• 2 Post By MakoShark
  • 1 Post By Mooseman33

Thread: Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated

MakoShark is offline New Member

Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated

Hey guys.

First test cycle. I’m 8 weeks in

Started at 6’3, 210 and around 10%BF
    Never liked to max solo but I was hitting 2-3 reps at 275 on bench, 405 squat, 495 deadlift

Currently 6’3, 238, who knows what BF, maybe around 10%ish.
    Pumped out doubles of 315 on bench, 505 on squat, 545 dead.
    My cycle is
    500mg test e week 1-12
    500iu hcg 2x week
    Tbol kickstart week 1-4

Started getting some tits about 2 weeks ago so took some nolva to clear it up.

Attached are my mid cycle bloods (I’d love some feedback on this, particularly the cholesterol)

Also attached are some progress pics. Relaxed/not flexing in any pics to try and keep continuity and true size.

Just looking to see if things seem like they should be for a first cycle both visual results and labs. Thanks, fellas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated-454f1dd5-ad57-4465-9207-40a2467d3b25.jpeg   Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated-0ac81f98-c103-405b-9f2d-74d301aaa733.jpeg   Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated-d648b13a-3b8e-4735-b0a7-e0126cc206c1.jpeg   Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated-c7fa9944-d742-41c2-b3d6-13947d88518e.jpeg   Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated-75f9aa3d-29cf-4926-8dd5-4b432a3a2b0f.jpeg  

Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated-38f6aa2e-a592-4a9a-84ef-edf619d082e4.jpg  
    Last edited by MakoShark; 04-01-2022 at 12:07 PM.
    Testie, Family_guy and JaneDoe like this.

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    Your strength and weight gains are great, bodyfat is hard to guess with no back shots and only one semi leg shot. I would guess between 12-14%

Cholesterol is a bit high but I would not worry about it yet. Make diet changes like oats, limit alcohol, try non flushing niacin, ect. You can look all the food options up.

Code:
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/11-foods-that-lower-cholesterol
    MakoShark likes this.

Thanks for the insight, iranon.

I don’t drink but certainly will look into more oats. I guess I’ve been neglecting their consumption compared to potatoes and rice for carbohydrates. I’ll start to swap them in or add them in. I will look into the niacin as well.
    JaneDoe likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your labs look great to me and nothing that’s in the “high” range is worrisome. Cholesterol, kidney and liver functions are all going to take a hit. Your estrogen isn’t too high numerically but definitely see the gyno, some guys are just predisposed.

Total and free test look really solid as well and ot looks like you’ve definitely put some size on…great job.

BF% is hard to guess but you’re bulking I’m assuming so don’t worry about it. Pack it on while you’re running this gear. I aim for about 18 calories per pound of body weight…remember as your weight goes up, so must your calories.

(I’d say Iranon is about right though…12-14%. The fat you do have looks to be in that lower 1/3 ab, welcome to being a guy)

18# at 8 weeks is solid…what lab are you running?

How long are you planning on going? I’d go at least 12 if not 16 if you keep making gains.

PCT or TRT?

Hard to have perspective without starting photos for comparison but your current pics look great.

Keep up the solid work Mako!!
    JaneDoe, Cuz, MakoShark and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Your labs look great to me and nothing that’s in the “high” range is worrisome. Cholesterol, kidney and liver functions are all going to take a hit. Your estrogen isn’t too high numerically but definitely see the gyno, some guys are just predisposed.

Total and free test look really solid as well and ot looks like you’ve definitely put some size on…great job.

BF% is hard to guess but you’re bulking I’m assuming so don’t worry about it. Pack it on while you’re running this gear. I aim for about 18 calories per pound of body weight…remember as your weight goes up, so must your calories.

(I’d say Iranon is about right though…12-14%. The fat you do have looks to be in that lower 1/3 ab, welcome to being a guy)

18# at 8 weeks is solid…what lab are you running?

How long are you planning on going? I’d go at least 12 if not 16 if you keep making gains.

PCT or TRT?

Hard to have perspective without starting photos for comparison but your current pics look great.

Keep up the solid work Mako!!
    Awesome, thank you for all the feedback, S&D.

I’ve always had man tits no matter how lean I get. So I definitely am prone to estro sides.

Lab is dragon pharma 250 for the test and arctic titans for the tbol. Fell in love with the tbol. I remember you tried dbol for the first time a bit ago and it destroyed your intestines but I had no gastro issues with tbol and the strength and size increase was awesome. May be worth trying out if you haven’t before.

Im going 12 weeks. Though I definitely wouldn’t be opposed to 16 if you think that isn’t horrible for a first time user.

I had originally planned for PCT but some have suggested trt for me based on my pre cycle labs which are….interesting to say the least due to my chemo history. I started a thread on it a while back to see if that would help in deciding. Pct will be standard nolva 40/40/20/20 and clomid 100/50/50/50.

Attached is the best I can do for a pre cycle photo but it’s not straight on and am somewhat flexing in it.Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated-8f2413fa-ebad-42a2-8506-015c2953b5ac.jpg

Awesome improvement bud!

I’d look into TRT…I did 16 weeks of 5FU and Mytomiacin along with 35 rounds of radiation and never stopped to TRT. I’m convinced it saved my muscle mass and kept me feeling like a man. The toughest part for me is my insides still aren’t right yet (not sure how you’re doing with it).

I think 16 is just fine if you haven’t stalled out
    Testie, Family_guy and JaneDoe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Awesome improvement bud!

I’d look into TRT…I did 16 weeks of 5FU and Mytomiacin along with 35 rounds of radiation and never stopped to TRT. I’m convinced it saved my muscle mass and kept me feeling like a man. The toughest part for me is my insides still aren’t right yet (not sure how you’re doing with it).

