Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Chark's 1st Cycle

Chark is offline Member

Chark's 1st Cycle

Wanted to create a thread to share and track my progress, learn from you guys, and use this thread as a tool to keep myself accountable during my first cycle.

Stats: 31, 5'6, 165
    Bodyfat: high

Background: Lifting off and on for 15 years, not knowing how to train for most of it (failure every set, watching established IFBB pros do high-rep sets not realizing they were maintaining and did not get to where they are that way etc.) Eating over the years has been solid but solid in the way a health-enthusiast might like, but not a bodybuilder. My macros were roughly moderate protein, low carb, and healthy fats without counting calories. My approach for the longest time was simply lift weights and eat mostly clean and you'll look alright. I've taken more seriously over the past few years but I have a metric fuck-ton to learn. I think that understanding that you really don't know shit is a great way to keep yourself open to continuous learning.

Anyway, onto the cycle. My goal is to take advantage of virgin receptors and gain as much size as I can during this cycle.

Sticking to the basics:

Weeks 1-12: 250mg Test E every 3.5 days
    Weeks 1-14: 250iu hCG every 3.5 days; 10mg Nolva ED
    Weeks 15-18: Clomid 75/50/50/50; Nolva 40/20/20/20

Monitoring BP & pre, mid, post PCT bloodwork

I'm currently 5 days after first pin. Week 1 diet has been only slightly modified from a post our very own GearHeaded suggested. I won't break down my calories/macros at this point but the main change i've made in the last two months has been: not being afraid of carbs and reducing fats correspondingly, and increasing my calories to ~300-600 above mifflin st-jeor maintenance. I will have to watch myself in the mirror and track better to get a better idea of my actual maintenance to eat above it enough but not get super fat.

GearHeaded sample diet (amounts omited for simplicity) :

Meal 1: whey, milk, oats, spoon peanut butter, banana
    Meal 2: ground beef, eggs, cream of rice, apple
    Meal 3: chicken, rice, mixed veggies, olives
    Meal 4: whey, bagel
    Meal 5: steak, potato, salad veggies, olive oil
    Meal 6: salmon, shrimp, butter, rice, avocado, carrot

I also highly suggest GH's whole chicken crock pot recipe. It's cheap, tasty, easy to make, and gives you a few meals.

GH crock pot recipe: Whole chicken, 6 potatos, 5 carrots, 2 cups celery, 1/2 cup onion, half stick butter, chicken broth

Pics attached is my pre-cycle bloodwork and a few I snapped prior to beginning. I didn't take 10 photos trying to get the right lighting as I wanted them to be pretty indicative of what I actually look like. I plan to update this thread as time permits and progresses and continue to improve, taking everything I can from this goldmine of a forum. Thanks fellas.

Chark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chark's 1st Cycle-image0.png   Chark's 1st Cycle-image1.jpg   Chark's 1st Cycle-image2.jpg   Chark's 1st Cycle-image3.jpeg   Chark's 1st Cycle-bw.png  

Last edited by Chark; 12-19-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    You will do well
    In a while I will have a suprise for you.
    No its not dick pics.

Chark is offline Member
    Big shout-out to the big guy Obs for his willingness to help me out and answer my questions. Can’t thank him enough!
    Obs, SampsonandDelilah and JaneDoe like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Big shout-out to the big guy Obs for his willingness to help me out and answer my questions. Can’t thank him enough!
    I think you are the real deal.
    I think you will be here a long time
    SampsonandDelilah and JaneDoe like this.

Chark is offline Member
    Just noticed can’t read the bloodwork for shit. Was basic female panel with only estrogen reading being estradiol. Plan to get more detailed when actually on.
    Anyway, here’s my baseline:

Serum Test at 31: 591
    LH: 3.7
    Serum FSH: 2.5
    Estradiol: 11.3

All other blood levels in normal range
    Obs, arc1569medic and JaneDoe like this.

