Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By stormborn

Thread: Powerlifter Chick (Female) Var Cycle

stormborn is offline Female Member

Powerlifter Chick (Female) Var Cycle

Alright, I'm going to post this as a placeholder for when I actually get started, which will be either in one week or two--I think one week, but depending on a situation I'll describe in a minute here it might be two.

Stats:

Female, 28 years old, 5'2", powerlifter for 2 1/2 years and have been lifting weights since 2010 (although the beginning was pretty shaky and had false starts and stops). I have competed in a variety of weight classes and held a top-ten national ranking at a low weight class when I competed there. I have since decided to move up a few weight classes because I'm too tall for the lower ones (that's right, 5'2" is tall if you're a female PLer).

Weight: right now, 130.1. I don't really care about my weight so much as...

BF%: 19. Ugh. I bulked all of last year and got up to 143 and brought it down to my now-130 and it used to be higher than 19%, but that's still pretty terrible. My hopes with doing Var will be in part to help bring my stupid body comp into line. Yes, I understand that that is all about diet. And yes, I think I've done a pretty good job with that so far--I've lost over ten pounds but have increased strength on two of my three lifts, which is a pretty solid feat for a strength athlete who is on a caloric deficit.

So I thought I'd through another girl log on here just to get more happening. Cheers to everyone!

So right now the thing that's kind of throwing me starting up with this is that I'm doing a meet very soon. I will be picking up my Var on Friday of this coming week. I will be having a deload week starting after next weekend where I'll be doing less lifting and more resting and I'm not sure if I should start with my low dose during that week or not. Like honestly have no idea. Maybe it would be a good idea, or maybe it would NOT be a good idea. Part of me thinks it might be beneficial for meet day, and part of me thinks that it would be stupid to start the cycle when I'm not doing as much lifting (that week I'll probably be doing some moderate benching and squatting to keep up my motor patterns and a bunch of little bodybuilding lifts on some days). I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this and I can be more specific as to the timeline if needed.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Good 2 c another female cycle up in here

I'd start whenever you think it's a good time. My recommendation is start slow, 5mg & go from there depending on side(if any).

But, it's up 2 u really - sounds like you have a fairly good idea of what you're doin'
    stormborn likes this.

I think I'm doing pretty well with the self-education on this one. I have also turned to four different voices in my sport--three female, one make--who have really been helping. Whenever I actually start--between 2 and 5 weeks from now, I think--I feel equipped with knowledge to do this right.

Blog Entries
    Seems more simple for a female IMO(at least until/if you get hardcore)

I got my woman Var she wanted, but she's still too scurd - lol

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Seems more simple for a female IMO(at least until/if you get hardcore)

I got my woman Var she wanted, but she's still too scurd - lol
    Dude, yeah, honestly, I feel kind of lucky. I think the tradeoff is the social stigma that women face when they take stuff though. Like MAN is it not ok if you're a woman to be doing this stuff even at a very low-moderate level. Physically it's more complicated for you guys and socially it's more complicated for us because people freak out if a woman does anything that might remotely threaten (American)westernized concepts of femininity. The irony is that a lot of women who do var or whatever at low doses end up having far more ideal physiques than those who are natty--the general public just has no idea.
    lauren94 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I have been at this for a while now & it's a fact - a lot of females are on sauce. Guys are too, then some

As far as being more accepted - I dunno

If you're a guy & juiced, it's not accepted by society damn near whatsoever. People have no clue on what juice does or how.

But, for sure - Just about all of the women and men that you see with extreme physiques are sauced. Most will lie through their teeth to their own mom, just because of society's outlook.

Me, personally - No one knows what I do unless they are very close to me. But, I am getting to unnatural size & it's getting to a point where people will just say shit like "I'd be that big too if I was on what you're on" < hate that crap

After a few years of doing this, I can care less if my woman or any other female gets on gear. Just do it safely - If it starts to effect their femininity, that's a side effect they have to fight & live with. Shit, not all much worse than a gyno outbreak for a guy.

Thread Information