I think 16 is just fine if you haven’t stalled out
    Awesome, thanks for the input.

Mitomycin will crush you for sure. How long post treatment are you right now? A lot of the intravenous chemo side affects are “short term” (months to a year or two) compared to the horrible complications down the road from our radiation treatments. So hopefully you’ll start feeling more normal internally relatively soon.

Out of curiosity, what makes it a somewhat easy path for me to head toward trt? That my balls basically are worthless at this point post treatment and all they just pump out fsh and LH to epic proportions? Im certainly not opposed to it and think it would improve my quality of life - just wondering.
    JaneDoe likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Incredible results!
    MakoShark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MakoShark View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the input.

Mitomycin will crush you for sure. How long post treatment are you right now? A lot of the intravenous chemo side affects are “short term” (months to a year or two) compared to the horrible complications down the road from our radiation treatments. So hopefully you’ll start feeling more normal internally relatively soon.

Out of curiosity, what makes it a somewhat easy path for me to head toward trt? That my balls basically are worthless at this point post treatment and all they just pump out fsh and LH to epic proportions? Im certainly not opposed to it and think it would improve my quality of life - just wondering.

I’m about 18 months since my last treatment. Some days I feel great, others I feel like absolute dog shit. Mostly just with GI stuff, they’re all notorious for it, as well as the radiation. As you know, I’m sure.

The 5FU was actually worse, I alternated weeks between each one (one on one off) for 4 months. Mytomiacin I did in the infusion center and the 5FU came home with me in a bag and ran 24/7 for 7 days…saline flush and the 3 hour infusions daily of the Mytomiacin. It was all awful…

The “easiest” path would be to go to a hormone clinic and pay cash. They’ll do labs and prescribe. Most of them will go just cash although some will take insurance.

Given your history, I would make an appointment with an endocrinologist and tell them that’s what you want. I think you’re better off with someone who will keep a closer eye on you from a medically managed landscape as opposed to someone running a for profit testosterone operation. I mean it’s not rocket science and you’ll do your labs, so if that’s your only option I wouldn’t let it stop you. However if you can find a good endo who is willing to RX and monitor you, I’d go that route

Can always PM me and we can chat too
    MakoShark likes this.

I may have missed it, but how old are you Mako?

I’m 46 and started TRT at 40…best decision I ever made. I was running occasional test cycles and I would blow up and deflate, feel like Superman and then Clark Kent.

My mood would be up and then down along with my libido and overall sense of self. The PCT drugs made me feel like garage too and I would be like a woman when I was on clomid, it was awful.

It took me a while to dial in my dose and honestly now I mostly manage it myself, but after the cancer debacle I went back to my PCP and for a while and then went back on my own about 6 months ago. I’ve learned so much on this journey and just pay for my hormone panels as the post oncology journey keeps me in the lab getting bloodwork for everything else quite often…as you know.

Anyways, definitely worth exploring and clomid and nolva are fucking awful and not having to hit that lag after a cycle is the best…I hold my gains better as well.

Good luck whichever way you go and congrats on your journey thus far!

Anyone who has been through that is a warrior in my mind. It’s a fight on all fronts and I wouldn’t wish it upon my worst enemy!

Cheers brother!
    MakoShark likes this.

Oh made just 18 months out? Well shit your crushing it for it being that recent. As shitty as it sounds, you can expect the side effects for a bit longer. And there may even be a new “normal” depending on your original diagnosis and affected organs.

I had the 24/7 saline flushes too! My god did those suck. You’re a damn warrior, dude. Plus you seem to have rebounded incredibly well all things considered. I look up to you. Hell of an example.

And I’m 32. Had been playing professional sports until this winter that I retired. No more piss testing = first cycle. Yeah I’m 100% gonna hit up the endocrinologist soon but I will say I think I’m sold on the TRT. Based on all the input I’ve received. Im thinking 200mg/week cruise once I finish this bulk.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    You’ve done very well. Muscle mass is fantastic. I watch my labs close and for me your cholesterol is too high mine is much lower on test and fairly close on a tren cycle which is hell on your lipids. With that said keep an eye on them, watch your diet closely even if you are lean on the outside the inside can tell a different story. Nothing to be concerned over, but the cholesterol could come down a few points. Something to work on, great progress buddy

So based on the feedback I decided to go 16 weeks with the final 4 weeks start to cut down. I just started week 15 today. Attached is the most recent picture. I will most likely cruise after this cycle at 200-250mg test per week. Still need to get updated bloods to figure out where my cholesterol and FSH and LH are on cycle.Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated-837ec9da-c5e4-4719-817f-17ab2fd9d0f0.jpg

Cruising on 250mg/week test e+ 200mg deca for joints (which has helped incredibly). A couple months into cruise. Leaned out well and maintained quite a bit of my muscle gained from cycle. Need to get bloods to recheck cholesterol and such.Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated-img_3892.jpg
    Last edited by MakoShark; 07-25-2022 at 08:39 PM. Reason: added picture
    956Vette and Family_guy like this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    look great man.
    MakoShark likes this.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Nice dude! Looking big as hell. And lean!

So you really like Tbol? I’m considering it somewhat but I just love dbol too much I think hahaha

For strength and size absolutely I love tbol. I’ve already dealt with high estrogen sides far too long and don’t need any more aromatizing. Tbol does give me almost crippling back pumps but that’s the only side I get that I dislike.

Latest physique update
    Update on first cycle - feedback would be appreciated-a36566eb-c3dc-46d8-9bbc-d2f7158c42d5.jpeg

Thread Information