Coffeehead is offline Associate Member

Regaining form with Test-E + Oral Tbol

What’s good e’eryone – I’m starting my 2nd cycle nowt hat I’ve gotten my first one under my belt and have been off cycle/PCT for a few months. Although my first cycle was orals only - I know, not really a cycle.

My first cycle consisted of 6 weeks of TBol and Var - due to fear of pinning. I plan on on running this next cycle for 10-12 weeks, while taking the advice of many and getting over the pinning fear. I successfully did my first pin in the quad today, no problems with PIP, swelling, etc…

Actually, my biggest problem was thinking about it too much. My hand was shaking a little prior to my first attempt, so I capped the needle and settled down for about 10 minutes before successfully popping my cherry.

Some stats on me for backstory:

Goal of cycle:

Regain mass lost in legs from ACL surgery last year. The atrophy in my right quad is pretty bad. Help regain any other lost muscle due to ineffective/inconsistent training while injured.

Stats:

Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 185
    BF% 13-14%

Training History/Experience:

5+ years of dedicated strength training w/ more focus on powerlifting and gaining overall strength. I’m able to lift a decent amount for my size but admittedly am much weaker in the lower body, even before the knee injury.

This cycle has admittedly come at a bit of an awkward time for me. When I started training seriously 5 years ago, I think the longest break I may have taken from training altogether has been about 7-10 days, which was very seldom. I recently have starting to train again after a 6-week hiatus due to having a full plate and just wanting to focus on other important things – like tons of home improvement work and house organization to make room for another kid that the wife and I are expecting after the new year.

While it was a pretty stressful time, I came to realize that taking all that time off from training actually contributed to my stress even more. The gym is my escape, place of peace, sanctuary, etc....Apparently I need it more than I thought to let out the steam from the daily rigors of life.

The Cycle:

Weeks 1-6

Test-E: @500mg/week
    T-Bol: 40mg ED
    Adex: @0.5mg eod

Weeks 7-10
    Test-E: @500mg/week
    Adex: @0.5mg eod

Weeks 11-12

Nothing

*Considering doing 4 weeks of anavar at the end of the cycle, and shortening the Tbol to 4 weeks in the beginning. Would prefer the recommendations of the vets here to hopefully guide me in the right direction (too much oral for a cycle, or fine?)

**Also looking into HCG as suggested by a few vets already. I’m not a fan of pinning, especially extra on top of injecting test – but now that I realized that it’s not so bad and HCG is recommended no matter if other SERMS, AI are in place, I’m considering giving it a go from weeks 3 and on.

Weeks 13-17 (PCT)
    Clomid: 100/100/50/50
    Nolva: 40/40/20/20
    I ran this same PCT last time after my bloods revealed essentially no test - and recovered within 6 weeks back to to 750+ ng/dl. Not sure if this are normal results, but I was pretty happy to see it bounce back so quickly.

I'm running two separate brands for each part of my cycle - not sure if I should post them or not as I'm still new here and am learning the rules as I go.

I'll have pics up post Thanksgiving at my starting point - and I'll update the thread with my nutrition and training program if the fine people of this forum are interested.

Thanks for reading, and would welcome any feedback. Especially when it comes to pinning After my first try, I’d guess I still suck at it.
    Last edited by Coffeehead; 11-23-2016 at 08:09 PM.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Did you get a full blood panel done after your first cycle/before starting your second to see if your body recovered?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Did you get a full blood panel done after your first cycle/before starting your second to see if your body recovered?
    Absolutely. I posted this last week and Kelkel suggested that I appeared to be GTG. Here were the results that I wanted a vet to look over:

These bloods were pulled 3-4 weeks ago, which was 6 weeks post PCT.

Total Test: 785 ng/dl --> up from 51 ng/dl - mid cycle
    (Range 348-1197 ng/dl)

E2: 27.2 pg/ml --> No prior tests
    (Range 8.0- 35.0 pg/ml)

FSH: 5.8 mIu/ml --> No prior tests
    (Range: 1.5-12.4 mIu/ml)

LH: 8.8 mIu/ml --> No prior tests
    (Range: 1.7-8.6 mIu/ml)

HDL: 50 mg/dl --> up from <3 mg/dl - mid cycle
    (Range: >39 mg/dl)

LDL: 129 mg/dl --> down from 230 mg/dl - mid cycle
    (Range: 0-99 mg/dl)

Starting Weight: 190.8lbs

A little higher than expected. Guess that time off really packed a little extra on

I got two high volume sessions in. Strength is still there, endurance...not so much. But I pushed through and hope to get around the curve quickly. I usually do as I like high volume training and generally have adapted quickly.

I annihilated legs and shoulders over the last two days. Here is the outline of my program:

Sunday: Back/Biceps/Abs
    Monday: REST - Soft Tissue/Cardio
    Tuesday: Legs (Light w/ BFR)
    Wednesday: Chest/Triceps/Abs
    Thursday: Legs (Light w/ BFR)
    Friday: Shoulders/Abs
    Saturday: Big-3 (Heavy except squats)
    I have underdeveloped obliques and my legs have taken a huge hit since surgery on my knee, hence the emphasis at 3x/wk.

Thread Information