Obs
    Just noticed can’t read the bloodwork for shit. Was basic female panel with only estrogen reading being estradiol. Plan to get more detailed when actually on.
    Anyway, here’s my baseline:

Serum Test at 31: 591
    LH: 3.7
    Serum FSH: 2.5
    Estradiol: 11.3

All other blood levels in normal range
    You will do fine.
    Most important ancilliary is nolvadex
    JaneDoe likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Good luck, I'll be following your progress!
    Chark likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    UPDATE:
    Beginning of week 4, everything has been going pretty well. Attempted same conditions as OP pics with same lighting spot and tank, although these were the better pics chosen out of ~12 I took.

Morning weight 175. Up from 165 3 full weeks ago.

Chark's 1st Cycle-ec272294-51c7-415a-8155-7b1b828b5c29.jpgChark's 1st Cycle-c27daa38-0577-46ba-a2f2-d7d22cec97da.jpgChark's 1st Cycle-df0cf095-b348-41f1-824e-c547072282fc.jpg
    Last edited by Chark; 01-07-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    Obs, JaneDoe and arc1569medic like this.

Obs
    UPDATE:
    Beginning of week 4, everything has been going pretty well. Attempted same conditions as OP pics with same lighting spot and tank, although these were the better pics chosen out of ~12 I took.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC272294-51C7-415A-8155-7B1B828B5C29.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	826.0 KB 
ID:	177877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C27DAA38-0577-46BA-A2F2-D7D22CEC97DA.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	679.8 KB 
ID:	177876Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF0CF095-B348-41F1-824E-C547072282FC.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	945.0 KB 
ID:	177875
    Looks like yoi are making great progress already!
    Yoi will really be kicking ass in a few weeks!

Hammer down because now is when you potentialize more than you ever will on aas.
    Chark and JaneDoe like this.

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post

Hammer down because now is when you potentialize more than you ever will on aas.
    Thanks brother, especially appreciate the last part where you give reminder to bust ass and not squander the first AAS run. Felt a jolt of motivation reading that.
    Obs, Gallowmere and JaneDoe like this.

Obs
    Thanks brother, especially appreciate the last part where you give reminder to bust ass and not squander the first AAS run. Felt a jolt of motivation reading that.
    You can always do it again but this run will be a great map for you to determine what you can do.
    I think you are going to blow minds.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post

Looking solid Chark, rounding into form! Keep at it brother. Out work and out hustle everyone around you. Stay hungry!
    Chark, Communist and JaneDoe like this.

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Looking solid Chark, rounding into form! Keep at it brother. Out work and out hustle everyone around you. Stay hungry!
    Thanks man! Appreciate the encouraging words!

Chark is offline Member
    At my job we get varying health incentives for weighing in before the holidays and after, more incentive for losing weight and staying within a couple lbs but some just for participating.

I walk into office to be weighed.

“Let’s see, you were 163 before. How do you think you did?”
    “Umm...I’ve been trying to gain weight”
    *steps on a scale*
    “181.6...well, you succeeded”

Obs
    At my job we get varying health incentives for weighing in before the holidays and after, more incentive for losing weight and staying within a couple lbs but some just for participating.

I walk into office to be weighed.

“Let’s see, you were 163 before. How do you think you did?”
    “Umm...I’ve been trying to gain weight”
    *steps on a scale*
    “181.6...well, you succeeded”
    Lmao thats great

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.

Chark's 1st Cycle

Get this spammer out of here. He has 38 posts since December, all worded exactly the same. Spam shit.

We all get enough of this in our phone and texts, and email. We don’t to see it here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by C27H40O3; 01-17-2020 at 04:54 PM.
    Obs, Chark and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Chark is offline Member
    Chark's 1st Cycle-f3caecc3-4ab1-4299-890b-4f882c00c2df.jpg

Went on mini-vaca with the gf and lived out of hotel for a couple days. Snapped a single pic of me relaxed for a good indication of what I look like right now walking around 5 weeks on. May have arm pump from hotel fitness center, no flex.

Gf happy with libido...less happy that I stunk the room up reheating rotisserie chicken.

Chark is offline Member
    I spoke a bit with GearHeaded about my wanting to add Anavar I acquired for a future run to this cycle instead for its anabolic properties and potential to harden me up (diet to remain the same, no cutting).

My body is handling the test well as the only negative side effect I’ve noticed has been increased, but manageable, acne. My skin looks no different than when I was off, I just have to put in a little more work into my skin care routine.

