Thread: Whats the use

johndope is offline Associate Member

Whats the use

Guys, i have been chicking in and out for almost a year and a half now, what do i notice?

every pic that has been posted, everyone replies with looking good bro!
    looking gr8!!

even if the guys on the pic are not that big.

My point is... Try not to flame, but be honest!!

it is good to motivate, but, try to tell the TRUTH

It doesnt help them (or me, or you) if u got weak sports, like a small chest, or the bf is too high and everyone ignores them.

Do reply stating what area they should give extra attention etc..

just my 2 cents..

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Bro, fair enough but you think these people don't know their weak points? Okay, maybe some won't but the majority will.

You don't have to read the 'encouragement' posts if you don't want to bro.

def

good point there, but do u understand what i mean?

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    i think we know just what you mean, but the best way to give encouragment is to use constructive critisism (which most people do anyway!)

if someone looks "good" thats a relative term! most guys on here look good compared to say the average couch potatoe with his gut hanging over his pants! so what if their pecs are not up to scratch with ronnie coleman!

i feel its much better to get positive remarks which make you feel good about yourself and encourage you to work harder. constructive critisism works just fine, and most of the members here use it to its full advantage.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    there's always a lot of positive comments and encouragement, but also what needs work. I haven't seen anyone on this board that I didnt think had potentional

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I agree with Iron horse here, I've seen hundreds of pictures of members of AR, and there are always positive comments (of course) but there are also a lot of "what needs work" comments. No one will ever be told, "you look small bro, you should quit" This isn't that kind of a board. No matter what you look like, there is always room for improvement, even the huge guys like BigKev, they still want to improve themselves (not that anyone can say anything about him he looks perfect .)

timvds is offline Member
    john, not everyone on here is a national competitor. some of us body build just for the sake of feeling better about our bodies, and ourselves.

of course you being "holier than thou" and having the physique of a god and all, doesnt give you the right to criticise.

and do you not think if the person posting his/her picture has above average bodyfat acrually KNOWS that they need to lose a few pounds? Of course they do. almost all of us know what our weak spots are, but we dont need people like you pointing them out.

MY 2c

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    John, I know where you are coming from, but you have no idea where 90% of the people in here are coming from. By the time someone in here posts a picture of themselves, you can bet your sweet ass they have already made a huge change (or a commitment to one) in there life.

I doubt you can find one person that has ever posted his/her pics in here that doesn't know 20 things on there body they would like to change.

I consider most of the people on this board my friends because I know that if I were to meet them we would become that way. So I in no way shape or form would ever harshly critize someone that I consider that way.

And I personally have posted my pics, but not in the sense of "Look at me ain't I beautiful" but in a "This is where I am now, wait for the after pics!"

c-ya
    WCG

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by wanna_c_gains
    John, I know where you are coming from, but you have no idea where 90% of the people in here are coming from. By the time someone in here posts a picture of themselves, you can bet your sweet ass they have already made a huge change (or a commitment to one) in there life.
    To add to what WCG said....every single member who posts their pics goes through a lot of stress wondering if they should or shouldn't. Will I get flamed? Will people think I'm small? Will I lose respect when they see how fat I am? Do I look like I'm in good enough shape?.....these are some of the questions I asked myself the first time I posted my pics and I have to assume that everybody questions their actions before finally going through with it. MY opinion is this...if somebody has made improvements or progress and they have the guts to show everybody their progress....give them respect and congratulate them. I for one ALWAYS offer constructive criticism on top of the praise...and in return I always accept constructive criticism. I also feel if you have something negative to say...post your pics along side your comment. Some people can back up their negative comments but most of the time, they are too chicken shit to step up.

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Pete235

To add to what WCG said....every single member who posts their pics goes through a lot of stress wondering if they should or shouldn't. Will I get flamed? Will people think I'm small? Will I lose respect when they see how fat I am? Do I look like I'm in good enough shape?.....these are some of the questions I asked myself the first time I posted my pics and I have to assume that everybody questions their actions before finally going through with it. MY opinion is this...if somebody has made improvements or progress and they have the guts to show everybody their progress....give them respect and congratulate them. I for one ALWAYS offer constructive criticism on top of the praise...and in return I always accept constructive criticism. I also feel if you have something negative to say...post your pics along side your comment. Some people can back up their negative comments but most of the time, they are too chicken shit to step up.
    Made a pretty good team on that one.

guys guys definitely NO flame intended on this one!!

my point is, maybe it should help if we were to be a bit more "specific" and not just a "looking good bro"

it would help if ud say looking good, but u need to work on the legs, etc..

I post my pic, to let the "pro's" like u guys take a look at it and give ur 2 cents

so the next time i hit the gym i hit it with the idea of, ok that is weak WORK ON IT!

again no flame intended, but just give the ppl a bit more pointers so they know what to work on even more.

The Emperor is offline Associate Member
    I feel you John, but maybe things should stay the way the are. If someone want constructive critiques then they should say so. At the same time I think its just as wrong to flame someone as it is to lie to them. But if the board feels thats the best way to handle the situation then so be it. Like was said, people know what they look like and you can tell by the post whether or not the reply is in ernest or if its for encouragement. Just accept the no flame rule and try not to reply when you don't have anything good to say. Thats what I do...

Thread Information