• 1 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 1 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 2 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 1 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 1 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 1 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 1 Post By Capebuffalo
  • 2 Post By AlphaMindz

Thread: From 6/17 to now (8/18)...transformation!

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member

From 6/17 to now (8/18)...transformation!

Ok so let me give a quick background of my situation... I've lifted on and off over the years and ran some half assed cycles when I was younger, made some decent gains, but was never committed to this lifestyle so I never saw my true potential.

Fast forward to June of last year and I decided to get blood work done, asses where my test levels were at, and start body building for real where I'm focused and committed to the process. My levels tested in the low 300's at the time and I felt like shit, was lethargic, weak, and carrying a lot of extra body fat. I was essentially skinny fat with a little muscle that had stuck from years in and out of the gym....I has a small foundation and wanted to see what I could accomplish if I corrected my levels with trt and trained my ass off!!

Here are the results....

This is me in May of last year just before starting trt. From 6/17 to now (8/18)...transformation!-first-before-pic.jpg

I started with only one shot of test e per week so 250mg/ week. This is what I looked like at the beginning of this year when I first joined this site. At this point I had been on trt for approx 6 months... From 6/17 to now (8/18)...transformation!-before2.jpg

Already, the difference is notable, but the real fun hadn't started yet. Then I started adding in other compounds and rotating them. In this pic I was on test, tren , and winny...
    Name:  before3.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  2.4 KB

At this point I had been involved with this site for several months and applying different things I either picked up along the way. Still experimenting with different ways of eating and seeing what works best with my body. In the next pic I was trying to put on some more size as I felt the recomping had been going really well, but I wanted more mass so I rotated nandrolone into the mix..
    From 6/17 to now (8/18)...transformation!-progpic.jpg

Had a bad reaction to nandrolone and my back lit up with cystic acne! Had to discontinue that compound due to the acne and to this day still dealing with some bacne issues.. I feel like I "unlocked" something with the deca cause never had acne issues before and still dealing with residual acne from that cycle...so it hasn't been a completely smooth road. Next I got off deca but still wanted a 19nor in the mix so got back on tren..This is me about 1-2 months later on just low dose test, tren, and mast...
    From 6/17 to now (8/18)...transformation!-prog-pic-6-5-18.jpg

Now keep in mind that during this time I was also under a lot stress at work (I have a fairly high stress career in the insurance industry) so eating enough is challenging at times. Hell, even getting to the gym enough times each week is challenging but this isn't supposed to be easy! It takes a little discipline but I've never left the gym and NOT felt like it was worth it. It's always worth. For me, the only shitty workout is the one I don't do. Even if I don't push myself hard that day I'm still getting in there and getting some blood in the muscle and staying in my routine which is very important to the process.

These last few months I'd say I'm starting to come into form nicely, but still lacking mass because I still haven't learned how to eat properly. I started working with someone to help me develop a meal plan through a company and they'll mail me the food and I just have to worry about eating it! Many people use excuses and I could easily be one of them as I typically work 9-10 hours a day with a 40 min commute each way.. I also have a 6 year old boy, a social life, friends, family, and a new girl friend and I still the time to get in the gym for at least an hour about 4 days a week and eat a fairly clean but nutritious diet...I only share that to inspire not because I think I'm special. Anyone reading this has what it takes to build the physique you want! You just have to make a decision, then figure out how you're going to do it, and then stick to your plan and adapt to life as it happens!

My biggest lagging muscle group as of late has been my abs so I've been hitting em with more intensity more often and they're finally starting to come in. I'm pretty far from where I want to be and get discouraged all the time. It's natural for us to doubt ourselves and our accomplishments. So I refer back to these pics I've taken over the past 14 months for a "reality check" and to allow myself to take some credit and feel ok with the progress I've made. I think the key to this is to have patience and trust the process, but check in now and then to make sure your process is optimal. Has mine been optimal? Prob not. I could prob be a lot further a long than I am. I know my macros are not on point. I need to eat more clean food every day to start really building that mass if I'm going to compete!

These are the most recent pics I took...

This wasn't meant to be a super detailed prog update with pr's, weight increases, body fat decreases and all that. I would like to do something like that at some point but I will need more time to put something like that together. This was meant to just show you guys (the ones that haven't been following my progress) what you can get done in only 14 short months! I even lost track of time and thought I'd been at it for a year and a half lol but when I checked dates I realized it's only been 14 months. Again, I could likely be making better gains than I am but with all things considered I have to be happy with how far I've come. I look forward to these next few months as I get my diet more in check and a better grasp on macros. I'm trying to be lean right now as I have a 10 day beach vaca coming up in a week or so. When I get back from that trip it's gonna be time for some serious bulking so stay tuned guys and hopefully the gains keep coming! Anyone looking at this that gained even a ounce of inspiration from it, thank you! We are all supposed to help each other get better and share what works for us. I love when I get pms from you guys asking questions as I'm always happy to share what I've learned so far....take care and God bless!

Before- Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first before pic.JPG 
Views:	680 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	173733 After (14 months) -From 6/17 to now (8/18)...transformation!-prog4-8-3-18.jpg

For those who don't feel like reading all of that here is a simple before and after comparison. I also just wanted to thank those of you that have been supportive of my journey so far! I hope everyone seeing this will accomplish their goals and don't give up!

~Alpha

**Please see post below as I've added pics with proper posing technique. I'm still learning how to pose and seeing first hand how much of a difference it can make!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails From 6/17 to now (8/18)...transformation!-prog1-8-3-18.jpg  
    Last edited by AlphaMindz; 08-21-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    deusromanus, hollowedzeus and Obs like this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great job man, that is some serious progress!
    AlphaMindz likes this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Impressive progress OP, keep up the good work
    AlphaMindz likes this.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    We are suppose to be here to lift each other up not bring each other down. Your physic is awesome bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AlphaMindz, Obs and PeanutbutterDC like this.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great work OP, you look great and deserve the accolades. Thanks for sharing your story.