I’m not at home with my calendar but I believe tomorrow makes 7 weeks on for me. GH suggested I consider adding somewhere around the 8 week mark and running all the way up til the day I start PCT that will carry me through the 2 week period after my last pin before PCT. I’ll be running at 40mg.

I’ll be getting mid cycle bloodwork here soon. Things are going well, I’m learning more and getting better every day. I’m learning as much as I can and implementing changes to my routines, diet etc. working on getting 1% better every day.

Been a couple weeks since progress pic, will update soon. Thanks for following.
    JaneDoe and arc1569medic like this.

99JT is offline Member
    I spoke a bit with GearHeaded about my wanting to add Anavar I acquired for a future run to this cycle instead for its anabolic properties and potential to harden me up (diet to remain the same, no cutting).

My body is handling the test well as the only negative side effect I’ve noticed has been increased, but manageable, acne. My skin looks no different than when I was off, I just have to put in a little more work into my skin care routine.

I’m not at home with my calendar but I believe tomorrow makes 7 weeks on for me. GH suggested I consider adding somewhere around the 8 week mark and running all the way up til the day I start PCT that will carry me through the 2 week period after my last pin before PCT. I’ll be running at 40mg.

I’ll be getting mid cycle bloodwork here soon. Things are going well, I’m learning more and getting better every day. I’m learning as much as I can and implementing changes to my routines, diet etc. working on getting 1% better every day.

Been a couple weeks since progress pic, will update soon. Thanks for following.
    I used to get horrible acne I don't anymore but tanning 2-3 times a week helped clear it up.

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    Yeah. The tanning always clears up any blemishes or acne on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    Yeah. The tanning always clears up any blemishes or acne on me.
    Thanks guys, I used to go tanning, may have to give the bed a shot again.

The main change I’ve experienced is I’m now getting acne on my scalp, whereas before cycle I don’t remember ever getting acne there.

If you saw me before cycle and right now, you wouldn’t see any noticeable difference in acne or oily skin. I’ve just had to slightly increase the frequency and alter method of showering, face washing, salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide usage, and moisturizing.

NCC1968 is offline Junior Member
    Are size and strength gains noticeable yet...beyond last mention? You're about 5 weeks ahead of me so I'm watching your thread to predict my future
    Last edited by NCC1968; 02-13-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC1968 View Post
    Are size and strength gains noticeable yet...beyond last mention? You're about 5 weeks ahead of me so I'm watching your thread to predict my future
    Thanks for reminder, still need to snap a few pics. Size and strength both up. The last week or so I’ve gotten several unsolicited comments about my physique. By unsolicited I mean fitness or whatever wasn’t a topic of conversation, most were said in passing to me. Definite increase in mass across my shoulders/traps, at the least a much bloatier look.

“You’re getting big man!” - guy at gym
    “Is it the winter swolstice?” - guy at work
    “Are you bulking up? My son does that” - gal at work
    I saw my mom yesterday for the first time in a month, she’s on to me:

Mom commented on how thick my neck was and that I looked different. My grandma spoke up that I had been working out. Mom goes “yea but he’s been working out forever and I don’t remember noticing this kind of a change in your look, hasn’t been that long since I saw you last.”

Also some old guy at the grocery did a “hulking muscle man impression” while walking past me. I’m not one of those guys that walk around with “imaginary lat ” syndrome. I wasn’t sure how to feel about it
    Last edited by Chark; 02-16-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    arc1569medic likes this.

Good stuff.

I'm trying to play it off as a step up in my plan. I try to keep it in the minds of the people around me that I'm going for a big weight gain....hoping they don't guess what's up. I'm not ashamed, but I don't need the negative attitude some may give....nor hint at what is an illegal drug use......b/c dumbasses equate it to using heroin or some shit.

The positive comments we get fuel the fire......
    Chark likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    Good stuff.

I'm trying to play it off as a step up in my plan. I try to keep it in the minds of the people around me that I'm going for a big weight gain....hoping they don't guess what's up. I'm not ashamed, but I don't need the negative attitude some may give....nor hint at what is an illegal drug use......b/c dumbasses equate it to using heroin or some shit.

