• 1 Post By cttoasn
  • 1 Post By derekkpapa1
  • 1 Post By ojm3
  • 1 Post By zempey

Thread: My First Cycle

Inked medic1 is offline Junior Member

My First Cycle

Hi guys

So here is my journey. Started my first cycle on Wednesday and took my second injection today. My cycle is as follow:

T – Enenthate - 500mg 12 wks
    HCG 500 - IU 12 wks
    Arimedex - .25mg eod 14 wks
    PCT – nolvadex and clomid

I’m 40-years-old and been training for twenty years on and off – last five seriously and made some good gains. Starting weight five years ago was around 150 lb. Today I weigh 207 lb at around 15% – 20% BF.

First injection was in right glute. I found this very cumbersome and therefore my technique was poor. The next day had reddening and slight swelling. Most of this has now subsided as has the pain! Today I went for right outer quad. This was much easier (both injections were 250mg by the way). My HCG was sub-q in the abdomen. This is no drama.

My Armiedex is a pain. Comes in 1mg tab and so have to cut into quarters to get my dosage. I have a pill cutter but still seems weird to take such a small quantity.

Don’t feel anything yet, which is right I guess. My diet is super clean and my water intake has doubled as per recommendations. I have arranged for blood test next week and a review with the doc as my BP is on the high side so expecting to be put on hypertensives. I also started 75mg dose of aspirin today.

Off to the gym now to blast my delts.

Will keep updating this post.

Cheers

Ink

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck and keep us posted. Why are you doing bloodwork so soon? Did you run bloods prior to your cycle? I would wait till around week 6 or so before running bloods unless you're afraid your Dr. will notice your levels are crazy high. I recommend going to a Private Lab and pulling your own bloodwork. This is what I do. Cost a few bucks but then there is no record of anything so it's a great option.

Cycle looks solid as will your gains so long as diet is in check. Don't get obsessed with the weight on the scale or you'll put on a ton of fat. I did this my first cycle and it was bad. Anyways, let the mirror be your guide along with pictures (bloodwork of course) and enjoy the ride.

Hi Pete

Didn't run bloods before cycle. Didn't want to inform doc and costs were too high for private bloods. Hope I don't regret this. As for bloods next week, I'm having my cholesterol and renal function checked in accordance with my blood pressure checks.

I also used scales as a result of achieving my goals, and I did indeed put on fat. But am rectifying that situation.

Will keep you posted.

Ink

Rida5d is offline Member
    40 years old and still pct-ing .. Impressive

Not running bloods before starting my first cycle was a mistake I wish I ve never done .. Looks like we are two now

Good luck buddy , enjoy the cycle

Fourth pin tomorrow. So far no major issues... getting a lot of pip in quads though, so tomorrow i will shoot for the delt. Haven't noticed any real changes which I suspect is normal, although I have felt more focused but that could just be phycological.

Will keep you posted.

Ink

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Pip in quads is normal.

Keep the news coming

cttoasn is offline Associate Member
    Awesome...I just had the 4th PIN of my first cycle yesterday. Pinning first thing Thu mornings and Mid-day Sundays.

In just 4 pins I have learned that the 3 times I had almost no pip, my technique was solid. The one time I butchered it...massive pip.

Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Thanks guys. Seems to be a little better in the delts.

So its now a full two weeks in and things are going well - no dramas to speak of.

I've put on a couple of LB's but nothing drastic. Skin is beginning to get a little oily, but again nothing I cant handle. Today I made a personal best in bench press and noticed in other lifts that i felt a little stronger.

In all in I'm feeling good. No anger issues at all - if anything i am able to focus and not flip out (which apparently I do - whatever!).

I'll check in soon.

Cheers

Ink

Okay, so fifth pin two days ago in right delt. I thought it went okay although was bloody hard with left hand. No pain on the day......... But last night! **** me! Very painful and have woken this am with reddening and slight swelling 2-3'' below the injection site. Any thoughts?

Everything else is fine and I'm enjoying the cycle so far.

Cheers

Ink.

Sixth pin coming up and I'm going for left quad today. I tried to pin delts and I found it so awkward that I caused too much trauma to the site, which caused days and days of pain.