Best,
    C-
    Obs and AlphaMindz like this.

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Great genuine progress brother, keep up the good work and stay healthy!!!
    AlphaMindz likes this.

What's up guys just got back from vacation with my family and was happy to see all the feedback from you guys! I appreciate all the feedback guys and girls (PbDC) you guys are great and I've learned something from every one of you. Even you Username lol.

Yeah I could prob achieve this physique naturally as I'm not very big, but certainly not in 14 months! I'm not getting any younger and I want to get into competing so the gear is speeding up the process for me. It may have taken me several years to get to where I am now. Keep in mind my levels were very low for a 35 year old so without at least trt I'm unsure of how much muscle I would be able to build, but it's not only about the size but also muscle maturity and separation which I work on heavily with lots of volume training.

I'm still learning how to pose properly as I'm finding out the hard way just how MUCH of a difference proper posing can make. These pics were taken only a few days after but with proper posing technique and the difference is notable!
    Attachment 173962Attachment 173963

I'm not sure where you're at on your road Username but as others have said, this board is meant to be a positive platform for us learn from each other and help each other achieve our goals. Your question was fair, though....not sure what your intent was so let's just assume you were genuinely wondering...And truth is I've been working very hard for these past 14 months WITH gear so to be perfectly honest, with my genetics (thank you PbDC) at my age and with my natty levels, progress would likely be far behind where I'm currently at.

I am lacking overall size as I mentioned in the prog update as I'm aware of that. Now that I'm back from vaca I plan on focusing on bulking and putting on some real size. Now that I have a decent base I won't mind putting on some body fat to be able to make some decent size gains. Before my abs were developed I would always get discouraged the minute I'd start putting on bf and couldn't see my abs...I'd go back and forth "ok I'm too small gotta bulk"... then start bulking and then I'd feel "ok I'm looking too smooth and soft gotta lean out" lol so I'd kinda go back and forth! Not sure how many people can relate to that type of thinking lol...

But it comes from a lack of understanding my macros and not having those numbers on point. I think once I know exactly what my macros should be (yes, I still don't have a firm grasp on that TBH) and I'm hitting them daily, then I can trust the process and expect a little body fat but I'll have confidence in the fact that I'm not going too far with cals and not going to put on too much bf. Don't get me wrong, I have weighed my food before and have a general idea of the numbers but it's not precise, and that needs to get dialed in now if I expect to put on a lot more mass. And I also eat a very healthy diet rich in nutrients and void or refined carbohydrates. In other words I know what I'm doing BUT I need help from a pro or a REAL coach (some of you know what I'm referring to lol) that can help me get to the next level. I've started EQ and Primo on top of minimal test to begin a bulking phase so in the coming months I expect to lose my abs a bit (which have only recently been fully visible) and put on some real size. It really is a mind game in many respects! I'll be hitting up the diet and nutrition sections to pick your brain's on that subject as I still have a lot to learn.

For me this is all about being honest and vulnerable to expose weaknesses as that is the only way we get better! For those of you that understand the vulnerability aspect of posting pics of our physique's for constructive criticism I appreciate your consideration of that fact. I always try to keep that in mind when giving feedback to people. Big ego's are def a part of body building, but we have to put them aside when trying to get better and help others get better IMO. Much love to everyone who has supported me on this journey as in many ways it is only beginning!
    Last edited by AlphaMindz; 08-20-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    Obs and PeanutbutterDC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Great job man, that is some serious progress!
    Thank you Tarzan I appreciate it!
    Obs likes this.

You're awesome PbDC I've learned quite a few things from you and I've seen very valuable posts of yours! Thank you for taking the position you did as I agree with you 100% and the whole point of this community is to uplift each other and learn from each other. I don't think you have manly hands at all and anyone who feels that way is prob threatened by the muscle you've been able to put on as a female lifter and the overall physique you have built because it is NOT an easy task! Keep up the good work!
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Let me compliment you.
    You look fantastic for a skinny/fat troll with fatty tissue gyno. You would look better in a bra.
    Maybe you should work on... Anything!
    I could sit in a chair for two years and have more lean body mass than you.
    Dude you're fuckin hilarious Obs lmao thank you for always trying to do right by everyone on here. You're like the cool uncle of our community lol and I've also gotten a lot of valuable information from you brother. Guys like you help keep a balance to these forums because your intentions are in the right place and you're not afraid to speak your mind. Youre the man and thank you for your support!
    Last edited by AlphaMindz; 08-20-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    PeanutbutterDC and Obs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduke93 View Post
    Great genuine progress brother, keep up the good work and stay healthy!!!
    Thank you Duke much appreciated man. I hope you're feeling better and back in the gym brother!
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    We are suppose to be here to life each other up not bring each other down. Your physic is awesome bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Chris much love bro!
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    Great work OP, you look great and deserve the accolades. Thanks for sharing your story.

Best,
    C-
    Anytime brotha thanks for your kind words and positive feedback!
    Obs likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    Dude you're fuckin hilarious Obs lmao thank you for always trying to do right by everyone on here. You're like the cool uncle of our community lol and I've also gotten a lot of valuable information from you brother. Guys like you help keep a balance to these forums because your intentions are in the right place and you're not afraid to speak your mind. Youre the man and thank you for your support!
    Stop. You’re going to make his head explode. It’s already too big for his body.
    Ohbullshit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Stop. You’re going to make his head explode. It’s already too big for his body.
    Fair enough Cape. Sorry Obs can't compliment you anymore brotha haha
    Ohbullshit and Capebuffalo like this.

Thread Information