The positive comments we get fuel the fire......
    Right, I’m not ashamed of it and wouldn’t be against telling people close to me if they really wanted to know, it’s just not worth offering up the info to anyone that isn’t on a need-to-know basis (significant other) due to stigma and legality. It’s a shame how it’s portrayed. I had my girl watch bigger, stronger, faster and I think that helped a lot vs. the only news she’d ever heard about them (stuff like Chris Benoit).

I’d have to imagine if people couldn’t tell a significant difference in your physique in the throes of a cycle, something we’re doing isn’t right.

I asked my girl how reality has differed from what she expected might happen. The main things are that she’s noticed no mood/personality change and that I didn’t completely mutate like she thought might happen (damn, no Olympia caliber genetics)
    Last edited by Chark; 02-16-2020 at 11:43 AM.
    The road likes this.

(damn, no Olympia caliber genetics)
    Not everyone can be Lee Priest
    Chark likes this.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    Following
    Chark likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    Chark's 1st Cycle-07448996-a3ef-4ae6-9af2-6becf22fb472.jpg
    Chark's 1st Cycle-9f195947-a682-47e5-9f7c-c90193bbe2d9.jpg
    Chark's 1st Cycle-31c74652-943b-48eb-bc09-f1aea15179f7.jpg
    Chark's 1st Cycle-3197af28-a7aa-4770-b4cb-a353a68abf25.jpg
    Chark's 1st Cycle-76a1106f-8d39-4bb4-90af-920e1c1cd699.jpg

Leg day after a rest day so no upper body pump here. Kind of fatigued lately but pushing through, must’ve not gotten enough food/rest. Didn’t have that good feeling tonight. Anyway, enough with the excuses, here’s what it is.
    The road likes this.

Name:	07448996-A3EF-4AE6-9AF2-6BECF22FB472.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	746.6 KB 
ID:	178213

Name:	9F195947-A682-47E5-9F7C-C90193BBE2D9.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	978.4 KB 
ID:	178214

Name:	31C74652-943B-48EB-BC09-F1AEA15179F7.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	793.0 KB 
ID:	178215

Name:	3197AF28-A7AA-4770-B4CB-A353A68ABF25.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	968.2 KB 
ID:	178216

Name:	76A1106F-8D39-4BB4-90AF-920E1C1CD699.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	996.5 KB 
ID:	178217

Leg day after a rest day so no upper body pump here. Kind of fatigued lately but pushing through, must’ve not gotten enough food/rest. Didn’t have that good feeling tonight. Anyway, enough with the excuses, here’s what it is.
    Damn your arms look great!
    Chark likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    Thanks man, I appreciate it! Chest is getting there too, which I’m pretty happy about. Been paying extra attention to it as I want it TO GROW (who doesn’t) and for a long time I had issues activating my chest enough and keeping my shoulders from taking over and fatiguing first. It wasn’t until I really sat down and thought about my approach and played around with some different suggestions and tips I found. I still don’t have it figured out completely but I’ve been getting better chest days and those small improvements are what it’s all about.
    The road likes this.

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Chest is getting there too, which I’m pretty happy about. Been paying extra attention to it as I want it TO GROW (who doesn’t) and for a long time I had issues activating my chest enough and keeping my shoulders from taking over and fatiguing first. It wasn’t until I really sat down and thought about my approach and played around with some different suggestions and tips I found. I still don’t have it figured out completely but I’ve been getting better chest days and those small improvements are what it’s all about.
    Youre definitely fuller all over and in you delts too but wow your arms are popping.

You have a bright future in this

Turning green...some HULK shit there
    Chark likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    I’m about halfway through my 10th week and still doing well. Lifting sessions have been good and I’m happy that I’ve been eating enough for my body to keep growing. I haven’t been counting calories as I said I’d do in my OP, I’ve just been eating. Typical workday meals have been:

Upon waking: shake (isolate, whole milk, PB, banana, oats)
    Meal 2: Salad made entirely of spinach, broccoli, and carrots with a lot of turkey added
    Meal 3: sirloin steak and entire package ready rice
    Meal 4: protein shake
    Post-w/o: white bagel
    Meal 5: rotisserie chicken and baked potato w/grass fed butter and garlic olives.