I think I'm adding too much fat to my frame. I've noticed in the last couple of days that I'm looking fat.. I've had two cheat nights out (a stag and a leavers bash) both included chinese meals. Other than that I eat very clean. Maybe I will try and increase my water intake. Any thoughts?

Nothing else to report.

Cheers

Ink

Hi All

I am now into week 4 so hopefully I will start to notice some gains real soon. I have noticed my skin getting quite oily - few spots but nothing too bad. Other than that its pretty slow.

My test e is from Eurochem - it's legit but I've heard its under dosed but hopefully it will be okay.

I'm now pinning quads only and it's much better. Delts for me did not work!!

Cheers

Ink
    Last edited by Inked medic1; 12-11-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Hey man....still following yours.

Today will be my second pin in week 4. moving into week 5.

Finally noticed some real strength In the gym and like you...Oily skin came in right as week 4 started.

Hopefully week 5 really gets legit for both if us.

Quote Originally Posted by cttoasn View Post
    Hey man....still following yours.

Today will be my second pin in week 4. moving into week 5.

Finally noticed some real strength In the gym and like you...Oily skin came in right as week 4 started.

Hopefully week 5 really gets legit for both if us.
    That's what I'm hoping for! Not really noticing a great deal but I think my calories are way too low. Increasing as from today so will see how we go.

Good luck man.

Ink

I do not envy the dieting that goes along with Body building goals.

I keep away from garbage and eat high quality. However I have not counted a calorie ever. I just eat what my body tells me I need to perform. As long as I keep generally lean, and feel fueled and have the energy I need then I don't worry.

The discipline you guys have for following these bulk or cut diets is impressive!
    Khazima likes this.

Week 5 began today. I've increased my cals to 5000 which seems to be working already! Feel bigger today. No real strength increase though but there's still time.

Pins are going well. Quads every time with no pip.

Will keep you all posted.

Ink

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Signed up. Good luck rest of way finish strong
    Inked medic1 likes this.

Hi all

In week five now and things are beginning to kick off. I feel huge! My clothes are tighter. In the mirror things have really changed - I appear a lot fuller and wider. My shoulders have always been my strongest body part and now look even better.

Chest day today and made PB's in most lifts - and the pump was ace

Still no sides - the greasy skin I spoke of has almost gone and I have no acne (yet).

Pins are going real good - no PIP whatsoever.

Off to give blood on xmas eve.

Cheers all

Ink

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    i actually don't get any acne on cycle, but in pct oh man.

Quote Originally Posted by SOL!D5NAK3 View Post
    i actually don't get any acne on cycle, but in pct oh man.
    Ha nice. That's something to look forward to then! Lol

Ink

Week 6 commenced today. I'm gaining a little fat so that needs to be sorted.

Donated blood today - all went well.

Ink

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Glad it's going good inked.
    I found myself gaining like fat on my last cycle and I upped the water intake which help but I also lowered carbs in last to meals of day

Quote Originally Posted by derekkpapa1 View Post
    Glad it's going good inked.
    I found myself gaining like fat on my last cycle and I upped the water intake which help but I also lowered carbs in last to meals of day
    Cheers, Derek. Been working a lot in the last couple of weeks and fluid intake has definitely reduced - now addressed.

Ink

Week seven begins tomorrow. Still making gains. Fat gains seems to be subsiding and my upper body is becoming a little more vascular.

Unfortunately I injured my back - old injury aggravated - so this is gonna put me out of the gym for a few days!

Ink

Get the results back from your blood work?

Quote Originally Posted by cttoasn View Post
    Get the results back from your blood work?
    I am still awaiting the results from the docs but I'm not even sure what bloods they took.

Made a bog mistake in not having correct bloods done prior to cycle and I haven't put anything in place for mid or end bloods. And I'm paying the price now.....

So into wk 7 and things not so good. My diet has been poor and fluid intake diminished greatly - as a result (i hope) in the last two days I have noticed my ankles becoming swollen, more so on the right. I began a thread on the Q and A and have some good input. Plan is to increase water, clean the diet back up and see if it resolves. If not then it will be time to involve my doc.

Feeling a little low now. Fingers crossed this is just a all fvck up and things will get back on track.

Ink

stripes1990 is offline New Member
    hope everything is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by stripes1990 View Post
    hope everything is ok!
    it's not great. I think the oedema is slightly better but today swelled up after a short walk. So, unfortunately I'm thinking of stopping the cycle tomorrow. So gutted but it's starting to really worry me.

