round glutes (as far as we can see)

keep it up!!!!
    Yup that's me! So thank you! And don't worry I'm going to keep an eye on my BF like you suggested. Thanks for the advice!

I'll post new pics of my progress as soon as I feel like I can definitely see some changes...I feel like its slow going since i'm female but thats okay, I'm patient! Well...kinda...

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Yup that's me! So thank you! And don't worry I'm going to keep an eye on my BF like you suggested. Thanks for the advice!

I'll post new pics of my progress as soon as I feel like I can definitely see some changes...I feel like its slow going since i'm female but thats okay, I'm patient! Well...kinda...
    your not patient, dont lie to us! looking great by the way. good luck cant wait to see your progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    your not patient, dont lie to us! looking great by the way. good luck cant wait to see your progress!
    LOL I suppose if I was really patient I wouldnt be doing this cycle.

When I was training today I was noticing that my joints were really hurting me, much more than they ever have. My oh sin, my trainer partner, told me its because I'm lifting so much more now, and muscles can handle it but my joints can't keep up! Ugh! So I gotta take a couple days off which sucks!

And thank you for your kind words! I'll keep you guys updated with my progress!

Well it appears that so far the cycle isn't effecting my hormones too much, I was taken off guard by my period this morning. Awesome...

I was kinda hoping I'd get a break from it for a while! Oh well!

In other news my whole body hurts. Just sitting here my whole body aches. Back, traps, legs are all destroyed from deadlifts, and my arms are killing me from the arm workout yesterday. I thought I was going to be recovering faster on this stuff...Why am I not recovering faster?!?
    Last edited by amar306; 09-19-2010 at 06:31 PM.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    how is your sleep?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information