Eggs/fish/ground beef find their way in there as well. I’ve been happy with the ease the big salads provide of getting all my greens in at once instead of spread throughout.

I’ve been supplementing 1800mg NAC and milk thistle along with several other vitamins I take normally for minor liver aid (var) and general health.

I had picked up some TestE 500mg/ml (afterwards I figured this was a mistake) for use in a future cycle but began to wonder how my newbie glutes could handle a high concentration. Didn’t want to be caught off-guard day 1 of a future cycle and find out I’m too much of a wuss to continue using it so I took a shot of it 2 days ago. Pleasantly found I’ve only gotten minor discomfort from it, that’s a win.

Plan to keep this updated with pictures of how I look at the peak but also how I look after some time has passed post PCT in the battle to keep as much as I’m able to.
    Last edited by Chark; 02-20-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    The road likes this.

Looks like you will break 20lbs gained.....and solid looking. At 5'6" that's noticeable.

Chark is offline Member
    Looks like you will break 20lbs gained.....and solid looking. At 5'6" that's noticeable.
    Thanks man! I weighed in this morning at 188, 25 lbs above my beginning weight.

I take back what I said about the Test 500, that concentration has my cheek SORE. . Going to monitor how long it remains that way just to see if it’s doable. I mean, it’s doable, it’s a tolerable pain/soreness that can be chalked up to the game. Will just decide whether I care to mess with it or not.
    The road likes this.

Thanks man! I weighed in this morning at 188, 25 lbs above my beginning weight.

I take back what I said about the Test 500, that concentration has my cheek SORE. . Going to monitor how long it remains that way just to see if it’s doable. I mean, it’s doable, it’s a tolerable pain/soreness that can be chalked up to the game. Will just decide whether I care to mess with it or not.
    Those high concentrates always hurt.
    I would try slin pins and no more than .2ml in one spot.
    Chark and SampsonandDelilah like this.

25 lbs above my beginning weight
    14% increase in total body weight....nice.
    Chark likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just checked in after a while...awesome work Chark!! Keep it up buddy!

Keep in surplus through your PCT calories wise and don’t be afraid to add another meal in there. Keep battling through.

Looking great!
    Chark and The road like this.

Chark is offline Member
    Chark's 1st Cycle-ad5b6475-d31c-461c-8cb9-8da4a577aa85.jpegChark's 1st Cycle-c63a7b78-116e-4759-91f1-7571563741ea.jpegChark's 1st Cycle-e6021a33-7c5e-494c-9918-56fbdc0c0a50.jpeg

Today begins week 12. I found some good lighting in the gym and posted the best of. I look in the mirror and can’t believe that’s me. I think my delts look even freakier than pics show...man I love the look of great shoulders.

I’ll be running the 40mg var up until day one PCT. After reading some I’ve been thinking about increasing hcg dosage after week 12 up until day one PCT to 1000iu/wk. Thoughts?

Thank you for the kind words Sampson, I will definitely follow your advice. Appreciate you checking in and giving encouraging words. We’re lucky to have you here.
    The road and NCC1968 like this.

Name:	AD5B6475-D31C-461C-8CB9-8DA4A577AA85.jpeg 
Views:	221 
Size:	254.3 KB 
ID:	178292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C63A7B78-116E-4759-91F1-7571563741EA.jpeg 
Views:	175 
Size:	240.1 KB 
ID:	178293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6021A33-7C5E-494C-9918-56FBDC0C0A50.jpeg 
Views:	207 
Size:	237.9 KB 
ID:	178294

Today begins week 12. I found some good lighting in the gym and posted the best of. I look in the mirror and can’t believe that’s me. I think my delts look even freakier than pics show...man I love the look of great shoulders.

I’ll be running the 40mg var up until day one PCT. After reading some I’ve been thinking about increasing hcg dosage after week 12 up until day one PCT to 1000iu/wk. Thoughts?

Thank you for the kind words Sampson, I will definitely follow your advice. Appreciate you checking in and giving encouraging words. We’re lucky to have you here.
    Putting people to shame man!
    SampsonandDelilah and Chark like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information