Ink

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    Hope all is well and your back in the gym. How many weeks are you going to cycle, 12? Or, stop prior due to diet, injury? Rest up ...

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hope everything works out bro, better luck next time.

Stopping cycle today at the start of week 8. Feeling low today but like you guys say health is more important and there is always next time. I will give it another go in the early summer.

Can I start my PCT as if it were the 12 week mark. So continue the arimedex for two weeks and then start the Nov and Clomid?
    Thanks for all your help.

Ink

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you consult a doctor about the ankles?

Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Did you consult a doctor about the ankles?
    Not yet. They are nearly gone but still a little swollen. I will see how they go over the next week or so once off the cycle.

Will keep you all posted

Ink

ojm3 is offline Associate Member
    good luck with it bro!
    Inked medic1 likes this.

Hi all

Week two of PCT.

Good things to note is that all the fat I gained is gone, and most importantly my ankles are back to normal - I can honestly say that frightened the fvcking sh1t outta me! I knew it didn't make sense but still frightened me. Strength gains have maintained.

Bad points - Whilst I lost all my fat gains, I am now back to where I started pre cycle. Acne has flared up on my back and chest - I have never had spots on my back or chest, so as you can imagine i'm not enjoying this too much. However, started Zinc yesterday 44 mg (22 in the morning and 22 in the evening). So hopefully will clear up soon.

I don't feel any loss in testosterone - Libido is where its always been - so all good. No tears or girly sh1t!

So, my thoughts on my cycle....... I was a fool. I thought I undertook adequate research and was in the best position to start my cycle - to say the least I let myself down. For staters I didn't check the UGL with you guys before purchase, and I think the test was undressed. Secondly, and what I believe to be the most important, my fat percentage was way too high. I thought I was about 18 - 20%, but in all honestly I was closer to 25%. And thirdly, I did no blood work - what a tw4t!

If anyone reads this wondering if they should cycle, then please read my cycle log and learn from my mistakes - I really thought I was ready and I wasn't, I was just impatient.

Okay, so the future.... my plan is to get down to 12% body fat using diet and cardio. From there I may consider another cycle but I believe my steroid days are over before they've really begun.

Thank you to all who have helped me, and all that post advice on this forum. This is, by far, the best forum on the net.

I plan to stick around and learn and help where I can.

Ink

RewardingLabor is offline Associate Member
    Hi
    I had a similar experience where I thought I gained a lot of fat but it turned out to be mostly water weight and melted off as soon as I stopped… how did you check to make sure you gained fat and not water?

I feel for ya with the injury aggravation and having to stop mid cycle. Im wondering if this has anything to do with the body carrying all that extra water (or maybe it really was fat) weight in addition to the tendency to push it further that comes with using test. I don't think we are the only two people for whom test amplified old forgotten injuries and I'm wondering if that is something I should have considered before starting. Mostly Im wondering how to prevent this problem when I start my second and hopefully first full cycle… my guess is you're wondering the same thing.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't stress yourself Inked, shit happens, as long as you learn from it, it isn't all bad. Get back to training and nail down your diet, that is the most important thing for you to do right now. I feel ya on not being totally prepared and getting sides that make you pull your hair out, my gyno is pissing me off to no end. Get yourself in a sweet spot with some more solid time in the gym learning your body and maybe one day try it again. One thing most people lose sight of IMO in regards to AAS is, uneducated users use the AAS to get big not as a supplement to get big. Most of these guys do a ton of gear, eat like shit, party their asses off, then wonder why they lose it all when they come off, then jump right back on cause they feel like shit. Learn to eat, then eat to get big using gear to aid in getting big like any other supplement. You learned from your mistakes and are now more knowledgeable about your body and how it reacts, one day you will be in a much better position to make a decision whether or not to try again. Cheers bro, keep on killing it.
    Inked medic1 likes this.

Cheers Zempey - I hear you!

Feel a lot better now. Last day of PCT today. Been out of the gym for two weeks as have had uni work due in. Will be back next week. Diet has been on track though. I'm a lot leaner now, and feel much better. Cheers all.

Ink

mussina123 is offline Junior Member
    are you planning on hopping on again, or taking time to get everything settled down with your health??

Thread Information